d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1200920102011201220132039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jun 23 2017 07:42am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jun 20 2017 07:27am)
Well, I'm hoping with zig zagging my diet and conditioning "sprints, HIIT, burpees, sled pulls" I'll still be losing some fat, just not 2 lbs a week. I'm also not going for asthetics, at least as of right now. My end goal is to be able to be considered elite at a USAPL meet.

I know it sounds like I'm trying to justify what I'm doing "and I am", but it's more like I'd love to know if you think this'll work the way I think it will?

E: I also took my measurements and recorded my weight. I plan to continue/end my diet depending on my measurements and weight.

If you don't care about aesthetics and want a powerlifiting build, you won't have any issue with the existing diet. However, I highly doubt you're going to see any fat losses, but instead mostly muscular gains.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jun 23 2017 07:45am
Quote (Greet @ Jun 21 2017 12:19am)
Ray,

Is mixing IF and Keto okay?

Quote (Greet @ Jun 22 2017 02:42pm)
Also if yes, when doing IF and Keto, is aspartme free soda (like diet pepsi) okay? I read some posts in the past about how it can knock you out of keto and ruin your fast, but if it doesn't have aspartme does that change anything?

100% absolutely. In some cases, it leads to absurdly rapid fat losses. HOWEVER, you have to be meticulous with the diet to ensure you aren't cannibalizing muscle. BCAA's before exercise/activity is a MUST.

Diet sodas CAN throw you out of a "fast" by causing the body to release insulin. Diet sodas simply have no calories, but some people (keyword: some) see insulin spikes after consumption. I would limit the diet soda to a time when insulin is critical, ie: post-workout.
Gold: 1,120.01
Jun 23 2017 09:28am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jun 23 2017 09:45am)
100% absolutely. In some cases, it leads to absurdly rapid fat losses. HOWEVER, you have to be meticulous with the diet to ensure you aren't cannibalizing muscle. BCAA's before exercise/activity is a MUST.

Diet sodas CAN throw you out of a "fast" by causing the body to release insulin. Diet sodas simply have no calories, but some people (keyword: some) see insulin spikes after consumption. I would limit the diet soda to a time when insulin is critical, ie: post-workout.

Since I eat my first meal before I exercise, should I still take BCAAs? I usually do this: eat breakfast, go shoot the basketball around for 30min-1hr, then lift for 1-1:30hr. Should I take BCAA's prior to basketball, or after basketball before/during my workout?
Gold: 570.00
Jun 23 2017 03:23pm
Quote (Bourse @ May 30 2017 01:35pm)
Hello Mr. Raynor, hope you're having a great day.

I got a tendinitis in the right knee that really started to appear progressively and slowly. I worked out because at this particular moment it was not to a point where it hurt much. When I arrived home and my body temperature cooled down and everything, it really started to hurt, and the next day I was not able to walk. It healed very fast tho, two days later there was only little residual pain left. Been more than a week now, and the residual pain is still there.

I've made research and apparently it could all be linked to my glutes not being solicited enough and them being weak, along with weak hamstrings and poor hip mobility, which then affected the knee. My QL is also very tight and sore and has been for months and months now. I've been working on strengthening glutes/hamstrings in isolation with a few exercises I found on Youtube for this particular matter, along with foam rolling the quads and calves.

So my question is, should I also foam roll my ass and hamstrings, or just keep strengthening them and stretch/foam roll the rest? Am I even doing things right? My goal is to fix QL being super sore/tight all the time, and getting my knee healthy again

Somehow I feel like when I foam/stretch my ass, my QL starts to feel a little more sore immediately.

Any help is appreciated, thanks :) :D :P

EDIT:

Of course I know RICE will help with the knee, but I'm looking at the long term solution here. I worked out like an idiot for several years and have created many imbalances in my body, trying to reverse all that. To help clear things up, summary of what I feel in mah body:
-Tight hips
-Tight quads/calves
-Tight/sore QL (even when resting, it keeps cracking too)
-Weak glutes/hamstrings

What I been doing:
-Foam rolling quads & exterior of hips, along with calves
-Foam rolling QL (with a tennis ball)
-Stretching quads/QL/obliques/lats (I feel like my QL being tight affects all the way up to my lats, they're tight most of the time too)
-Massaging knee

EDIT 2
pls help ill find fg somehow and dn8
xoxoxoxo

related to this, I still can't squat with weight, knee hurts too bad

what exercises can I do to work my legs that wouldn't hurt the knee? I tried lunges, leg press, both hurt :(( Deadlifts feel fine, so I'm doing a decent volume of it, works my posterior chain just fine, but I have no "pressing" movement of the legs of any sort right now in my training

also, do you have any exercise recommendation to strengthen those bitch knees of mine pls? Thank you very much sir, you are the best
Gold: 0.00
Jun 23 2017 04:24pm
Hi! I am new in this section so.

5F8 155 LBS. I'm trying to bulk to 160 and maintain it also building more muscles than fat.
I do bodyweight training at home so I am maybe a little bit limited for building size.
What I eat during the day:
Breakfast: Chicken (breast or in canned) or turkey + 1 egg+ vegetables.
Snack: Protein shake
Second Meal: Tuna with 2 breads and some brocolis on the sides
Third Meal: Chicken/rice/beef/vegetables/macaroni

So after my third meal should I take something else too? Remember I want to be really lean but maintain at least 160. I feel if I go more than 160 I will be too big for my size.

Thank you!

EDIT: sometimes I go out with friends.. and I don't want to eat junk foods. What could I buy or eat? I don't mind going to a supermarket or whatever.

This post was edited by Gjeely on Jun 23 2017 04:26pm
Gold: 0.00
Jun 26 2017 10:55am
Hey ray was hoping for some insight here- everyday after lunch at work regardless of what I eat (salad, pasta, wrap) I have to take poop like immediately after. Doesn't happen on the weekends or anything only during the week and it's everyday. Mom-Friday. What's causing this? I eat breakfast at around 630 am and lunch around 12-1. Is there any way to stop?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Jun 28 2017 08:05pm
I did 80 diamond push ups in set of 20's about 4 days ago
Diamond push ups I do them once in a while but tbh pretty hard to keep a good form doing them, I have a hard time keeping my elbows tucked near my chest and I heard you can also damage your elbows too if you keep the diamond too close like I did
Anyway, my front shoulder kinda hurt a little if I move it in a certain way now (Only my right side front shoulder)

I can move my whole arm no problem feel nothing, but if I flex my shoulder forward a bit while I move my right elbow up to the side I get some disconfort in the shoulder
Nothing crazy, nothing painful at all just disconfort a bit with little pain if I only move my shoulder a certain way

Anyway, sucks because I am moving a new place this weekend and starting tomorrow I have to move heavy fournitures...hopefully It dont get worse
I've massaged some ice pain reliever blue thingy liquid on my shoulder last night but it did nothing

If u got any tips let me know

This post was edited by Nevada on Jun 28 2017 08:10pm
Jun 29 2017 03:19am
Quote (Nevada @ Jun 28 2017 10:05pm)
I did 80 diamond push ups in set of 20's about 4 days ago
Diamond push ups I do them once in a while but tbh pretty hard to keep a good form doing them, I have a hard time keeping my elbows tucked near my chest and I heard you can also damage your elbows too if you keep the diamond too close like I did
Anyway, my front shoulder kinda hurt a little if I move it in a certain way now (Only my right side front shoulder)

I can move my whole arm no problem feel nothing, but if I flex my shoulder forward a bit while I move my right elbow up to the side I get some disconfort in the shoulder
Nothing crazy, nothing painful at all just disconfort a bit with little pain if I only move my shoulder a certain way

Anyway, sucks because I am moving a new place this weekend and starting tomorrow I have to move heavy fournitures...hopefully It dont get worse
I've massaged some ice pain reliever blue thingy liquid on my shoulder last night but it did nothing

If u got any tips let me know

Nevermind, the pain is in this area (paint'd to show)

The pain wasn't strong enough earlier to locate the actual place where it hurt until I massaged again now and pressed on this part, I actually felt pain

I can move my arm and all etc just fine, just worried I make this "injury" worse transportting alot of heavy shit today and tomorrow
Gold: 2.60
Jul 4 2017 01:29pm
Quote (Nevada @ Jun 29 2017 04:19am)
Nevermind, the pain is in this area (paint'd to show)

The pain wasn't strong enough earlier to locate the actual place where it hurt until I massaged again now and pressed on this part, I actually felt pain
http://i.imgur.com/yALOMSw.jpg

I can move my arm and all etc just fine, just worried I make this "injury" worse transporting a lot of heavy shit today and tomorrow

Diamond push ups can cause severe harm to your wrists and elbows because they are not in a natural position. Most likely you tried to revert some of the pressure off of your wrists by tightening the muscles in your back thus putting too much strain on it.
Jul 4 2017 01:32pm
Quote (Fioravanti @ Jul 4 2017 03:29pm)
Diamond push ups can cause severe harm to your wrists and elbows because they are not in a natural position. Most likely you tried to revert some of the pressure off of your wrists by tightening the muscles in your back thus putting too much strain on it.

Heh, anyway its been like 5 days now, pain in back and everywhere is gone but I have still pain in my front shoulder joint

It never hurt or feel nothing if I dont flex anything but if I tighten my arm and squeeze my elbow back and lift it to the side, I get rly bad pain and blockage in the front shoulder

Idk, doesnt bother me at all, just if I squeeze the arm bad

Ill wait a week

This post was edited by Nevada on Jul 4 2017 01:32pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1200920102011201220132039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll