d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1201120122013201420152039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 11 2017 06:55pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 11 2017 03:22pm)
Fairly normal issue caused by gastrocolic reflex which causes peristaltic waves and GI constriction. Basically, your body is signaling to evacuate based on a lack of room for additional food (or so it perceives). This is a commonplace of people with fast metabolisms or minor GI issues. The solution would be to eat foods with very low fiber and avoid drinks like coffee/tea. Eventually it will retrain your GI system.

Thanks for this, I'm not sure which it would be as I don't drink coffee or tea but I do eat high fibre because I'm cutting. I'll see what I. An do, cheers
Gold: Locked
Jul 12 2017 07:55am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 11 2017 03:28pm)
It depends on the bar. I advocate sticking to bars that are free of artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors, etc. I also recommend sticking to whey protein, egg protein, and beef protein - opposed to vegetable or soy protein. That being said, Quest Bars (the natural ones) are the best overall on the market right now. High fiber, 20g protein, no artificial additives, filling, and taste good.

You can eat protein bars whenever, just make sure they fit into your normal diet routine (macro wise). Post workout, a whey protein isolate shake is superior.

I use a plant/vegetable protein shake, only because whey is just too heavy for me.
What do you mean by macro wise?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 16 2017 08:49pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Jul 12 2017 09:55am)
I use a plant/vegetable protein shake, only because whey is just too heavy for me.
What do you mean by macro wise?

Regarding fat/protein/carbs (macronutrients)
Gold: 4.75
Jul 30 2017 07:00pm
Is BCAA really necessary? Assuming you eat more than enough protein.

Im getting close to 200g, i'm about 180ish.

My workouts, cardio included range form about 2-3 hrs. I ( sadly ) still have decent amount of fat to lose, so with proper protein, what would BCAA even do? Im getting bigger, stronger, etc.. so i assume my worksouts aren't really hindering muscle process... and im ( slowly ) losing fat.. im not too strict with diet, but I am over the course of week in a deficit. ( I assume since im not getting fatter, but slowly becoming leaner ) Its a slower process because i love to eat.

So the fact that I have decent fat to lose, would i still need BCAA with my huge protein intake already?

I mean if i was 10% bodyfat, maybe I would see a purpose, but if i still have fat too lose, muscle loss should be small compared to my fat loss right?
Aug 1 2017 04:13pm
Quote (ForbiddenOath606 @ Jul 30 2017 09:00pm)
Is BCAA really necessary? Assuming you eat more than enough protein.

Im getting close to 200g, i'm about 180ish.

My workouts, cardio included range form about 2-3 hrs. I ( sadly ) still have decent amount of fat to lose, so with proper protein, what would BCAA even do? Im getting bigger, stronger, etc.. so i assume my worksouts aren't really hindering muscle process... and im ( slowly ) losing fat.. im not too strict with diet, but I am over the course of week in a deficit. ( I assume since im not getting fatter, but slowly becoming leaner ) Its a slower process because i love to eat.

So the fact that I have decent fat to lose, would i still need BCAA with my huge protein intake already?

I mean if i was 10% bodyfat, maybe I would see a purpose, but if i still have fat too lose, muscle loss should be small compared to my fat loss right?

BCAA's are absolutely necessary, but supplemental BCAAs are not, assuming you are getting sufficient protein and not using IF or KETO.
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Aug 4 2017 03:31pm
I got some new dumbbells and one of the dumbbells is a bit loose on one side if I press on the head, doesnt really move..it just feels dislocated with hand pressure or w-e u call it.

Is it dangerous or I can still use them safely? it dont affect anything while using them

Solid HEX dumbbells

I could return but I honestly dont wanna go through all the process of returning lol, seems like everything I order has a damn problem 24-7 and im sick of returning if I can still use it safely
It may sound worse than it is as im saying it but yeah, just scared of I move the dumbbells over my head it drop on my face someday

This post was edited by Nevada on Aug 4 2017 03:33pm
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Aug 5 2017 07:42pm
Well nevermind, I just talked to an amazon worker and they refunded me the money for the price of one and told me to keep this one as a gift and to either keep, use or donate or throw it away.
So I can keep for now or buy another one.

But let me know your thoughts anyway if you think I can use this safely anyway without it dropping on my head eventually if it doesnt get worse when doing moves that require to go over my head.
The head of the dumbbell where the middle bar touches the head there are empty little holes where its missing some grey thing (idk how its called..) which is why its a bit loose when you press on it, it moves a little.

Fk my english sucks when it comes down to explaining things xDDDDD

Lmk raynor, thanks!! :hug:
Gold: 2,065.70
Aug 8 2017 04:30pm
Hey Raynor,

Any other types of protein powder (non-whey) with similar effects of Whey? I'm trying to cut Whey out of my diet to see if it improves my skin, but would prefer to still supplement some type of protein in my diet.

Thanks!
Gold: 68.00
Aug 9 2017 11:58am
@raynor: what's your opinion on doing row machine vs running for cardio? I'm going for muscle gain while also trying to trim down a little more. I'm sure I can burn more calories by running but I think I'd get a better workout doing rows for the muscle utilization.

thoughts?
Aug 9 2017 10:03pm
Quote (Nevada @ Aug 4 2017 05:31pm)
I got some new dumbbells and one of the dumbbells is a bit loose on one side if I press on the head, doesnt really move..it just feels dislocated with hand pressure or w-e u call it.

Is it dangerous or I can still use them safely? it dont affect anything while using them

Solid HEX dumbbells

I could return but I honestly dont wanna go through all the process of returning lol, seems like everything I order has a damn problem 24-7 and im sick of returning if I can still use it safely
It may sound worse than it is as im saying it but yeah, just scared of I move the dumbbells over my head it drop on my face someday

Definitely return the item. It is NOT safe to use.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1201120122013201420152039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll