d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev120352036203720382039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 3 2022 05:03pm
welcome back o_o glad to hear from you! hows the grind to be muscle reconstructive surgeon goin or whatever pivots youve done!? thanks for generously helping us
Gold: 651.00
Feb 7 2022 09:07pm
Hey there.

I think you helped me out several years ago. I followed your 5x5 program and made some nice progress.

Fast forward to now. I haven’t worked out consistently or maintained a proper diet for the last 4 years or so since graduating college and tearing the labrum in my hip.

The hip is fully repaired, I just haven’t had the motivation or time to get back into it so now I’ve lost most of my strength and size and put on some chub.

I’m looking to get back into lifting like I was in college, building up the strength and size I had while staying somewhat lean.

My question here is: would you recommend going back in a 5x5 plan at a slight calorie deficit to build up my strength again and loose the excess fat I’ve put on over the last few years or would you recommend something different?

Here’s my current stats
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 175 lbs
Body Fat: ~20-25%

I’d say at my peak in 2017, I was about 165 lbs - 10% BF with lifts around: 275 bench, 475 squat, 425 deadlift

I’m looking to get back into working out consistently again, rebuilding my strength/size, and bring down my body fat % to around the 12-15% range.

Edit: I’m a software engineer so my day job is pretty sedentary. I have an adjustable standing desk and sit/stand throughout the day.

This post was edited by spt on Feb 7 2022 09:23pm
Feb 11 2022 02:57pm
hey there i got some labs done and it looks like cholesterol and kidney issues:

HDL 59
LDL 105
total 181

BUN 19
creatinine 1.33

i took these labs after i lost 15lbs in a month so maybe thats why these are elevated?

I was told to drink more water, removed carbonated drinks, no GNC products such as creatine/even whey , no dairy, no super stacks of supplements (i been following your NOW stack+animal flex)

I really don't wanna sacrifice the no dairy because the cottage cheese thing at night and i use two shakes of whey isolate to help keep my protein goals in check and dont feel like cooking more to remove those, i'll admit i could drink more water so really thats all i want to follow from his advice, what are your thoughts on his advice and what do you suggest?

i was able to see success in weight loss thanks to ur 6 day full equipment cutting routine
and heres what i ate to get there:

sun-friday

fat burner with water

oatmeal 26g (uncooked volume 1/4 cup)
3 whole eggs either scrambled or over medium
berries (handful frozen)

whey isolate + water + 1 tbsp keto ice cream

6oz salmon or chicken wings (with skin)
broccoli/onions/mushrooms/etc
1/3 cup brown rice
fermented vegge such as sauerkraut or kimchi

pwo shake same as meal 2

4oz lean beef of some type
1/4 medium avocado
broccoli

cottage cheese + cinnamon before bed plus your sleep stack dopa gaba melatonin arg org bcaa glutamine

saturday
literally whatever i want lol ice cream pizza mcds trash upon trash

the thing is my last labs before this was three years ago so idk what my levels were prior to making the shift to the meal plan and work outs so im not sure if it was even higher before or if it was normal before and this stuff caused it to temporarily spike or something 180lbs now, was 200 2 months ago

This post was edited by dl22 on Feb 11 2022 03:15pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 17 2022 05:02pm
Quote (KramerFtw @ Jan 28 2022 06:38pm)
ayy raynor is still here

I was gonna consult about keto again.

I am not currently lifting because ive been sick for the past year and gyms are closed here

but currently thinking about goin on keto again along with IF (that ive been doing for the past 8 months 20/4) for health reasons to see if I feel better.

what kinds of foods should I buy and avoid to stay under 20g of carbs daily?
and how often should you do refeeds?
If I go on reddit, they dont even talk about refeeds.. they seemingly just stay on keto indefinitely. theyre doing it for weightloss and are all fatties so idk. I'm doing it to see if my body can fight off whatever I have easier.
maybe once a week or every 2 weeks, you have 1 or 2 days where you carb up? or what?. Seems unsafe (and boring) to do keto with no refeeds ever.

of course, I feel that eggs, bacon, broccoli, spinach, heavy cream for coffees, stevia , whey, beef, salmon, some kind of cheese that has the lowest carbs, maybe nuts and Idk what else..

Hey there. Unless you are doing keto for it's anti-cancer properties, you should definitely make it cyclical (CKD). Traditional CKD is 6 days keto 1 day carbs and repeat. Advanced versions are 12 days keto and 2 days carbs and repeat. It all depends on what your body needs given the circumstances.

As far as foods go, it's easier to simply tell you what NOT to eat. Anything with carbs, which includes all starches, grains, and sugars such as Potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, cookies, cakes, pastries, bagels, milk*, muffins, chips, tortilla, beans, fruits etc. are strictly prohibited. Most GREEN vegetables are OK with the exception of peas which have too much sugar.

Examples of keto foods:

Meats/Fish/Eggs (ANY)
Cheese (ANY)
Oils/Butters (ANY)
Green veggies (avocado, broccoli, green beans, lettuce, asparagus, green pepper, spinach, escarole, kale, etc.)
Keto motified foods (such as Keto protein bars, keto cereal, keto milk, keto waffles, etc. are all good - they are less than 5g carbs per serving and usually very high fiber. Most grocery stores have a large selection of these).

Research keto recipes for some great stuff like Meatzza, Keto Stuffed Peppers, Keto Meatloaf, Cheese Dogs, etc.

For beverages, just make sure it's completely sugar free. Water is obviously preferred, but black coffee is good as a stimulant and antioxidant, along with any type of unsweetened tea. You can also have sugar free sodas in moderation, but I would try to avoid these whenever possible as sugar alcohols can have some poor side effects on the body.

edit: I would also recommend you take R+ALA and L-Carnitine while on keto to maximize the results.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Feb 17 2022 05:03pm
Feb 17 2022 05:03pm
Quote (dl22 @ Feb 3 2022 06:03pm)
welcome back o_o glad to hear from you! hows the grind to be muscle reconstructive surgeon goin or whatever pivots youve done!? thanks for generously helping us

Hey there. Thank you for the warm welcome. I completed residency a couple years ago. I've since moved on to private practice. I haven't much time to come on here, but I will try to keep up as best as possible.
Feb 17 2022 05:06pm
Quote (spt @ Feb 7 2022 10:07pm)
Hey there.

I think you helped me out several years ago. I followed your 5x5 program and made some nice progress.

Fast forward to now. I haven’t worked out consistently or maintained a proper diet for the last 4 years or so since graduating college and tearing the labrum in my hip.

The hip is fully repaired, I just haven’t had the motivation or time to get back into it so now I’ve lost most of my strength and size and put on some chub.

I’m looking to get back into lifting like I was in college, building up the strength and size I had while staying somewhat lean.

My question here is: would you recommend going back in a 5x5 plan at a slight calorie deficit to build up my strength again and loose the excess fat I’ve put on over the last few years or would you recommend something different?

Here’s my current stats
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 175 lbs
Body Fat: ~20-25%

I’d say at my peak in 2017, I was about 165 lbs - 10% BF with lifts around: 275 bench, 475 squat, 425 deadlift

I’m looking to get back into working out consistently again, rebuilding my strength/size, and bring down my body fat % to around the 12-15% range.

Edit: I’m a software engineer so my day job is pretty sedentary. I have an adjustable standing desk and sit/stand throughout the day.

Hey there. The simple addition of the 5x5 plan into your current lifestyle would more than account for a metabolic increase and substantial fat losses. However, if you are planning to increase mass as much as possible, I would run the 5x5 with intermittent fasting, but at the proper level of calories needed for anabolism. The 18 hour fast will provide you with decent fat loss while the 6 hour feed and workout routine should be more than enough for returning to your prior condition. Please ensure to get at least 8 hrs of sleep per night along with this to avoid further damage and maximize your body's recovery.

Obviously check in weekly on the same scale under the same conditions. Check body fat every 4 weeks using calibers or the same impedance device. If you notice not fat losses, you will need to reduce calories or increase cardio.
Feb 17 2022 05:11pm
Quote (dl22 @ Feb 11 2022 03:57pm)
hey there i got some labs done and it looks like cholesterol and kidney issues:

HDL 59 ---slightly low
LDL 105 slightly high
total 181

BUN 19 -- normal
creatinine 1.33 normal high (at the top of where it should be)

i took these labs after i lost 15lbs in a month so maybe thats why these are elevated?

I was told to drink more water, removed carbonated drinks, no GNC products such as creatine/even whey , no dairy, no super stacks of supplements (i been following your NOW stack+animal flex)

I really don't wanna sacrifice the no dairy because the cottage cheese thing at night and i use two shakes of whey isolate to help keep my protein goals in check and dont feel like cooking more to remove those, i'll admit i could drink more water so really thats all i want to follow from his advice, what are your thoughts on his advice and what do you suggest?

i was able to see success in weight loss thanks to ur 6 day full equipment cutting routine
and heres what i ate to get there:

sun-friday

fat burner with water

oatmeal 26g (uncooked volume 1/4 cup)
3 whole eggs either scrambled or over medium
berries (handful frozen)

whey isolate + water + 1 tbsp keto ice cream

6oz salmon or chicken wings (with skin)
broccoli/onions/mushrooms/etc
1/3 cup brown rice
fermented vegge such as sauerkraut or kimchi

pwo shake same as meal 2

4oz lean beef of some type
1/4 medium avocado
broccoli

cottage cheese + cinnamon before bed plus your sleep stack dopa gaba melatonin arg org bcaa glutamine

saturday
literally whatever i want lol ice cream pizza mcds trash upon trash

the thing is my last labs before this was three years ago so idk what my levels were prior to making the shift to the meal plan and work outs so im not sure if it was even higher before or if it was normal before and this stuff caused it to temporarily spike or something 180lbs now, was 200 2 months ago

Hey there,

first of all:

HDL 59 ---slightly low
LDL 105 slightly high
total 181

BUN 19 -- normal

Given these numbers you only need to introduce an increase in HDL fats (ie: Omega 3's), and reduce the saturated fats from your diet. In order to do this, make sure you cook everything in olive oil (low heat) and reduce red meat consumption (replace with chicken/fish). Also reduce consumption of fried foods (or fry them in an air fryer instead).

Take 2x NOW! ultra omega 3 with EVERY meal, every day. Also add Red Yeast Rice and Plant Sterols to your list of supplements. Increasing your cardio would also help to some degree (also increasing water intake). There is no need to stop creatine intake (assuming 5g / day of creatine monohydrate). Cottage cheese is fine btw. You can make the minor changes above and will likely see great success on the next blood work.
Gold: 5.00
Feb 18 2022 04:09am
My HDL LDL total was 421 in November.... advice?

Beyond taking Statin, was going to supplement vitamin C, fiber, and keep prioritizing cardio over lifting and muscle growth. Doctor says I have insane numbers though, probably family/genetic. Was 330 when I was 12 for example.

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on Feb 18 2022 04:12am
Feb 18 2022 05:58pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 17 2022 06:11pm)
Hey there,

first of all:

HDL 59 ---slightly low
LDL 105 slightly high
total 181

BUN 19 -- normal

Given these numbers you only need to introduce an increase in HDL fats (ie: Omega 3's), and reduce the saturated fats from your diet. In order to do this, make sure you cook everything in olive oil (low heat) and reduce red meat consumption (replace with chicken/fish). Also reduce consumption of fried foods (or fry them in an air fryer instead).

Take 2x NOW! ultra omega 3 with EVERY meal, every day. Also add Red Yeast Rice and Plant Sterols to your list of supplements. Increasing your cardio would also help to some degree (also increasing water intake). There is no need to stop creatine intake (assuming 5g / day of creatine monohydrate). Cottage cheese is fine btw. You can make the minor changes above and will likely see great success on the next blood work.

THANK YOU!! just to confirm can I keep my saturday cheat days (tho i'll probably not do fried foods) or do you think I need to make them less frequent like biweekly or monthly or something. id like to keep these as its the only motivation i have to keep going with the progress but regardless if it should be eliminated i'll consider doing so

This post was edited by dl22 on Feb 18 2022 06:02pm
Gold: 4,435.00
Feb 19 2022 01:38am
HCG monotherapy
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev120352036203720382039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll