d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1125112521253125412552039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 13 2012 12:13pm
Quote (SlayerSBoxeR @ Jan 13 2012 07:58am)
Im new here :)

I wanna lose only a few weight...like 7-8

What do you recommand me doing/eating?
ps: im not much of a gym guy

Thanks

Please take the time to write out a more complete question next time. This is very broad and doesn't really explain much to me other than you want to lose fat and you don't like the gym.

For general purposes, refer to this guide for basic tips of how to lose fat:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=335587138
Fat loss 15 tips
Gold: 7,229.10
Jan 13 2012 05:16pm
sup mate. I only train 3 times a week. M/W/F. I need a good strenght, hypertrophy, cutting routines to fit in 3 days. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Gold: 0.82
Jan 13 2012 05:42pm
Hey again raynor

Tldr version of this issue. I've had wrist/hand injuries in the past and my left wrist is noticeably weaker. Would you suggest any exercises I could do to get my left wrist back to a healthier strength?
Jan 13 2012 05:59pm
Quote (technique @ Jan 13 2012 07:16pm)
sup mate. I only train 3 times a week. M/W/F. I need a good strenght, hypertrophy, cutting routines to fit in 3 days. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Not a problem.

here are the plans:

3 day POWER training

The 5x5 plan is basically 5 reps for 5 sets of a particular exercise for most days. Other exercises will be 5 sets of 8-12 reps. You will do at LEAST 20 total sets per day. It will be used in the following manner for 5x5:

Set 1 – 5 reps of 60% max weight
Set 2 – 5 reps of 70% max weight
Set 3 – 5 reps of 85% max weight
Set 4 – 5 reps of 85% max weight
Set 5 – 5 reps of 90% max weight

So if you can bench press 225 lbs for 1 rep, your set would look like this –
Set 1 – 135 lbs [135 x 5]
Set 2 – 155 lbs [155 x 5]
Set 3 - 185 lbs [185 x 5]
Set 4 - 185 lbs [185 x 5]
Set 5 – 205 lbs [205 x 5]

Day 1 (Chest/Tris) - Bench Press 5x5, Incline Bench Press 5x5 , Decline Bench Press 5x5, Close-Grip Bench Press 5x5 , Skullcrushers 5x12, Close-Grip Dips 5x12

Day 2 (Back/Bis) - Deadlifts 5x5, Bent Over BB rows or T-Bar Rows 5x5, Weighted Pull-ups or Lat Pulldowns 5x5, Olympic Bar Curls 5x12, E-Z Preacher Curls 5x12, Alternating DB Curls 5x12

Day 3 (Legs/Shoulders) - Squats 5x5, Leg Press 5x5, Calf Raises 5x12, Military Press 5x5, Front Raises 5x12, BB Shrugs 5x12

Granted this is for FUNCTIONALITY, not aesthetics.

I recommend that on all of these sets you perform each rep slowly and with control. Maintain good form, and avoid cheating unless you are trying to build more volume at the end of each set.

You MUST push yourself with these exercises. You are going to be going heavy and really cranking out each rep as if your life depends on it.

Also as far as ABS go, I want you to TRY and do at least 20 sets of abs, 2x per week. You can do whatever exercises interest you (instinct training) but make sure to work hard! I recommend roman chair situps, alternating weighted crunches, hanging leg raises, and weighted decline situps. Try to go for 5 sets of each exercise for around 8-12 VERY HARD reps.

3 day HYPERTROPHY training

Workout plan for hypertrophy:

[Perform all exercises as follows: 1. Warmup set (15ish reps light weight), 2. First set (wait about 30 seconds after warmup, then do 10-12 reps medium weight), 3. Second set (wait about 30-45 seconds after second set then do 8-10 reps medium/heavy weight), 4. Third Set (wait about 1 minute after second set then do 85% of max weight for as many reps as possible until failure, rack the weight, wait 5-10 seconds and get it again for as many reps as possible until failure), 5. Fourth Set ( wait 1 minute after third set then do the Same as third set), 6. Fifth Set (WITHOUT RESTING after the fourth set, cut the weight in half and immediately go until failure again).

The only exception to these exercises are supersets which will be performed with medium/heavy weight and both exercises done until failure, wait 60 seconds, then repeat the process with a MILD weight increase (5-10% max increase). The key with supersets is just to keep going and fight the burn and get as many reps as possible with medium/heavy weight.

Day 1 (chest/bis) - Incline Bench Press, Flat Bench Press, Incline DB Flies SUPERSET with Flat DB Flies, Wide-grip Dips (weighted if possible), lying DB pullovers, Low cable crossovers SUPERSET w/ high cable crossovers. Standing olympic bar curls, seated E-Z Bar preacher curls, Standing DB curls SUPERSET w/ seated DB hammer curls, Concentration DB curls, High cable curls (looks like a standing double-bicep pose) SUPERSET w/ low cable bicep curls.

Day 2 - OFF

Day 3 (Back/Tris) - Straight-Leg Deadlifts, Seated Cable Rows, Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns, T-Bar Rows, Bent over DB Rows SUPERSET w/ Lawnmower DB Rows, Good Mornings Superset w/ Lower Back Hyperextensions, Bent Over Barbell Rows. Cable Tricep Pulldowns (Rope or V-Bar), One-Arm tricep cable pulldowns SUPERSET w/ One-Arm tricep cable kickbacks, DB Kickbacks, Seated DB Skullcrushers SUPERSET w/ laying EZ-bar skullcrushers, Close-Grip machine dips.

Day 4 - OFF

Day 5 (Legs/Shoulders) - Barbell Squats (ATG), Plate loaded Leg Press, Leg Extension SUPERSET w/ Leg Curls (laying or seated), DB Lunges, Hip Abductor SUPERSET w/ Hip Adductor, Standing Calf Raise Machine, Donkey Calf Raises SUPERSET w/ Seated Calf-Raises. Seated Military Press, DB Shoulder Press, DB Arnold Press SUPERSET w/ DB Front raises, DB Lat raises (normal 2 arm method) SUPERSET w/ one arm slow-decline lat raises, DB Shrugs, Barbell Shrugs.

Day 6 - OFF

Day 7 - OFF

Also as far as ABS go, I want you to TRY and do at least 15 sets of abs, 3x per week. You can do whatever exercises interest you (instinct training) but make sure to work hard! I recommend roman chair situps, alternating weighted crunches, hanging leg raises, and weighted decline situps. Try to go for 5 sets of each exercise for around 8-12 VERY HARD reps.

3 day CUTTING plan

Each exercise will be performed in the way of 5 total sets....1st set being a warmup set, 2nd set jumping to 80% of weight and then failure, drop 20% off of that and go until failure, drop 20% off that and go till failure, and drop a final 20% off and go until failure for a total of 5 sets. Take no more than 12-15 seconds rest between sets....the less rest the better. Do plenty of FORCED REPS...negatives....and breakdowns. You are working until total muscular destruction.

Day 1 - Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Decline Bench, DB Flies, Preacher Curls, Seated Hammer Curls, EZ bar 21's

Day 2 - OFF

Day 3 - wide grip Lat pulldowns, cable rows, bent over BB rows, T-bar rows, skullcrushers, cable tricep pulldowns, and DB kickbacks

Day 4 - OFF

Day 5- Squats, Laying leg curls, DB lunges, Leg Extensions, Standing Calf Raises, DB Front and Lat Raises (3 sets of each), DB shrugs, seated arnold presses, behind-the-head military press.

Day 6 - OFF (40 mins HIIT cardio preferred)

Day 7 - OFF (40 mins HIIT cardio preferred)

At the end of each workout, do 30 mins of HIIT cardio.

that means 2 mins fast walking, 2 mins jogging at a good pace, and 30 seconds of an ALL OUT sprint - repeated over and over until you hit the 30-35 min mark.

Also as far as ABS go, I want you to TRY and do at least 10 sets of abs, 3x per week. You can do whatever exercises interest you (instinct training) but make sure to work hard! I recommend roman chair situps, alternating weighted crunches, hanging leg raises, and weighted decline situps. Try to go for 5 sets of each exercise for around 8-12 VERY HARD reps.

For more ABS information:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jan 13 2012 06:06pm
Jan 13 2012 06:12pm
Quote (SC_Leader @ Jan 13 2012 07:42pm)
Hey again raynor

Tldr version of this issue. I've had wrist/hand injuries in the past and my left wrist is noticeably weaker. Would you suggest any exercises I could do to get my left wrist back to a healthier strength?

Actual wrist strength is hard to achieve on a normal basis. You will have to work hard at it.

I recommend a few things. First of all, try training 2x per week around 20 sets each time (total of 40 sets per week) of forearm exercises. These work the wrists as well, and will help develop the support muscles that prevent wrist injuries.

I recommend:

DB Wrist Curls (to the sides), Reverse EZ Bar Wrist Curls, Front Straight or EZ Bar Wirst Curls, Cable Rope Wrist Curls, and Dumbbell Twists.

Try to go for 5 sets of each exercise with around 8-15 reps each time, making sure to really brutalize the wrists and forearms - make them hurt, burn, and want to explode.

You can also try a dynaflex ball - I've heard mixed reviews on these, so proceed at your own risk.
Gold: 0.82
Jan 13 2012 06:22pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 13 2012 05:12pm)
Actual wrist strength is hard to achieve on a normal basis. You will have to work hard at it.

I recommend a few things. First of all, try training 2x per week around 20 sets each time (total of 40 sets per week) of forearm exercises. These work the wrists as well, and will help develop the support muscles that prevent wrist injuries.

I recommend:

DB Wrist Curls (to the sides), Reverse EZ Bar Wrist Curls, Front Straight or EZ Bar Wirst Curls, Cable Rope Wrist Curls, and Dumbbell Twists.

Try to go for 5 sets of each exercise with around 8-15 reps each time, making sure to really brutalize the wrists and forearms - make them hurt, burn, and want to explode. 

You can also try a dynaflex ball - I've heard mixed reviews on these, so proceed at your own risk.

thanks, yet again sir ^_^
Gold: 2,260.01
Jan 14 2012 01:53am
hey ray,

can you shed some light on alcohol and muscle building?

i know that its accepted that it negatively affects protein synthesis....but i am not sure whether someone who gets drunk once a week (aka me) has to worry about it much?

i know "everything in moderation" but i am not sure where that level of moderation is...because to me drinking once a week is in moderation...but then again idk anything about this sort of stuff

any thoughts would help! thanks
Jan 14 2012 03:21am
Quote (Deathslaya16 @ Jan 14 2012 03:53am)
hey ray,

can you shed some light on alcohol and muscle building?

i know that its accepted that it negatively affects protein synthesis....but i am not sure whether someone who gets drunk once a week (aka me) has to worry about it much?

i know "everything in moderation" but i am not sure where that level of moderation is...because to me drinking once a week is in moderation...but then again idk anything about this sort of stuff

any thoughts would help! thanks

Drinking once per week should not have any ill effects on your muscle gain or fat loss.

Try not to drink into oblivion however, as that can have far reaching effects of the liver.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 14 2012 12:29pm
What are the best macros to cut on, or simply consume?

Heres two diets ive made, the first one is non-work out and macros are roughly 44% prot, 32% carbs, 24% fats :
Meal 1 :
3 nature oatmeal packs
2 eggs

Meal 2 :
1 cup of cottage
2 hardboiled eggs
2 slice of bread
greens

Meal 3 :
2 cans of tuna
greens
15 ml half fat mayo
1 slice of bread

Meal 4 :
2x protein shake
1 slice of bread

Meal 5 :
Casein
30g fat cheese

This adds up to 1950 calories

On work out days :
Meal 1 :
3 packs of oatmeal
2 eggs
1 banana

Meal 2 :
1 Cup of cottage
2 eggs
2 slices of bread
greens

Meal 3 :
2 cans of tuna
Greens
15ml half fat mayo
1 slice of bread

Meal 4 : (post workout)
2x protein shake
2x bananas

Meal 5:
Casein
30g fat cheese

This adds up to 2280 cals, with around 40-40-20 macros

I am 5'11, 190 atm!
Lmk what you think!

Gold: 3,804.50
Jan 14 2012 12:34pm
without sleep aids, i get around 3-4 hours of sleep. i took 1 melatonin and it helped for a little while, but i guess my body got used to it. i'm taking two now. it helps me sleep a bit earlier, but i'm still waking up after 6-7 hours. i'm a bit concerned i'll need to keep on taking more and more melatonin. i used to take nyquil and benadryl because they have a drowsy side effect, but i stopped because i was more productive with an extra 4 hours to do stuff at night. should i go back to them, or do you have another sleep aid recommendation?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1125112521253125412552039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll