d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Fire Sorc Guide! > All Builds included + DUELING STRATEGIES
Prev123423Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8.00
Warn: 20%
Sep 3 2006 10:45am
heheh thanks.
Gold: 1.50
Sep 3 2006 10:54am
It seems as though your strategy expects the BvC to do longer whirls. Good BvCs will use triwhirls, not long/short whirls.
Sep 3 2006 11:00am
This will just make it take longer. You can still get 1, 2, maybe even 3 shots in (depending on if you're 200 or 105) while he's whirling. You just gotta let loose one or two shots while he's doing his short whirls and then tele away. His life will go down really slowly, but it will go down.
Sep 3 2006 11:06am
Quote (distortion- @ Sun, Sep 3 2006, 05:00pm)
This will just make it take longer. You can still get 1, 2, maybe even 3 shots in (depending on if you're 200 or 105) while he's whirling. You just gotta let loose one or two shots while he's doing his short whirls and then tele away. His life will go down really slowly, but it will go down.

Same with you.

ES can be taken down via dracs + widowmaker. This even allows Hotspurs to be worn. To make it fun, the barbarian can use rising sun or nokozan (as he is doing his main damage via ow) and use 2x um wizzies on switch for ow (total 50%) and high fcr.

144.5 per 17k fb if you got 95% FR.
153 per 17k fb if you got 90% FR and use a Rising sun on lvl 91. (this is if you do not have full life)
8.5 per 17k fb if you got 95% FR and use a Rising sun on lvl 91 (ex. Vex Arreat's) (if you do not have full life that is)
0.5 healed per 17k fb if you got 95% FR and use a Rising Sun on lvl 97 (if you do not have full life)

This post was edited by olba on Sep 3 2006 11:07am
Sep 3 2006 11:11am
There's a point where it's just kinda ridiculious. Having 95% fire resist with rising sun will make it nearly impossible to kill you no matter what you do.
But, my sorcs are intended for GM duels (or pub duels). In pub duels, no one is gonna load up on all anti-fire gear because that will make him way too vulnerable to anything not fire. In GM duels, that's simply not allowed.
Sep 3 2006 11:16am
Quote (distortion- @ Sun, Sep 3 2006, 05:11pm)
There's a point where it's just kinda ridiculious. Having 95% fire resist with rising sun will make it nearly impossible to kill you no matter what you do.
But, my sorcs are intended for GM duels (or pub duels). In pub duels, no one is gonna load up on all anti-fire gear because that will make him way too vulnerable to anything not fire. In GM duels, that's simply not allowed.

Who says it's not allowed? Who tells you what's "gm rules"?

Heck, I use 90% FR versus any es fb'er I duel 1v1. And if they cry about "sorb" then they simply know nothing.
Sep 3 2006 11:31am
Technically using hspurs is already BM.
Since we're on JSP, I use the rules that I read on JSP for GM vs. BM. According to those rules, any increment of max resist more than 10% is BM (so having 90% fire resist is BM). You can't pair increased resist with sorb.
So JSP tells us what the "GM rules" are, and your suggestion isn't following them.
Sep 3 2006 12:05pm
Quote (distortion- @ Sun, Sep 3 2006, 05:31pm)
Technically using hspurs is already BM.
Since we're on JSP, I use the rules that I read on JSP for GM vs. BM. According to those rules, any increment of max resist more than 10% is BM (so having 90% fire resist is BM). You can't pair increased resist with sorb.
So JSP tells us what the "GM rules" are, and your suggestion isn't following them.

JSP is for randoms. Max resistance is NEVER BM. And BM comes from "Bad Manners", not "it Beat Me". You tell me how items can have manners and I will tell you how they cannot.

Slow Missiles
Over-absorbing (2x dstars, rising sun, vex arreats, hotspur)
crying about TGod's
Playing overly defensive (as in always being off-map)
Life Healing
Prayer
Meditation
Akara'ing

Those are the things that I think are BM. Anything else is easily countered except those. KB on bowazon -> Doom. Minions on druid/necro -> lifetap wand, etc.

If you choose a build that's damage is HUGE but it can be reduced a lot, that's your problem. If you cannot win a person due to that, you should consider crying out loud and choosing another class.
Sep 3 2006 01:41pm
ok. you can play GM with yourself while everyone else plays by the rules... that's fine.
and how do you know when you're over-sorbing vs. sorbing normally?
Sep 3 2006 02:17pm
Quote (distortion- @ Sun, Sep 3 2006, 07:41pm)
ok. you can play GM with yourself while everyone else plays by the rules... that's fine.
and how do you know when you're over-sorbing vs. sorbing normally?

Over-sorbing would be so much that it heals you. "Sorbing" would simply be to reduce the damage to the lowest possible, such as 2x dstars + 95% FR (it won't heal due to the reducings being percental. Anything that's percental can never go in the negatives, it can just go very small (x * n can never be negative, as long as x or n are not negative, which is impossible (you cannot get -sorb% ( and yes, that would make it go into negatives right away. 1*(-2) is -2) nor can you deal -damage% unless you exceed the cap for damage (which is only possible on Open)).

Anything below this is simply reducing. Such as Hotspurs vs. FBers or 2x Ravens vs. Orbers or Blizzard sorcs.

Note that these are over-fair for elemental characters, as "absorb" would mean "to take into", aka negate something or make it so that it helps you. If I used this rule, Over-absorbing would be absorbing and there would be no over-absorbing.

This post was edited by olba on Sep 3 2006 02:21pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123423Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll