d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Ultimate Pvm Summoner V3.0 > For Newbies And Veterans Alike
Prev123418Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 96.00
Dec 17 2007 12:09am
nice job
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Dec 17 2007 12:17am
"...cast Decreptify as it is the same damage as Amp damage..."

Decripify does 50% more damage, Amplify does 100% more Damage. wink.gif

Still best summoner guide i have ever seen.
Gold: 435.00
Dec 17 2007 12:25am
Quote (Cracker_Jack @ Mon, Dec 17 2007, 01:17am)
"...cast Decreptify as it is the same damage as Amp damage..."

Decripify does 50% more damage, Amplify does 100% more Damage. wink.gif

Still best summoner guide i have ever seen.

Thank you very much.

One note

This is the information from Arreat Summit on Decreptify

This curse gives the victim a glimpse of his own mortality, briefly aging the victim. Imagining itself with an infirm body of advanced age, the afflicted believes it is no longer capable of youthful exertions.

Effect: Target's Speed, Damage and Physical Resistance -50%

Decrepify also slows the attack (except missiles from monsters), reduces the damage output of monsters and makes monsters more susceptibile to physical damage.

Apparently we are both wrong. It lowers physical resistance and it lowers their damage as well as slows them but it does not amplify damage. Lowering their immunity to physical resistance doesnt exactly mean you do 50% more damge I dont think. Does anyone have the mathematical equation for this? Sorry about that. I had never read that before.

Either way, use Decreptify on Baal so he doesnt tele around the chamber and become annoying.

This post was edited by mephistophilis on Dec 17 2007 12:26am
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Dec 17 2007 12:31am
Quote (mephistophilis @ Mon, Dec 17 2007, 01:25am)
Thank you very much.

One note

This is the information from Arreat Summit on Decreptify

This curse gives the victim a glimpse of his own mortality, briefly aging the victim. Imagining itself with an infirm body of advanced age, the afflicted believes it is no longer capable of youthful exertions.

Effect: Target's Speed, Damage and Physical Resistance -50%

Decrepify also slows the attack (except missiles from monsters), reduces the damage output of monsters and makes monsters more susceptibile to physical damage.

Apparently we are both wrong. It lowers physical resistance and it lowers their damage as well as slows them but it does not amplify damage. Lowering their immunity to physical resistance doesnt exactly mean you do 50% more damge I dont think. Does anyone have the mathematical equation for this? Sorry about that. I had never read that before.

Either way, use Decreptify on Baal so he doesnt tele around the chamber and become annoying.

I was aware of this! I should have fully elaborated, Amplify Damage lowers physical immunity 100%, which oddly enough is not enough to take away physical immunity on all monsters, but most.

Anything to help.

This post was edited by Cracker_Jack on Dec 17 2007 12:32am
Gold: 435.00
Dec 17 2007 12:36am
Quote (Cracker_Jack @ Mon, Dec 17 2007, 01:31am)
I was aware of this! I should have fully elaborated, Amplify Damage lowers physical immunity 100%, which oddly enough is not enough to take away physical immunity on all monsters, but most.

Anything to help.

Thanks for the support

Everyone, please note this as I am not able to edit the original post.

Amp Damage and Decreptify does not do the same thing entirely.

This does not change the skill to use in any case however, so if you plan to make this build, follow the strategy as described just know it does something slightly different than I originally stated.
Gold: 36.00
Dec 17 2007 12:41pm
A very nice guide indeed, I play my own summoner and it's great fun.

About Attract, does it works well in ubers? To make the spawned minions attack the Uber? I use a combo between life tap, decrep and amp when I'm ubering, on the minions I cast terror to make them flee so my summons can concentrate on the uber himself. smile.gif

Also, I currently use Um'ed homunculus instead of my spirit (which btw is totally perfect ^^), but I might "upgrade" to one darkforce and sox it with Um to raise my resistances.

I'd like to fill in again; nice guide!
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Dec 17 2007 01:14pm
Quote (zpektaket @ Mon, Dec 17 2007, 02:41pm)
A very nice guide indeed, I play my own summoner and it's great fun.

About Attract, does it works well in ubers? To make the spawned minions attack the Uber? I use a combo between life tap, decrep and amp when I'm ubering, on the minions I cast terror to make them flee so my summons can concentrate on the uber himself. smile.gif

Also, I currently use Um'ed homunculus instead of my spirit (which btw is totally perfect ^^), but I might "upgrade" to one darkforce and sox it with Um to raise my resistances.

I'd like to fill in again; nice guide!

Attract doesn't work on bosses.
Gold: 36.00
Dec 17 2007 01:53pm
Quote (thepwnbros @ Mon, 17 Dec 2007, 20:14)
Attract doesn't work on bosses.

It's like Dim Vision then. Hmmm, what mephistophilis means is that the minions starts attacking each other then?
Gold: 534.00
Dec 17 2007 02:09pm
Useful.
Dec 17 2007 02:10pm
cool, will try this shit out biggrin.gif
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123418Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll