d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Researching Suspension Upgrades
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 398.00
Jul 13 2010 03:31pm
so i plan on upgrading my suspension before the summers end. iv been reseaerching it a bit on diff forums and seeing what ppl use and suggest for my car (03 civic Si).

i dont autoX or go to the track so i dont need a stiff ass race setup, i want somethjing that is still comfortabe to DD and i dont want to lower it more than about an inch becasue i live in the country and we have some very uneven bumby roads.

the ppl in the ephatch forum seem to like the factory HFP setup quit a bit, but i dont belive they make them anymore and i probly wont be able to find a new kit.

atm im thinking about the eibach pro kit springs, but i havent really decided on dampers yet. i know koni makes some bad ass dampers but from what iv heard they are very stiff and sometimes require modification to the car to get them to fit which i dont what to do. i want a straight bolt in application. so if anyone out there has used diff brands of aftermarcket dampers before give be some fed back on the ride quality and price and so on.

anyway i figure posting this here is probly futile but i thought id give it a try anyways. :)
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 13 2010 03:34pm
A arm bushings > struts > springs > sway bars > sex
Jul 13 2010 03:37pm
Quote (CultureOfWaste @ Jul 13 2010 03:34pm)
A arm bushings > struts > springs > sway bars > sex

yea ill only have about $600-$800 to spend on them most likely mb a bit more.. ideally yea id upgrade every single piece of the suspension i can, but i dont have $2500+ to spend.

edit: ill also be buying alignment kits for the fromt and rear, the eibach pro kit and pro alignment kit front and rear willl run about $500.

This post was edited by Four20 on Jul 13 2010 03:39pm
Gold: 3,295.00
Banned
Jul 13 2010 03:41pm
Quote (Four20 @ Jul 13 2010 05:37pm)
yea ill only have about $600-$800 to spend on them most likely mb a bit more.. ideally yea id upgrade every single piece of the suspension i can, but i dont have $2500+ to spend.

edit: ill also be buying alignment kits for the fromt and rear, the eibach pro kit and pro alignment kit front and rear willl run about $500.

i wouldn't wanna buy a kit but that's just me

i'd start with control arm bushings

then struts

then springs

then sway barz and end links

when i did my suspension my poly bushings made the most difference in the way the car handles, and they were also the cheapest... like 60$ for all 4 corners
Gold: 600.69
Warn: 100%
Jul 13 2010 03:42pm
stock fwd econoslowbox

why waste the money
Jul 13 2010 03:48pm
Quote (CultureOfWaste @ Jul 13 2010 03:41pm)
i wouldn't wanna buy a kit but that's just me

i'd start with control arm bushings

then struts

then springs

then sway barz and end links

when i did my suspension my poly bushings made the most difference in the way the car handles, and they were also the cheapest... like 60$ for all 4 corners

well its not a "kit" thats just what eibach calls their spring package. its only springs.

the other thing is i dont have the tools or knowlage or time to do this myself so i will be buying everything i need and having it all installed at the same time. i would really like some poly bushings though and they are pretty cheap. what u thing they would charge to install those? did u get energy suspension bushings? if not what brand?
Banned
Jul 13 2010 03:53pm
Quote (Four20 @ Jul 13 2010 05:48pm)
well its not a "kit" thats just what eibach calls their spring package. its only springs.

the other thing is i dont have the tools or knowlage or time to do this myself so i will be buying everything i need and having it all installed at the same time. i would really like some poly bushings though and they are pretty cheap. what u thing they would charge to install those? did u get energy suspension bushings? if not what brand?

if you're hiring all of this done it's gunna cost quite a bit

but yeah it takes some specific tools and know-how to replace bushings and suspension parts

if you don't wanna mess with spring compressors(because they're kinda dangerous) i would just buy coilovers

i don't know what's out there for honda but my bushings are just polyurethane with a titanium inner sleeve and grade 8.8 bolts

my subframe would snap before my bushings would

no particular brand either... just some guy that loves audi's and has an equipped machine shop made mine
Jul 13 2010 04:01pm
Quote (CultureOfWaste @ Jul 13 2010 03:53pm)
if you're hiring all of this done it's gunna cost quite a bit

but yeah it takes some specific tools and know-how to replace bushings and suspension parts

if you don't wanna mess with spring compressors(because they're kinda dangerous) i would just buy coilovers

i don't know what's out there for honda but my bushings are just polyurethane with a titanium inner sleeve and grade 8.8 bolts

my subframe would snap before my bushings would

no particular brand either... just some guy that loves audi's and has an equipped machine shop made mine

iv priced spring/damper installation before and its usually about $100 per axel. as for the alignment kit i just had my car aligned at pep boys after i got my new tires so if i get all this done with in 3 months i can take it back to them and they will align it for free.

but id bet replacing all the bushings is another thing all togather.

as for coilovers they all seem to run atleast 1K if not more then plus paying for instalation is probly gonna be to much for me. and like i said i dont need some professinal race suspension, i just want it to be slightly stiffer and a bit lower and still have a good ride. im not trying to go all out or anything.
Banned
Jul 13 2010 04:04pm
Quote (Four20 @ Jul 13 2010 06:01pm)
iv priced spring/damper installation before and its usually about $100 per axel. as for the alignment kit i just had my car aligned at pep boys after i got my new tires so if i get all this done with in 3 months i can take it back to them and they will align it for free.

but id bet replacing all the bushings is another thing all togather.

as for coilovers they all seem to run atleast 1K if not more then plus paying for instalation is probly gonna be to much for me. and like i said i dont need some professinal race suspension, i just want it to be slightly stiffer and a bit lower and still have a good ride. im not trying to go all out or anything.

yeah coilover kits are about 1800$ for my car

i just chose a spring/strut combo and replaced all my mounts and bushings

it was a lot of work.

my car rides pretty rough, but it's nice

e:

i have about 1300$ total into my suspension

This post was edited by CultureOfWaste on Jul 13 2010 04:04pm
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll