d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1203420352036203720382039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 359.69
Jan 13 2022 05:12pm
Hey there, I'm trying to get my ass back in shape and have read and heard different things from people. None from an actually professional.
I'm 31, 340 lbs 6'3. I've started going back to gym and doing various exercises but, always feel like I have no clue what I am doing.
I've cut almost all forms of processed sugars from my diets. Completely cut soda/candy/random junk food out of my diet. The worst thing I drink once or twice a week is my C4 energy drink or maybe a coffee with creamer.
So far I'm putting in 80 mins a day at the gym. Doing bout 45-50 mins on weights first then put in 30 mins on treadmill.
Now my questions are what kind of regiment is best to pack on some muscle mass and cut fat? and is going to the gym everyday bad for ones body?

Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 18 2022 06:59pm
Quote (Loochi @ Jan 12 2022 01:07am)
4 to 5 hour strongman training daily ?

I think not... Unless you are world's strongest man competitor ??? Lol..

Correct. If you are training for a strongman competition you should not be going in half way. Anything you do should be to you the maximum of your ability. If you want to strive for mediocrity, so be it. However, he wanted information on getting ready for a strongman competition in a relatively short amount of time. I would never suggest doing the minimum, but rather the absolute maximum. If one falls short of that, they are still in good shape. If you strive for the minimum and fall short, you have basically achieved nothing at all.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 18 2022 07:07pm
Quote (Plainomike @ Jan 13 2022 06:12pm)
Hey there, I'm trying to get my ass back in shape and have read and heard different things from people. None from an actually professional.
I'm 31, 340 lbs 6'3. I've started going back to gym and doing various exercises but, always feel like I have no clue what I am doing.
I've cut almost all forms of processed sugars from my diets. Completely cut soda/candy/random junk food out of my diet. The worst thing I drink once or twice a week is my C4 energy drink or maybe a coffee with creamer.
So far I'm putting in 80 mins a day at the gym. Doing bout 45-50 mins on weights first then put in 30 mins on treadmill.
Now my questions are what kind of regiment is best to pack on some muscle mass and cut fat? and is going to the gym everyday bad for ones body?

Hey there.

The best overall idea is to start with a foundation routine. This will get you where you need to be in terms of learning the proper form and technique of each exercise along with improving your endurance for such. Additionally, any activity (especially strength training and cardio) will burn calories and assist with fat loss.

It would be preferred for you to do a traditional 5 day split such as:

Hamstrings/Quads/Calves
Chest/Biceps/Abs
Back/Lats/Triceps
Shoulders/Traps/Abs
Hamstrings/Quads/Calves
OFF
OFF
Repeat

Yes, legs twice a week is superior for building the foundation. Additionally, if you add in 30 minutes of cardio at the end of the workout or first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (preferably HIIT) you will greatly maximize fat loss.

The type of workout will be a standard pyramid, 5 sets ascending in weight and descending in reps (IE: 135 bench 20 reps, 185 bench 15 reps, 225 bench 10 reps, 255 bench 5 reps, 275 bench 3 reps). Obviously, the ending reps will be lower for complex exercises like bench press, deadlift, squat, etc. and higher for supporting exercises like bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, etc.

Diet needs to be consistent with roughly 2,800 calories on non-workout days, and 3,300 calories on workout days. Look towards having around 300g protein daily and the rest split between complex carbs and good fats. If you desire a meal plan, let me know.

Gold: 49.56
Jan 18 2022 07:20pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 19 2022 01:59pm)
Correct. If you are training for a strongman competition you should not be going in half way. Anything you do should be to you the maximum of your ability. If you want to strive for mediocrity, so be it. However, he wanted information on getting ready for a strongman competition in a relatively short amount of time. I would never suggest doing the minimum, but rather the absolute maximum. If one falls short of that, they are still in good shape. If you strive for the minimum and fall short, you have basically achieved nothing at all.

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about lol.

Mediocrity ? MAYBE if he was enhanced and even still, way too much time spent.

More doesn't mean any better.

How about

"That's not enough time. Aim for another competition to give yourself time to prepare and minimise risk of injury"

No amount of rest / calories can compensate for the recovery of what you suggest lol

This post was edited by Loochi on Jan 18 2022 07:22pm
Gold: 49.56
Jan 18 2022 07:23pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 19 2022 02:07pm)
Hey there.

The best overall idea is to start with a foundation routine. This will get you where you need to be in terms of learning the proper form and technique of each exercise along with improving your endurance for such. Additionally, any activity (especially strength training and cardio) will burn calories and assist with fat loss.

Hamstrings/Quads/Calves
Chest/Biceps/Abs
Back/Lats/Triceps
Shoulders/Traps/Abs
Hamstrings/Quads/Calves
OFF
OFF
Repeat

Yes, legs twice a week is superior for building the foundation. Additionally, if you add in 30 minutes of cardio at the end of the workout or first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (preferably HIIT) you will greatly maximize fat loss.

The type of workout will be a standard pyramid, 5 sets ascending in weight and descending in reps (IE: 135 bench 20 reps, 185 bench 15 reps, 225 bench 10 reps, 255 bench 5 reps, 275 bench 3 reps). Obviously, the ending reps will be lower for complex exercises like bench press, deadlift, squat, etc. and higher for supporting exercises like bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, etc.

Diet needs to be consistent with roughly 2,800 calories on non-workout days, and 3,300 calories on workout days. Look towards having around 300g protein daily and the rest split between complex carbs and good fats. If you desire a meal plan, let me know.

HIIT first thing in the morning empty stomach ??
300g protein ??

Christ mate. The broscience is strong in this one..
Gold: 2,170.00
Jan 19 2022 04:05am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 19 2022 01:07am)
Hey there.

Hamstrings/Quads/Calves
Chest/Biceps/Abs
Back/Lats/Triceps
Shoulders/Traps/Abs
Hamstrings/Quads/Calves
OFF
OFF
Repeat

horrible 5 days split.
Gold: 4,250.69
Jan 24 2022 12:10am
Quote (Loochi @ Jan 18 2022 07:23pm)
HIIT first thing in the morning empty stomach ??
300g protein ??

Christ mate. The broscience is strong in this one..

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=23125758
Gold: 6,001.00
Jan 25 2022 02:52am
Loochi and skcraynor posting again? Wtf, is sorc101 about to come back next? Lmao

Sorry for spam, cool to see you posting. You helped me out like 9 years ago or so.
Gold: 97.66
Jan 28 2022 05:38pm
ayy raynor is still here

I was gonna consult about keto again.

I am not currently lifting because ive been sick for the past year and gyms are closed here

but currently thinking about goin on keto again along with IF (that ive been doing for the past 8 months 20/4) for health reasons to see if I feel better.

what kinds of foods should I buy and avoid to stay under 20g of carbs daily?
and how often should you do refeeds?
If I go on reddit, they dont even talk about refeeds.. they seemingly just stay on keto indefinitely. theyre doing it for weightloss and are all fatties so idk. I'm doing it to see if my body can fight off whatever I have easier.
maybe once a week or every 2 weeks, you have 1 or 2 days where you carb up? or what?. Seems unsafe (and boring) to do keto with no refeeds ever.

of course, I feel that eggs, bacon, broccoli, spinach, heavy cream for coffees, stevia , whey, beef, salmon, some kind of cheese that has the lowest carbs, maybe nuts and Idk what else..
Gold: 2,170.00
Jan 30 2022 08:12pm
avocado is great for keto, has only 2 grams of carbs per 100g. and has 5g of fiber.

cheddar should have zero carbs (since you mentioned cheese).

olives are also great, zero carbs and have 2-3 grams of fiber as well.

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1203420352036203720382039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll