d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Ultimate Pvm Summoner V3.0 > For Newbies And Veterans Alike
Prev1234518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 838.00
Dec 17 2007 02:41pm
Firts of all, nice guide. Decent writing skills, and I think that alone is nice, taking all other guides into consideration.

Second thing: your poor man gear is not poor mans at all. Did you even tried to minimaze the cost? Summon mancer need 3 things only: skillers, at least 4, 6 is enough (you can't pick up anything with more, kinda stupid thing to do?), Necro Torch (10/10 is enough if you can't afford better) and Shako for mana boost. Other items could be totally random, and our summoner will still be able to solo hell, do cows in ppl 8 games. This is poor mans gear, duuh.

Another thing is skill distribution. I think that boosting golems life insted of CE is a waste. Don't really care about mages, I don't use them myself, but golems just don't die from attacks. Res is another place good for wasting skill points. I think that golem mastery - maybe, summon res - hell no and blood golem life boost - omg, for what?
Dec 17 2007 05:31pm
Sorry for double post, couldn't edit for some unknown reason sleep.gif'

Quote (mephistophilis @ Mon, 17 Dec 2007, 08:25)

Apparently we are both wrong. It lowers physical resistance and it lowers their damage as well as slows them but it does not amplify damage. Lowering their immunity to physical resistance doesnt exactly mean you do 50% more damge I dont think. Does anyone have the mathematical equation for this? Sorry about that. I had never read that before.

Either way, use Decreptify on Baal so he doesnt tele around the chamber and become annoying.

Decrip - 50% physical res. So if monster has 90% res, we lower it -50% -> 40% res. 1000 dmg - 90% of 1000 dmg = 100 dmg. After cursing it's 600, so we get times 6 multiplyer. The harder their are with their res, the more misserable they become without it wink.gif

With immunities:
Moster X has 110% physical res. -50% will work with only 1/5 effeciency when breaking immunities. So, 110 - fifth part of 50% of 110 = 100% phys res. We fail to break immunity.
With Dmg Amp: 110 res - 1/5 of 100% reduction of 110 = 90% res. Monter dies in a matter of seconds.

I just remebered something ^^ It's one more thing I personally would call excesive force in this build. Reaching 9 fps break point for fcr. I didn't reached this point with my HDin, and it teled rly fast, maybe not superfast, but fast enough. I think that 10 fps is good for most chars, and I think that this mancer is the last char that need this furious tele speed wink.gif

This post was edited by Ziobro_Da_Minister on Dec 17 2007 05:32pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Dec 17 2007 06:10pm
Quote (Ziobro_Da_Minister @ Mon, Dec 17 2007, 04:41pm)
Firts of all, nice guide. Decent writing skills, and I think that alone is nice, taking all other guides into consideration.

Second thing: your poor man gear is not poor mans at all. Did you even tried to minimaze the cost? Summon mancer need 3 things only: skillers, at least 4, 6 is enough (you can't pick up anything with more, kinda stupid thing to do?), Necro Torch (10/10 is enough if you can't afford better) and Shako for mana boost. Other items could be totally random, and our summoner will still be able to solo hell, do cows in ppl 8 games. This is poor mans gear, duuh.

Another thing is skill distribution. I think that boosting golems life insted of CE is a waste. Don't really care about mages, I don't use them myself, but golems just don't die from attacks. Res is another place good for wasting skill points. I think that golem mastery - maybe, summon res - hell no and blood golem life boost - omg, for what?

Vouch
Gold: 435.00
Dec 17 2007 08:14pm
Poor Mans gear IMO is a character that costs in and around 100 FG. THe reason for this is 100 FG is very easy to get through the trading of perfect gems and low runes etc. 10/10 torch is absolutely fine. Nigma is required to build a decent summoner. Again I stress that Insight is very cheap so making the insight golem for meditation takes care of your mana needs and you need the circ to hit breakpoints.

I urge you to try the golem idea. I have rebuilt this necro for the 3rd time and the first two my golem was not ok in hell without synergies. Teleporting my own baal games (full games) requires him to have massive life, doom knights along with the aid of the Knight Mages' Curses wipes him out in three seconds.

Boosting resistance is not a waste because it helps keep everyone (golem and mages included) alive. This is cool for this reason. Mages with 1 skill point and no extra res die really quickly. Mages with an extra 10 points into summon res stay alive about 5 times as long in ubers.

Corpse Explosion is a very god skill. I agree it could have SOME additional points into it. However, After you have all your gear on you get between 16-20 into c/e and that is more than enough to clear out the monsters in the herd u are attacking and then some.

Listen, 75%FCR is not good enough to tele your own games. People get annoyed and leave. Fortunately I run in a channel that respects runners without Maphack (which I do not have) but it rando pubby games, there is no way you are keeping anyone around if you take too long to teleport.

Perhaps 125% is my preference and I like to get where Im going quicker (and get out of harms way quicker), but honestly, try it and it will be your preference as well.

If a monster has 90% Resistance and you take 50% of that away, he now has 45% resistance because its (.9x.5=.45). Just a formulaic error there.

Attract cannot be overhauled. Cast attack on one of Meph's "rogue" guys to lead his skellies away from him then cast life tap and bye bye mephy. Once Isolated he goes down much faster.

Darkforce>Homunc on every level IMO except resistances. Darkforce>Spirit for Style. Spirit>Darkforce In many stat aspects. I use Darkforce

This post was edited by mephistophilis on Dec 17 2007 08:19pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Dec 17 2007 08:19pm
Again, attract does not work on bosses. I also see alot of my guide in this one...
Gold: 435.00
Dec 18 2007 02:09am
Quote (thepwnbros @ Mon, Dec 17 2007, 09:19pm)
Again, attract does not work on bosses. I also see alot of my guide in this one...

it works if u focus it on one of their minions. I just tried it.

I read through some of your guide.

Its nice with the pvp section but there are some simple upgrades you could make so you can get more life

Wear treks instead of Marrows. Treks have fhr so u dont need those extra 2 charms and they also have vitality.

This is the third revision to this guide and My first one was put out quite a while back. I assure you I took from no ones guide. So you can say its like urs all you like, but mine was out first and Sticky'd first...

This post was edited by mephistophilis on Dec 18 2007 02:09am
Gold: 2,566.93
Dec 18 2007 04:08am
pretty nice guide wink.gif
Gold: 55.44
Dec 18 2007 04:29am
Sry but : your tiara is crap imo : nn str (you can bug eni ap with a faled sword or something) / nn mana icon_pointr.gif I would use 2/20/fhr/life or so.
Your amu is also crap imo (nn str nn dex nn mana...).
NN max golem mastery / synergy (he doesn't die anyway if you take care).
NN sands (nn str...).
The only reason you would need str is spirit but then u only need perf marrow + 9 str ~ icon_pointr.gif eth monarch for bo = just need perf marrow.
One point into bone prison for better bone armor would be usefull.
I'll give my build one day if I have time :/ but works only for HC (I don't use cta but barb bo = I can use beast in switch + a2 merc icon_pointr.gif might ect).

Else it's good guide icon_pointr.gif it's a build I'll not use but might work :/

This post was edited by Eti_fr on Dec 18 2007 04:31am
Gold: 3.50
Dec 18 2007 04:39am
Very nice guide ! im gunna try it wink.gif
Dec 18 2007 09:20am
Quote (mephistophilis @ Tue, 18 Dec 2007, 04:14)

If a monster has 90% Resistance and you take 50% of that away, he now has 45% resistance because its (.9x.5=.45). Just a formulaic error there.

Darkforce>Homunc on every level IMO except resistances. Darkforce>Spirit for Style. Spirit>Darkforce In many stat aspects. I use Darkforce

I think that the reduction of monster res works like I posted above: 90% - 50% decrip -> 40%
It's not 50% of mosters res, a least that would be logical considered how dmg amp can boost dmg times two if moster has 0% res. 0 res - 50% of 0 res is 0, my calculation would be 0 - 50% = -50%.

I vouch for the style points ^^. Spirit is pointless for mancer. Homu or Darkforce, doesn't really matter IMHO, skellies at lvl 40 are immortall, I don't see reason in boostin them higher. Maybe if you run around with only 4 - 6 it's necassery, but I have no idea why try to keep it low in numbers ?

It seems it's a pvm pub baal tele summon mancer guide wink.gif I don't really care if people will wait this 1 extra minute for tele with lower fcr.

I wonder, is it possible to find rare/magic necro trophy woth +3summonig/+skelly mastery/+skelly/+ce ? With res, 2 sox and stuff it would be godly wink.gif ANd can a trophy have fcr mod?

This post was edited by Ziobro_Da_Minister on Dec 18 2007 09:23am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1234518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll