d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1177317741775177617772039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 4.79
Trader: Trusted
Apr 14 2014 04:41pm
:thumbsup: Helps a ton!
Gold: 0.25
Apr 14 2014 04:50pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 14 2014 06:23am)
NO problem.

Try these workout plans:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345300636

5x5 plan (strength and size) (Run this for approximately 8-12 months, then move on to hypertrophy for the next 4-6 months)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=327158583

Hypertrophy Plan

and also use this for abs:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine

As for diet - you will need a solid bulking diet with proper supplementation to accomplish this.

You will want to take in approximately 20x your bodyweight in calories. So if you weighed 150 lbs, you would want to take in approx 3,000 calories.

You will want approximately 40/40/20 as far as caloric breakdown (40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fats). Each gram of protein or carbs has 4 calories whereas each gram of fats has 9 calories. So out of 3,000 calories - 600 calories (20%) will be from fat, or approximately 66g (round it up to 70 for our purposes). Carbs and protein will be 1,200 calories each for a total of 300g each.

So a 3,000 cal diet lean bulking diet would be 300g carbs, 300g protein, and 70g fat.

A sample meal plan for you would be:

Meal 1 - 3 whole eggs + 1 cup oatmeal + 1 large serving of fruit (any type)
Meal 2 - 2 slices whole grain bread w/ 4-6 oz sliced low-sodium meat (turkey/chicken/ham) and cheese (2% reduced fat and low sodium) w/ veggies made into a sandwich
Meal 3 - Protein Shake (any brand, make sure to get approx 40g protein) + 1 large serving of fruit + handful of nuts (any)
Meal 4 - 1 large chicken breast or lean steak (approx 8 oz) + 1 cup brown rice + 1/2 cup black beans + large serving of veggies + tbsp olive oil
Meal 5 - 1 can of tuna (or 4 oz chicken) + whole grain crackers (or whole grain pasta) + veggies (broccoli/green beans, etc) or salad
Meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese + cinnamon (optional) + mixed nuts + berries

You can change this meal plan up as much as you like as long as you preserve the macros needed above and eat every 2-3 hours. Don't forget to drink at least 1 gal of water per day as well!

Ok now the supplements:

First of all, creatine is a MUST.

I'd recommend Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate. Follow the dosing directions here:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=332710367
Creatine Dosing

next, the other supplements:

1. Multivitamin (NOW! ADAM) - Take 2x per day
2. NOW! Super Omega 3 - take 2x with every other meal (so basically 3x per day with meals)
3. Vitamin D (NOW! D 5000 iu) - take one 5,000mg capsule per day with breakfast
4. Twinlab Stress B - take 2 capsules per day
5. Arginine + Ornithine (NOW! Arginine + Ornithine) - take 4 capsules pre-workout, post-workout, and pre-bedtime
6. BCAA (Optimum Nutrition BCAA caps) - take 4 capsules pre-workout, 2 during workout, 4 post-workout, and 2 pre-bedtime
7. NOW! C-1000 caps - take 2x per day (1 AM and 1 PM)

These supplements are optional, but listed in order of importance.

what would change in this with 5'10" height
195 pounds 20-22% body fat
full gym access
no medical issues
thanks in advance :)

Gold: 400.00
Apr 15 2014 06:17am
Hi Raynor,

Well here goes, I'm 115kg (250lb) and 6'2 not sure on BF% just know its ALOT :( which is really getting me down now and I've decided to get my ass into gear went the gym yesterday for the first time in 18 months with a guy from work who works the same shift pattern as me so hopefully will have a regular partner to keep me motivated and spot, I stopped last time due to injury and got depressed and probably in denial about the weight I was putting back on until bam 250lb... Now I'm thinking of starting on the 5x5 rather to build up muscle and strength and sort my diet out which is coming on ok.

Main goal is to build muscle so I don't look super skinny or sick when I loose my weight and this is hopefully a LONG term plan don't want to waste time dreaming of a quick fix... Going the gym would not be a set times due to working 13 hour shifts so could be in the Afternoon before I go in on Nights or During the Evening after working Days I only work 2 days/2 nights then have 4 days off so would probably use my days off to go the gym and one of my working days so I'm not rushed my work is pretty sedentary but I do get up and TRY to keep a little active.

I've gone from

Meal 1 - Nothing
Meal 2 - Bacon/Sausage on Thick white bread
Meal 3 - Nothing or some Crisp or some junk
Meal 4 - Nothing
Meal 5 - Pizza, Pasta, Burgers, Chicken, Fast Food.. Pretty much anything I wanted with no thought to calories/nutrition.

Not much fluids although I'm not a big fan of fizzy drinks so this was 95% Water (and some fruit juice to mix with the water) and very few vegetables or fruit

Currently ( A rough guide as I'm only a week into it the diet at the minute)

Meal 1 - 2-3 Eggs on Low GI/Wholemeal Bread (Scrambled/Poached or Boiled)
Meal 2 - Fruit and a small piece of cheese
Meal 3 - Chicken/Turkey Breast with Wholegrain Rice/Pasta/Veg or Salad OR a Chicken/Turkey/Beef Wrap with salad (trying to stay away from Mayo or the Low Fat mayo at the min)
Meal 4 - Yogurt/Fruit/Nuts or might buy some Protein Shake Mix ( I used to buy Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard as it was low in carbs but not sure if this is the best option on the 5x5)
Meal 5 - Chicken/Steak/Turkey/Salmon with Veg and either Sweet Potato/Rice/Pasta depending on what I've had through the day or just extra Veg

Only Supplements I have at the minute is Fish oil 1200mg Omega 3 (2 with each main meal) and maybe 2-3 litres of water

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Stu

Gold: 8,422.77
Apr 15 2014 07:01am
Quote (Starcrater @ Apr 14 2014 06:50pm)
what would change in this with 5'10" height
195 pounds 20-22% body fat
full gym access
no medical issues
thanks in advance :)

I'd switch to a cutting diet and workout routine, because 20-22% BF is a bit high.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247
Cutting Workout Routine (6 day all equipment)

and

Workout Days:

2,500 cals (approx)

Meal 1 - 3 whole eggs + 5 egg whites + green peppers and onions + 3/4 cup oatmeal (uncooked volume) + handful of mixed berries (any)
Meal 2 - 6 oz grilled chicken + 1 cup cooked brown rice + 1 large salad + 1 tbsp olive oil + vinegar
Meal 3 - 2 slices whole grain bread + 1 can of tuna + 1 oz of 2% cheese + 1tbsp mayo + veggies (tuna sandwich) =
Meal 4 - 6 oz grilled sirloin steak 90/10 or leaner (trim off the fat) + 1/2 cup black beans + 1/2 cup brown rice + veggies + 1 tbsp olive oil
Meal 5 - 40g protein shake + handful mixed berries + 1 slice whole grain bread w/ 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1 tsp jelly =
Meal 6 - 3/4 cup of 2% cottage cheese + 1tsp heavy cream + handful mixed berries + 10 almonds + cinnamon to taste =

Non-Workout Days:

2,000 cals (approx)

Meal 1 - 2 slices whole grain toast + 2 tbsp peanut butter + 1 tsp jelly + 20g protein shake (half a shake basically)
Meal 2 - 4 oz LEAN ground beef or steak + 1 cup broccoli + 1 cup black beans
Meal 3 - 1 large apple, 1 large banana, 20g protein shake
Meal 4 - 6 oz chicken breast + large green salad + olive oil and vinegar
Meal 5 - 6 oz salmon or other fish + green beans + carrots
Meal 6 - 1/2 cup greek yogurt + handful of mixed nuts

Gold: 10,445.00
Apr 15 2014 07:03am
How should I drink my coffee? Can I put cream and sugar or does it gotta be black?
Also green tea, I hear honey, I thought u add sugar or plain?

That's it for now.
Apr 15 2014 07:04am
Quote (StuOwen86 @ Apr 15 2014 08:17am)
Hi Raynor,

Well here goes, I'm 115kg (250lb) and 6'2 not sure on BF% just know its ALOT :( which is really getting me down now and I've decided to get my ass into gear went the gym yesterday for the first time in 18 months with a guy from work who works the same shift pattern as me so hopefully will have a regular partner to keep me motivated and spot, I stopped last time due to injury and got depressed and probably in denial about the weight I was putting back on until bam 250lb... Now I'm thinking of starting on the 5x5 rather to build up muscle and strength and sort my diet out which is coming on ok.

Main goal is to build muscle so I don't look super skinny or sick when I loose my weight and this is hopefully a LONG term plan don't want to waste time dreaming of a quick fix... Going the gym would not be a set times due to working 13 hour shifts so could be in the Afternoon before I go in on Nights or During the Evening after working Days I only work 2 days/2 nights then have 4 days off so would probably use my days off to go the gym and one of my working days so I'm not rushed my work is pretty sedentary but I do get up and TRY to keep a little active. 

I've gone from

Meal 1 - Nothing
Meal 2 - Bacon/Sausage on Thick white bread
Meal 3 - Nothing or some Crisp or some junk
Meal 4 - Nothing
Meal 5 - Pizza, Pasta, Burgers, Chicken, Fast Food.. Pretty much anything I wanted with no thought to calories/nutrition.

Not much fluids although I'm not a big fan of fizzy drinks so this was 95% Water (and some fruit juice to mix with the water) and very few vegetables or fruit

Currently ( A rough guide as I'm only a week into it the diet at the minute)

Meal 1 - 2-3 Eggs on Low GI/Wholemeal Bread (Scrambled/Poached or Boiled)
Meal 2 - Fruit and a small piece of cheese
Meal 3 - Chicken/Turkey Breast with Wholegrain Rice/Pasta/Veg or Salad OR a Chicken/Turkey/Beef Wrap with salad (trying to stay away from Mayo or the Low Fat mayo at the min)
Meal 4 - Yogurt/Fruit/Nuts or might buy some Protein Shake Mix ( I used to buy Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard as it was low in carbs but not sure if this is the best option on the 5x5)
Meal 5 - Chicken/Steak/Turkey/Salmon with Veg and either Sweet Potato/Rice/Pasta depending on what I've had through the day or just extra Veg

Only Supplements I have at the minute is Fish oil 1200mg Omega 3 (2 with each main meal) and maybe 2-3 litres of water

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Stu

Good Morning. I'd be glad to help you.

First of all, the new diet is a HUGE improvement, good job there.

Secondly, with regards to working out, if your main goal is to gain strength and lean mass before cutting, the 5x5 plan is going to be your best option:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345300636
5x5 plan

As far as supplements go, try and get a good multivitamin, such as NOW! Adam, as well as a stimulant such as GAT Jet Fuel.

Other than that, give the new workout routine a try and see how your body responds while on that new diet.

If you need further modification, please let me know.
Gold: 400.00
Apr 15 2014 08:39am
Actually another quick question if you don't mind, could I fit Pork (chops/loin steaks) or Lamb or Duck in anywhere I was thinking the pork may be ok with the fat cut off but as lamb and duck is a fatty meat it would be harder to trim it off. Maybe Lamb and duck could be a treat.

Thanks.

Stu

This post was edited by StuOwen86 on Apr 15 2014 09:06am
Apr 15 2014 03:45pm
Quote (StuOwen86 @ Apr 15 2014 10:39am)
Actually another quick question if you don't mind, could I fit Pork (chops/loin steaks) or Lamb or Duck in anywhere I was thinking the pork may be ok with the fat cut off but as lamb and duck is a fatty meat it would be harder to trim it off. Maybe Lamb and duck could be a treat.

Thanks.

Stu

Any of them would be fine in place of the other meats. Just keep in consideration that you want to keep approximately the same amount.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 16 2014 07:41pm
whats up bro, so i have a question. like.. a year, years and a half maybe i stopped drinking milk. but when i did that i didn't really supplement with another source of calcium or vitamin D. i feel as though my bones are weak because of it. and I'm just worried , how might i get back on track to having health bones / proper calcium magnesium amounts ? i still don't wish to consume milk, yogurt is fine. i plan to juice dark greens to supplement i just never got around to it.
Apr 17 2014 06:28am
Quote (tRen90 @ Apr 16 2014 09:41pm)
whats up bro, so i have a question. like.. a year, years and a half maybe i stopped drinking milk. but when i did that i didn't really supplement with another source of calcium or vitamin D. i feel as though my bones are weak because of it. and I'm just worried , how might i get back on track to having health bones / proper calcium magnesium amounts ? i still don't wish to consume milk, yogurt is fine. i plan to juice dark greens to supplement i just never got around to it.

You should be taking the following:

Multivitamin
D3
Calcium/Magnesium

I would recommend NOW! brand for all of those (ADAM, D3 5000 iu, and Calcium/Magnesium)
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1177317741775177617772039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll