d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Last Wish Is Rubbish > Official Thread
Prev14567827Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 8.37
Jul 7 2009 06:57am
Quote (ButteredWaffles @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 12:54pm)
this just in:
your retarded. plenty of people do. including myself. thank you now gtfo...

go back into your cave
nobody plays SP no more
Gold: 0.00
Jul 7 2009 08:40am
getting back to the argument, i wouldn't say LW is totally useless.. yes the dmg from grief, astreon's, etc outweigh it by far.. and imo, LW should never be used on a SMITER.. it's much better suited for hammerdins who wish to use their 1 pt smite to do ubers.. since it's a pain to keep grief, exile, guilame's, goblin toes all in stash to get the CB and the tap, it would be a better idea for a hammerdin to equip a LW and take on ubers with his 1 pt smite..

so imo, a LW is a weapon which is meant for someone who has smite as a BACKUP skill, and wishes to do ubers without much gear change..
Gold: 16.62
Jul 7 2009 08:42am
You fucking idiot. LOL
Gold: 3,475.00
Jul 7 2009 08:43am
Quote (deathwinger @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 07:58am)

oh and btw, dual wielding frenzy with amp kills diablo faster than zerk ~_~
2x the crushing blow damage
1.5x the attack damage
2x the attack speed
etc etc

knowing this you still are arguing for LW?
talk about hypocrisy... not that anyone took you seriously to begin with but you've shed yourself of all potential credibility with this self defeating reasoning

Quote (deathwinger @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 03:56am)
its definitely the most *space-effective* though.
my bvc can actually kill ubers simply by replacing his grief with LW, with 1 point frenzy
how cool is that

*space-effective* should not be an issue, transferring items is a breeze

but thanks for showing you didn't read anything, because this is not about pvp characters
and putting a last wish on a real frenzy barb for the sake of doing ubers is equivalent to putting a helmet on a boxer and tying one arm behind his back

Quote (drt1245 @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 07:55am)

People would be idiots and make poor gear choices no matter how many HRs they have.

many replies in this thread prove you right

Quote (Ancalagon @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 08:35am)
jsp is far from being "the"  diablo community because it does not represent  the several thousand user of battle net that are not registered here or those that play sp and so on.
I can easily show you several thousand non JSP diablo2 players.

this is very very very true
in fact, there are many people that believe/know that jsp users are complete idiots when it comes to d2

Quote (ButteredWaffles @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 08:54am)
Quote (deathwinger @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 08:45am)
this just in:
nobody else, at all, plays single player diablo 2. Just you. People stopped playing SP d2 a decade ago

this just in:

your retarded. plenty of people do. including myself. thank you now gtfo...

^_^

lw might be considered the best weapon for a dtalon kicker only, but if you need it to survive it is still strong evidence that you're playing your character wrong
it is probably the worst weapon for a dtail kicker, bartucs ftw
Banned
Jul 7 2009 08:45am
Quote (MajinKaisa @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 02:43pm)
knowing this you still are arguing for LW?
talk about hypocrisy... not that anyone took you seriously to begin with but you've shed yourself of all potential credibility with this self defeating reasoning

Argueing in favor of what, precisely?
LW is the best item for turning a smiter or frenzy or kicker or whatever into an uber cleaner.
You can't kill ubers with just amp + grief/beast like I can against diablo

If I want to run ubers, all I have to do is slap on a last wish and I'm set.

*space-effective* should not be an issue, transferring items is a breeze

but thanks for showing you didn't read anything, because this is not about pvp characters
and putting a last wish on a real frenzy barb for the sake of doing ubers is equivalent to putting a helmet on a boxer and tying one arm behind his back

Except the difference is NOT night and day as you make it out to be, but rather only marginal.
It might be the difference from a smiter taking 20 seconds and taking 15 seconds.

You can slap a last wish on any pubby pvp smiter and he can clear uber trist. Even some hammerdins can with 1 point smite
Yet even if you bothered to make an entirely "from the ground up" pvm smiter *just* for uber trist using specific gear, of which LW was not the optimal weapon; you'd quickly find that your killing speed is only marginally better, yet taking so much more time and effort to construct. Why make two chars when you make one? Uber mephisto doesn't care if you take 15 or 20 seconds.

this is very very very true
in fact, there are many people that believe/know that jsp users are complete idiots when it comes to d2

and you're a jsp user, props.

as it would stand, jsp accounts for at least 90% of the 'community' at the moment.
nobody cares about some minority psychopaths who disbelieve in duped runes sitting together on some private forum that sees one new post every 3 days?

This post was edited by deathwinger on Jul 7 2009 08:50am
Jul 7 2009 09:32am
Quote (deathwinger @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 10:45am)
Argueing in favor of what, precisely?
LW is the best item for turning a smiter or frenzy or kicker or whatever into an uber cleaner.
You can't kill ubers with just amp + grief/beast like I can against diablo

If I want to run ubers, all I have to do is slap on a last wish and I'm set.

Except the difference is NOT night and day as you make it out to be, but rather only marginal.
It might be the difference from a smiter taking 20 seconds and taking 15 seconds.

You can slap a last wish on any pubby pvp smiter and he can clear uber trist. Even some hammerdins can with 1 point smite
Yet even if you bothered to make an entirely "from the ground up" pvm smiter *just* for uber trist using specific gear, of which LW was not the optimal weapon; you'd quickly find that your killing speed is only marginally better, yet taking so much more time and effort to construct. Why make two chars when you make one? Uber mephisto doesn't care if you take 15 or 20 seconds.

and you're a jsp user, props.

as it would stand, jsp accounts for at least 90% of the 'community' at the moment.
nobody cares about some minority psychopaths who disbelieve in duped runes sitting together on some private forum that sees one new post every 3 days?

all you're doing is repeating the same thing over and over, and thats all you've done since you've entered this topic, not bringing any more information or evidence to your point
i am not arguing whether or not someone using lw can do something but rather the fact that you can make an ut smiter at practically zero cost using self found gear who can do what you've spent many hrs to make or lots of fg

there is no limits on how many characters you can make on the game, so having a specific one for ubers is not an issue, nor is keeping ubering gear on a different character for one you already have...

lets look at some numbers from my frenzy barb

edeathcs, 100% chance of crushing blow
vs animals: 4850-13352
vs unsead: 4850-13352
vs demons: 6152-16936

grief, 50% chance of crushing blow
vs animals: 10322-10681
vs unsead: 10322-10681
vs demons: 15173-15704

now lets look at an item that costs 5 times more to make than one of those in the same hands

last wish 15edmg sup perfect rolled pb, 100% chance of crushing blow
vs animals: 3294-3970
vs unsead: 3294-3970
vs demons: 4177-5036

its pathetic, the max damage is less than the min dmg on a death and they have the same cb, and lw costs 5x more to make
Banned
Jul 7 2009 09:35am
Quote (MajinKaisa @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 03:32pm)

lets look at some numbers from my frenzy barb

edeathcs, 100% chance of crushing blow
vs animals: 4850-13352
vs unsead: 4850-13352
vs demons: 6152-16936

grief, 50% chance of crushing blow
vs animals: 10322-10681
vs unsead: 10322-10681
vs demons: 15173-15704

I'm not sure if you grasp this. Its um lols used in uhhh uber tristram, not just like regular pvm
so u go n killt with grief, sure

but in uber trist, crushing blow is meni times beter rofl. u dont kill ur uber bosses wit regular damage, u do it wit crushing blow. regular damage u only need once they already low like 3% hp
n lw has waaaaay more cb than grief or um edc, cuz neither of those have cb.

lw isnt used to create pure physical dmg, its used for a niche pvm usage which is ofc ubers
Gold: 540.00
Jul 7 2009 09:45am
only place i use last wish is a5 merc, where

the aura helps
the dmg is pretty decent (especially with if used for hammerdin with conc)
the cb helps tons for bosses that hammerdins/blizzys can take a while to kill
the tap helps the merc tank anything
the fade is nice for dr and stacked res if it casts (doesnt usually)

i can uber with a much cheaper set up than one with lw so i dont see the point of using it there, but imo a5 > a2 mercs unless u need infinity or pride and eth lw cb is great choice for them
Gold: 0.10
Jul 7 2009 09:46am
Quote (sylvannos @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 12:01pm)
lol.

If runes weren't duped, they would be prolly around 10~20 fg each instead of 3 fg on non-ladder and late-ladder.

That's nothing.

Saying not to use runes etc. etc. is just...well, i don't know what to think of that.

To the bazaar's merit, imo it's cool to see a legit item forum.

Common dupes are banned from the site. It's just unfortunate that hrs fit into that category.

without dupe 10-20 fg hrs :OOO ! :SS
Quote (Anc)

jsp is far from being "the"  diablo community because it does not represent  the several thousand user of battle net that are not registered here or those that play sp and so on.
I can easily show you several thousand non JSP diablo2 players.

And I wonder how many of those are bots :/

This post was edited by hue_two on Jul 7 2009 09:51am
Jul 7 2009 09:56am
Quote (GoHuskers @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 11:45am)
only place i use last wish is a5 merc, where

the aura helps
the dmg is pretty decent (especially with if used for hammerdin with conc)
the cb helps tons for bosses that hammerdins/blizzys can take a while to kill
the tap helps the merc tank anything
the fade is nice for dr and stacked res if it casts (doesnt usually)

i can uber with a much cheaper set up than one with lw so i dont see the point of using it there, but imo a5 > a2 mercs unless u need infinity or pride and eth lw cb is great choice for them

Quote (deathwinger @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 11:35am)
I'm not sure if you grasp this. Its um lols used in uhhh uber tristram, not just like regular pvm
so u go n killt with grief, sure

but in uber trist, crushing blow is meni times beter rofl. u dont kill ur uber bosses wit regular damage, u do it wit crushing blow. regular damage u only need once they already low like 3% hp
n lw has waaaaay more cb than grief or um edc, cuz neither of those have cb.

lw isnt used to create pure physical dmg, its used for a niche pvm usage which is ofc ubers

i can answer both of you with

Quote (MajinKaisa @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 12:26am)
I see people suggesting and condoning the use of last wish all the time, in most cases it is a terrible choice of weapons

for the nub, edeathcs is ethereal death colossus sword, not ethereal death cleaver, in which case it does have cb...

as for using it on a merc for a hammerdin, this is one of the rare cases where the main character will not gain killing benefits from their merc
however, act2 mercs attack much much faster than act5 mercs, treachery gives attack speed and fade, and there are cheaper weapons like obedience and hone sundan that provide cb, guillaumes face on top of that and you have more cb than lw and they provide their own might aura
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev14567827Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll