d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The 95es Fire Sorc Guid (full Precast Or Not).
12324Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 27 2008 11:32am
o r c e r e s s

Hello everyone,

I have made this guide because I see every days people asking for an es sorc build, and I can't find exactly this build in the guides section.

Pretty common build, but impressive.

This guide is pretty similar to tomhc ‘s guide.,
I just saw it after making mine, it still different by the precast part, also got different infos about possible builds. Anyway, I made it, so I post it happy.gif
Well, anyways, it’s to remember people that fire es sorc are insane.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The PvP 95es fire sorceress (full precast or not) by Icewind.

Diablo 2 LoD on Europe Realm v1.12.

Legit build, basics, and hard sides.

This build requires a hight level (95+).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Table of content :

1) Common terms (basics).

2) The sorceress breakpoints.

3) Gear #1.

4) Gear #2 (more possibilities).

5) Stats.

6) Skills (low precast).

7) Skills (max precast).

1) Common terms (basics).

To be sure that you understand what I wrote, I will explain some basics :

Fcr = Faster Cast Rate : the speed you are casting spells.

Fhr = Faster Hit Recovery : the speed you are escaping after a hit.

Fbr = Faster Block Rate : the speed you are blocking hits.

Es = Energy shield.

Fb = Fire ball.

Bp = Breakpoint.

Str = Strength.

Frw = Faster Run/Walk.

Res = Resistance.

Sc = Small charm.

Gc = Grand charm.

Sk = Skiller (grand charm +1 to skills).

Precast (pre-cast) = When you cast a skill with another(s) item(s).

Amu = Amulet.

2) The sorceress breakpoints.

Okay, let's see what we should aim for, FCR and FHR, FBR is not needed for this build, since you can tank enough with the following build, a max block 95es build can be too, but I am not going to speak about it here.

Fcr breakpoint table :

0% 13
9% 12
20% 11
37% 10
63% 9
105% 8 icon_pointl.gif our goal.
200% 7

Why 105 ?
Because 63 isn't enough, the fire sorc is a fast character, speed is needed to kick enemys.
About 200, It's useless, too much sacrifices on life/mana with stuff to reach that bp, mean low stats at end, only to gain some speed, not needed at all vs any char.

Fhr breakpoint table :

0% 15
5% 14
9% 13
14% 12
20% 11
30% 10
42% 9
60% 8
86% 7 icon_pointl.gif our goal.
142% 6
280% 5
1480% 4

Under 86, you won't escape from anything, don't worth it.
About 142, same a 200fcr, I tryed it, I don't see a big difference between 86 and 142 fhr, and compared to the life/mana loosed, I don't suggest it, 86 fhr is already very nice and will always save you.

This post was edited by Icewind on Jul 27 2008 11:36am
Jul 27 2008 11:33am

3) Gear #1.

The stuff part, use the followings, this is, basically, what you should get.

Helm :

Shako is the most common. Sock it with a perf saphyr.

Armor :

Enigma, the str on it is needed, our goal is to wear the complete gear without stating any point into str.

Weapon : 40 fcr

Heart of the oak (hoto) is, in my opinion, the best choice, 40 fcr to reach easyly the 105 fcr bp, and 20 life replenish, usefull in team duels for example, regen your life pretty fast.
Eschutas ? No, only gives more damages, loose the life rep, mana boost, res and more from hoto, bad choice.

Shield : 35 fcr / 55 fhr.

Spirit monarch 35fcr, without any doubt, explanation not needed, it's THE shield for an es sorc.

Gloves :

Frostburn.
Why not magefist ? Yes, mages boots your damages and fcr, but with the 40% mana from frostburn, you can't even compare both.

Belt : 20 fcr.

Arach.

Boots :
10-20 fhr

Crafted boots are the best, with the following stats (at least) : 10fhr / 40+ mana / 4-5% max mana/x% mana regen, insane mana boost with this, even with 10% less fhr than sandstorm, it still really better.
Good adds : Frw (easyer to escape from some hits by running), Res, Life replenish...
If you can't afford them, you should get a pair of sandstorm, they are also very nice because 10% more fhr and some nice stats.

Amulet : 10 fcr.

+2 sorc skills / 10 fcr / xx str / xx(x) mana and adds like life/res or anything else that can be nice.
A amu +2 fire skills with same adds can be too, but you 'll loose 2 skills for your es (light skill),

Rings :

2x stone of jordan (soj).

Switch :

Call to arms (cta) + spirit monarch.

Inventory : 22 fhr.

Annihilius + Torch.
8 x Fire skiller's gc's with life.
1 x Fire skiller gc's with 12 fhr.
8 x Life / mana sc's.
2 x 5 fhr / mana sc's (if you use sandstorm, change them for 2xlife/mana small charms).

Stash :

Memory 9 es.
Best is memory +9es / +xcold amor (any)/ +x enchant (usefull in team vs team duels).

(+3 light amu / +3 light circlet / +3 es ormus / +9 light skillers if full precast build).

Ok, we got 105 fcr and 87 fhr here (our goals are done).

4) Gear #2.

If you don't like beeing like everyone and if you are rich, scroll down :

The jewels you can use must be nice, mean 7fhr/xstr/xxmana at least.

Helm : 20 fcr, 0-7 fhr.

Circlet +2 sorc skills/20 fcr, with very hight life, mana and str, because the life/mana from shako is not bo able (life/mana per lvl), mean your bo and you items bonuses won't boost this stats. Socketed with jewel, or perf saphyr.
This circlet can be +2 fire skills instead of +2 sorc, same as for the amu.

Weapon : 20-40 fcr, 0-14 fhr.

A rare orb : this one must be insane to beat hoto, mean +x skills (fb/fire mastery, synergies...) / 20fcr / mana / life replenish... 2 socks allow you to use jewels with 7fhr (14fhr, mean you can play with 1 more fire skiller with life). Since this orb got 20fcr at best, his use is possible only by wearing a 20 fcr circlet to keep the 105fcr bp. Socketed with 2 jewels.
Or get back your hoto.

Boots : 10 fhr.

Crafted boots are the best, with the following stats (at least) : 10fhr / 40+ mana / 4-5% max mana/x% mana regen.
Good adds : Frw (easyer to escape from some hits by running), Res, Life replenish...

Amulet : 0-10 fcr.

+2 sorc skills / 10 fcr / xx str / xx(x) mana and adds like life/res or anything else that can be nice.
A amu +2 fire skills with same adds can be too, but you 'll loose 2 skills for your es (light skill),
Also if you use a circlet with 20fcr on it, you can get a non-fcr amu (cheaper).

Rest of the stuff similar to gear #1.

About fcr with this stuff :

With circlet 20fcr + rare orb 20fcr + arach 20fcr + amu 10fcr + spirit 35fcr, we got 105 fcr.
With circlet 20fcr + hoto 40fcr + amu (non-fcr, cheaper, better stats) + spirit 35fcr + arach 20fcr, we got 115 fcr.

As you can see, many buids can be done, you can use a circlet without a crafted belt or a rare orb, if it's a great one, it will beat shako anyways, build like the 2nd line.
I won't speak about the crafted belt, I never tryed it, I don't know if It can be better than arach, that gives +1 skills and +5% max mana.

About fhr with this stuff (7 fhr jewels inside socketables):

With rare orb 14fhr + spirit 55fhr + boots 10fhr + 2x 5fhr sc's, we got 89 fhr icon_pointl.gif here you can remove your fire skiller fhr against life sk.
With rare orb 14fhr + spirit 55fhr + circlet 7fhr + boots 10 fhr, we got 86 fhr. icon_pointl.gif here you can remove your fire skiller fhr and your fhr sc's against life sk and life/mana sc's.

Jul 27 2008 11:34am

5) Stats.

Strength = On your amu, or/and circlet if you use one, try to get enough str to wear the complete gear, nothing to stat here, exept if you can't afford enough good stuff to reach this goal.

Dexterity = Nothing, this is non-block sorc.

Vitality = Nothing, 95es mean that 95% of taken damages will go to your mana.

Energy = Everything.

6) Skills (low precast), ladder build, 15k damages (fb).

"Low precast" mean, with memory 9 es only.

6) 1) Without any item that lower your es % ( 2 fire skills instead of 2 sorc).

20 - Telekinesis.

17 - Energy shield.

20 - Firebolt.

20 - Fireball.

20 - Meteor.

1 - Warmth

(3 for Prerequisites).

(5 for Light Prerequisites).

The rest - Fire Mastery

Do not stat any cold armor, this is useless, won't save you from the death, get it on your memory if you can. Do not stat anything else than what I wrote. each skill is very important.

6) 2) With one item max that lower your es % ( 2 fire skills instead of 2 sorc, two items of this kind can't be used on a low precast build, you can't stat more than 20es of course).

20 - Telekinesis.

19 - Energy shield.

20 - Firebolt.

20 - Fireball.

20 - Meteor.

1 - Warmth.

(3 for Prerequisites).

The rest - Fire Mastery.

Require an highter level.

Do not stat any cold armor, this is useless, won't save you from the death, get it on your memory if you can. Do not stat anything else than what I wrote. each skill is very important.

7) Skills (max precast), non-ladder build, 22k damages (fb).

"Max precast" mean that you have to precast with every item that can give you a es bonus.
Mean exactly : +3 light amu / +3 light circlet / +3 es ormus / +9 light skillers and memory 9 es.

7) 1) Without any item that lower your es % ( 2 fire skills instead of 2 sorc).

20 - Telekinesis.

5 - Energy shield.

20 - Firebolt.

20 - Fireball.

20 - Meteor.

1 - Warmth.

(3 for Fire Prerequisites).

The rest - Fire Mastery.

Jul 27 2008 11:34am

7) 2) With one or two item(s) that lower your es % ( 2 fire skills instead of 2 sorc).

20 - Telekinesis.

7 or 9 (1 or 2 items) - Energy shield.

20 - Firebolt.

20 - Fireball.

20 - Meteor.

1 - Warmth.

(3 for Fire Prerequisites).

The rest - Fire Mastery.

Remember, highter your level is, highter your damages will be !

If you have questions about energy shield/telekinesis, take a look here : Energy Shield FAQ by Als

You can reach easyly over 1.4k life/5k mana with this build. I got myself 1630/5200 with shako.

Try to get also the hightest res possible on hell, even with 95es, it sill very important, at least if you reach 75 all res in nightmare without anya quests, it's ok. Damages I wrote on part 6 and 7 are minimum dammages you will get with this build, at lvl 94+.

Remember once more, get a hight lvl (95 minimum!), it's also an expensive build !

I will not add strategies, duels in game will learn you.

I hope this will help everyone, I you have any question/comment, please post here, so everyone can see the answers.

Thanks for watching my guid.

Sorry about my english, not that good.

Icewind

This post was edited by Icewind on Jul 27 2008 11:39am
Gold: 2,013.80
Jul 27 2008 12:05pm
max precast should be:

max fireball/bolt, meteor, mastery, telekinesis

you can get easily 9x% es with the prebuff items you have, throw in some lightning sk's to get 95%.
Jul 27 2008 12:09pm
Quote (Spurgu @ Sun, 27 Jul 2008, 19:05)
max precast should be:

max fireball/bolt, meteor, mastery, telekinesis

you can get easily 9x% es with the prebuff items you have, throw in some lightning sk's to get 95%.

you can't get 95es without stating some points into es.

As I wrote, for a full precast build, as best you have to stat 5 in es.

since

+3 light amu +3 light circlet +3 es ormus +9 light skillers + 1 anni + 3 torch + 1 bo + 2 sojs + 9 es memory + 1 arach = 35 skills (40 is needed for a 95es)

Yes, you get close to the 20 mastery, but you have to get 95es before using your skills into mastery.

This post was edited by Icewind on Jul 27 2008 12:12pm
Gold: 2,013.80
Jul 27 2008 12:11pm
Quote (Icewind @ Sun, Jul 27 2008, 08:09pm)
you can't get 95es without stating some points into es.

As I wrote, for a full precast build, as best you have to stat 5 in es.

since

+3 light amu  +3 light circlet  +3 es ormus  +9 light skillers + 1 anni + 3 torch + 1 bo + 2 sojs + 9 es memory + 1 arach = 35 skills (40 is needed for a 95es)

Oh? I remembered wrong then, anyway, I would max mastery first anyway.. rest into es. (yea I know you'll have to level up high but w/e tongue.gif)

Pretty nice guide.

This post was edited by Spurgu on Jul 27 2008 12:12pm
Jul 27 2008 12:13pm
Quote (Spurgu @ Sun, 27 Jul 2008, 19:11)
Oh? I remembered wrong then, anyway, I would max mastery first anyway.. rest into es. (yea I know you'll have to level up high but w/e tongue.gif)

Pretty nice guide.

I made this error in past, on a lvl 95 sorc just out from level service, I made 20 mastery, and noticed I had only 90% es, and more lvl won't change it, since there are 5 pre reqs skills for es

thanks.

This post was edited by Icewind on Jul 27 2008 12:14pm
Gold: 96.26
Jul 27 2008 12:14pm
Decent guide, i like it since Fb'er is one of two my favourite characters smile.gif

Good job, thumbs up ph34r.gif

Quote (Icewind @ Sun, Jul 27 2008, 09:13pm)
I made this error in past, on a lvl 95 sorc just out from level service, I made 20 mastery, and noticed I had only 90% es, and more lvl won't change it, since there are 5 pre reqs skills for es

thanks.

It should be possible to get 95% es w/o any precast equipment but it would change a build so let's keep it that way

This post was edited by LindeRKV on Jul 27 2008 12:15pm
Jul 27 2008 12:19pm
Quote (LindeRKV @ Sun, 27 Jul 2008, 19:14)
Decent guide, i like it since Fb'er is one of two my favourite characters smile.gif

Good job, thumbs up ph34r.gif

It should be possible to get 95% es w/o any precast equipment but it would change a build so let's keep it that way

thanks.

Yes it is possible, but totally useless in my opinion.

I'll explain why I don't speak about this in my guid :

Damages are enough low with memory only, no way to lower them. also, memory can give cold armor and enchant, usefull in TvT duels where you get bo'ed by another char.

on ladder 1vs1s, you will play at 91es since pre-cast isn't allowed, this is not a problem, it's enough.

on non-ladder 1vs1s, you can precast, so your old ladder build still nice smile.gif

you can also manage your damages and precast to find a middle between the non-precast build (I call memory only non-precast) and the full precast

This post was edited by Icewind on Jul 27 2008 12:24pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12324Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll