d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev14464474484494502039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 4 2010 03:37pm
Quote (Balla @ Jul 4 2010 01:58pm)
damn that's alot lol
anyways would you say dips are > decline bench though?
also what about the amount of reps per set? the 8-12 range?

I don't like to do dips on PURE chest days...only on split days with chest/tris because of the sheer amount of tris used in dips compared to standard presses.

Also I prefer decline bench for lower chest work vs dips

reps per set aren't that important...the key is to go heavy enough that you are doing proper working sets....that means each rep after the first 5-6 becomes a struggle. the goal is to fail and burn out, then keep going forcing out more reps. So total rep count doesn't really matter...its all about combined destruction of that specific muscle group from constant use and muscular failure
Jul 4 2010 03:39pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Jul 4 2010 03:43pm)
Pullovers and Dips > decline bench, yes.

please do not offer advice in this thread.

I have said this many times in the past. It is both disrespectful and inconsiderate.

No one in here is to answer questions in this thread besides me to avoid all confusion, misrepresented information, and outright wrong answers.

DB pullovers and dips are not better than decline bench for pure lower chest building.

Decline bench is the closest thing to a pure isolation exercises of the lower chest.

DB pullovers have a lot of focus on the front deltoids and triceps, and dips can end up using more tricep than chest in some cases.

I do not recommend people to do dips on a PURE chest day with no tricep split.

edit: another thing to consider is the pure workout plan outlined for the specific person.

Starting with flat bench, then incline bench, then decline bench is used in order to recreate the same motion at different angles with the same bar in order to continue to decimate the muscle fibers in the chest to cause rapid muscle response. This is not a carving exercise used to outline specific areas and work on specific things...but just for PURE VOLUME.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jul 4 2010 03:41pm
Gold: 1,975.00
Jul 4 2010 03:41pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 4 Jul 2010 16:39)
please do not offer advice on this thread.

I have said this many times in the past.

No one in here is to answer questions in this thread besides me to avoid all confusion, misrepresented information, and outright wrong answers.

DB pullovers and dips are not better than decline bench for pure lower chest building.

Decline bench is the closest thing to a pure isolation exercises of the lower chest.

DB pullovers have a lot of focus on the front deltoids and triceps, and dips can end up using more tricep than chest in some cases.

I do not recommend people to do dips on a PURE chest day with no tricep split.

LOL ok yea whatever...

I'm totally wrong and you're totally right about that. I just remembered why people thought you were awkward.
Jul 4 2010 03:43pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Jul 4 2010 05:41pm)
LOL ok yea whatever...

I'm totally wrong and you're totally right about that. I just remembered why people thought you were awkward.

again, lose the disrespect and leave.

I do a tremendous amount for JSP, moreso than you ever will...all while asking for virtually nothing in return except mutual respect and consideration.

Don't be an internet tough-guy and instigator. Just say you're sorry for hijacking the thread and move on.

No need go the way of so many others on here who certainly are not qualified to offer advice and inadvertently steer people wrong because of misinformation they gathered on some oddball website.
Gold: 1,975.00
Jul 4 2010 03:46pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 4 Jul 2010 16:43)
again, lose the disrespect and leave.

I do a tremendous amount for JSP,  moreso than you ever will...all while asking for virtually nothing in return except mutual respect and consideration.

Don't be an internet tough-guy and instigator. Just say you're sorry for hijacking the thread and move on.

No need go the way of so many others on here who certainly are not qualified to offer advice and inadvertently steer people wrong because of misinformation they gathered on some oddball website.

That's the difference between them and me. I'm qualified to tell you there's more to dips than close gripping and concentrating on your triceps, just like I can tell you pullovers done properly put close to no stress on your triceps.

When you realize i'm not "outright wrong" i'll say sorry for helping a guy faster than you could and you'll say sorry for talking back to me. KK lmk.

This post was edited by CMBurns on Jul 4 2010 03:47pm
Gold: 700.00
Jul 4 2010 07:25pm
Would u recommend a supplement i can take during long tennis matchs/tourneys

going to help me keep up energy/not cramp

cause this florida is brutal and drink hydrating/ balance diet isnt doing it so anything to help out
Gold: 10.00
Jul 4 2010 08:55pm
I've read a few meal samples that you put on here and when you say tuna/chicken on salad that's with the dressing?
Gold: 1,310.23
Jul 4 2010 09:27pm
Hey Raynor, i've been lifting for a good 3 years and jst recently picked up some fish oil, multi-v.

it says to take 1 multi a day and 3 fish oils
most ppl on JSP say to double the amount. Is this even necessary if im jst starting out taking these? and maybe later down the road go up on dosage?
Thanks in advanced

This post was edited by TheOak on Jul 4 2010 09:28pm
Gold: 1,556.68
Jul 5 2010 01:12am
hey can you draw me up a 3 days on 3 days off zigzag sample diet? Or should i take different time frames
and a 5-6 day bbing/volume split with cardio worked in (specify when i should do cardio & and in relation to when i lift/ duration/intensity) where i hit each body part something like twice a week?

what reps should I be failing at? 8-12 with 1-3 forced/negs etc?

also are vpx bars worth the cost? or more of convenience thing

Jul 5 2010 01:17am
Quote (baboli @ Jul 4 2010 09:25pm)
Would u recommend a supplement i can take  during long tennis matchs/tourneys

going to help me keep up energy/not cramp

cause this florida  is brutal  and drink hydrating/ balance diet isnt doing it so anything to help out

20g BCAA 30 minutes before
10g Arginine + ornithine 30 minutes before
Vitamin B3/B6/B12 1-2G 15 minutes before

1/2-3/4 lb of bananas w/ 2 large glasses water approx 1 hour before

in addition, you can try drinking gatorade w/ added BCAA's....just grab some optimum bcaa's (unflavored) and mix with your favorite gatorade flavor and enjoy.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev14464474484494502039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll