d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev14484494504514522039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,556.68
Jul 5 2010 12:33pm
Hmm anabolic would appear to yield the most efficient results so I must say that I should try thaT
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 5 2010 12:34pm
Quote (TheOak @ Jul 5 2010 02:00pm)
Raynor damn i think i might jst have to hire u as personal help :P

but my sister ( the same one ) wants to do another compatition 112 days from now.

i've always wrote out here workout plans and rep ranges and everything. But this time im not quite sure, should she be doing a cut program still ( full muscular failure ) ? or should she be lifting hvy/strength like for a little while?

iso ur opinion
thanks friend.

Hey there.

Well it depends...is the competition she's going into going to be for female bodybuilding, fitness/physique, or something else?

If she is going for fitness/physique, she should stay on the original maintenance plan I gave her (not the pre-contest plan) but the one used to keep a steady fat loss and maintain steady muscular volume/toning. In totally ideal circumstances, precontest begins 8 weeks out (60 days) and consists of 3 phases. Initial cutting phase (4 weeks), Rapid cutting phase (3 weeks), pre-contest water and fat shredding (1 week).

Let me know and I'll get back to you. take care.
Jul 5 2010 12:36pm
Quote (Honestly @ Jul 5 2010 02:33pm)
Hmm anabolic would appear to yield the most efficient results so I must say that I should try thaT

Ok then in that case...provide me your height/weight/bf%, as well as any eating concerns (alergies, likes/dislikes) and I will provide your guide. I already gave you the exercise guide, so please save that and print it.

get back to me and ill have the plan ready.
Gold: 1,310.23
Jul 5 2010 12:43pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 5 2010 01:34pm)
Hey there.

Well it depends...is the competition she's going into going to be for female bodybuilding, fitness/physique, or something else?

If she is going for fitness/physique, she should stay on the original maintenance plan I gave her (not the pre-contest plan) but the one used to keep a steady fat loss and maintain steady muscular volume/toning. In totally ideal circumstances, precontest begins 8 weeks out (60 days) and consists of 3 phases. Initial cutting phase (4 weeks), Rapid cutting phase (3 weeks), pre-contest water and fat shredding (1 week).

Let me know and I'll get back to you. take care.

shes planning on doing the same type of compatition ( teen figure)
but alright i talk to her and c if she has the original workout u wrote out 4 her, she sshould b/c i believe i printed it out or saved somwhere on my computer.

/e

actualy i believe i found it, its the circuit training schedule that has here 4 week plan and 2 60 min cardio days 1 rest day.
thanks again

/e again lol

u king of lost me on the ideal circumstances.

alright so she should do the circuit training untill when?

( circuit training: mon:upper /tue: lower /wed: 60 min cardio /thru: repeat mon /friday: repeat tues /sat: complete rest)

another thing is i kno she rlly wasnt impressed with her shoulders and there definition

This post was edited by TheOak on Jul 5 2010 01:10pm
Jul 5 2010 01:02pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 5 2010 12:36pm)
Ok then in that case...provide me your height/weight/bf%, as well as any eating concerns (alergies, likes/dislikes) and I will provide your guide. I already gave you the exercise guide, so please save that and print it.

get back to me and ill have the plan ready.

5'11
quite a bit of body fat

I love food, no allergies. Would like to stay moderately budgeted on food if I can
Jul 5 2010 11:13pm
Quote (TheOak @ Jul 5 2010 02:43pm)
shes planning on doing the same type of compatition ( teen figure)
but alright i talk to her and c if she has the original workout u wrote out 4 her, she sshould b/c i believe i printed it out or saved somwhere on my computer.

/e

actualy i believe i found it, its the circuit training schedule that has here 4 week plan and 2 60 min cardio days 1 rest day.
thanks again

/e again lol

u king of lost me on the ideal circumstances.

alright so she should do the circuit training untill when?

( circuit training: mon:upper /tue: lower /wed: 60 min cardio /thru: repeat mon /friday: repeat tues /sat: complete rest)

another thing is i kno she rlly wasnt impressed with her shoulders and there definition

she should do the circuit training until 4 weeks out. then for the next 3 weeks she needs to go on a strict cutting routine that I will provide you with when the time comes...then ultimately a 1 week out pre-comp plan.

Lastly, if she feels that her shoulders need work, she needs to train them more. on Upper days, have her do an extra 10 sets of shoulder exercises in the form up 5 sets of additional front or lat DB raises (until failure) and 5 sets of seated arnold presses until failure.
Jul 6 2010 12:00am
Quote (Honestly @ Jul 5 2010 03:02pm)
5'11
quite a bit of body fat

I love food, no allergies. Would like to stay moderately budgeted on food if I can

you need 2,200 cal per day.

1. no more than 25g carbs per day (except carb day and cheat day)
2. A split of approximately 70% calories from fat, 25-30% calories from protein. (only carbs will be from fiberous veggies and nuts)
3. Follow my exercise routine I gave you METICULOUSLY
4. Take fat burners every morning prior to eating with 2 large glasses of water, eat meal 1 approx 15-20 mins later.

Meal Plan:

Meal 1 - 4 whole eggs + 1 oz full fat cheese w/ 1/2 cup green peppers
Meal 2 - 1 zero carb protein shake w/ 3 tbsp heavy cream
Meal 3 - 1 salad with chicken breast and 2 tbsp olive oil + vinegar
Meal 4 - 1 can of tuna + 2 oz full fat cheese + 2-3 tbsp mayo + green veggies (celery, green pepper, etc)
Meal 5 - 6oz ground beef (80/20) with grated romano cheese, 4tbsp tomato sauce, and green veggies
Meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese + either 3tbsp heavy cream or 2tbsp olive oil w/ 8-10 almonds.

You can make substitutions as necessary, but keep calories to 2,200 per day with the proper fat/protein ratio, only carbs from green veggies and a few nuts, and at least 1 gal of water.

Perform this diet for 13 days straight and on the 14th day you are allowed your first CARB DAY:

Carb day is as follows:

2,500-3,000 calories, 85% cals from carbs, 15% cals from protein/fats. (this phase is to replenish muscle glycogen to fuel your next week of lifting)

Meal 1 - 2 large bowls of shredded wheat + FAT FREE milk
Meal 2 - a lot of pasta + tomato sauce and grated cheese
meal 3 - 2 cups brown rice, 1 cup black beans + salsa
Meal 4 - 1 large baked potato, 1 large sweet potato, veggies
meal 5 - 2-3 large bagels with nonfat cream cheese
meal 6 - 2-3 whole grain bran muffins with nonfat milk

Then you are going to go another 6 days with ZERO CARBS as illustrated first...and then on the 7th day you can have a CHEAT DAY...but with restricted calories....

Cheat day restricted calories:

2,000 calories total: cheat sample:

Meal 1 - 2 waffles with syrup + blueberries and strawberries
Meal 2 - 1/4 lb cheeseburger + small fries
Meal 3 - 1 ham and cheese sandwich w/ 1 bag sunchips
Meal 4 - 2 slices of pizza w/ whatever toppings you like
Meal 5 - 10 piece chicken nuggets

Then you are going to go another 13 days with NO CARBS...and then do the carb day again....followed 6 days later by the cheat day.

Keep repeating this process and you will see absolutely incredible fat losses with pretty decent muscle gains.

After 1 month (30 days) of this plan, you should have done:

day 1-13 - no carb keto
day 14 - carb up
day 15-20 - no carb keto
day 21 - cheat day
day 22-35 - no carb keto

Anyway......after doing this plan for 1 month with my exercise plan I gave you...if you start having issues with fat gain or lack of muscle gain, come get me and I will modify things accordingly. However, as of right now, this plan should work perfectly. Keep it up for at least a month before modifying the calories to suit your lower body weight.

Gold: 250.01
Jul 6 2010 12:02am
So I used to just alternate between upper body and lower body workouts, but I realized that the upper body workout takes like 3x longer than my lower body so I decided to split it up like so:

Day 1: Chest/Tris
Day 2: Back/Shoulders/Bis
Day 3: Legs
Day 4: Chest/Tris
Day 5: Back/Shoulders/Bis
Day 6: Legs
Day 7: Rest

Now I know I'm supposed to do something along those lines, but I've also heard that I should try to split it up into chest/tris is the push exercises, while the back/shoulders/bis are the pull exercises. While this makes perfect sense for 90% of exercises, I'm trying to determine where the shoulder push exercises fit. Do I do military press on Day 2 or Day 1? and why? Don't those also work out triceps? Couldn't I be overworking my triceps by doing them on day 2?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up for me.
Jul 6 2010 12:42am
awesome thank you for your time well spent

when do i figure in pre and post workout nutrition?
how should I go about this?

i can put oo/vinegar/salts on all veggies if I keep moderate?

I feel i may have a huge problem with satiety but we will see

What will be the effect of carbs if, after the initial ketosis phase, in the middle of another ketosis phase I eat carbs?

will dietary cholesterol be a problem?
and i forgot, need i include fish oil supplementation into macros?
what kind of zero carb shake do you reccomend?

im reading on various online sources and they say I can have very small amounts of carbs ~ 6-10 gr, suggestedly once a day before 4pm
is that BS?

This post was edited by Honestly on Jul 6 2010 01:00am
Jul 6 2010 11:40am
Quote (Honestly @ Jul 6 2010 02:42am)
awesome thank you for your time well spent

when do i figure in pre and post workout nutrition?
how should I go about this?

i can put oo/vinegar/salts on all veggies if I keep moderate?

I feel i may have a huge problem with satiety but we will see

What will be the effect of carbs if, after the initial ketosis phase, in the middle of another ketosis phase I eat carbs?

will dietary cholesterol be a problem?
and i forgot, need i include fish oil supplementation into macros?
what kind of zero carb shake do you reccomend?

im reading on various online sources and they say I can have very small amounts of carbs ~ 6-10 gr, suggestedly once a day before 4pm
is that BS?

oo/vinegar is fine...but avoid salt...replace with "no salt" or "also salt" which are potassium salts which taste the same but zero sodium and a ton of potassium.

Satiety will be a problem for the first 3-5 days...after that your body will accommodate to the changes.

If you take in carbs in the middle of ketosis in a considerable amount (60g+ for the whole day), then you will probably throw your body out of ketosis, resulting in another 2-3 days of keto diet in order to bring your body back around to fat burning mode.

cholestrol will NOT be a problem. Just make sure to get a 2:1 ratio of Unsat to Sat fat and you will be fine with absolutely no blood cholesterol problems. High cholesterol usually comes from trans fat intake and excessive sat intake (with very little unsat fat to balance it).

if your ratios are a bit over the level of sat fat...then take some omega 3-6-9 from NOW! with the meals that need balancing....or just a tbsp of olive oil will do the trick (approx 12 unsat to 3 sat)

You can indeed have up to 20g of carbs TOTAL per day (not counting fiber)...these carbs usually come from the vegetables you are eating and the peanut butter or nuts...so avoid anything else.

Lastly...for zero carb shakes there are a few...but isopure or now! 100% whey isolate are two of the best...I'd go with the NOW! 100% whey isolate megapack (unflavored) and add your own cocoa powder (no sugar), stevia (enjoy), and maybe a tbsp of peanut butter.

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev14484494504514522039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll