d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Rip Key Bridge
Prev13456710Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16,514.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 1 2024 11:41am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Apr 1 2024 09:54am)
Wow first time you wrote more then 10 words! gz bud! Thanks for your input! :hail:

You didn't use "hog" this time either so you are making progress!

"maga brain rot" coming from the guy who voted for Joe Biden whose brain is rotting right in front of the worlds eyes.

You couldn't even remember that you said, "I voted for Biden because he was the lesser of two evils". You literally can't even remember what you post on this sub forum. Biden brain rot.

Hey speaking of you staying a small fry cali cuck where's the "Five reasons you voted for Biden". Where's the "Five good things Biden has done". O wait as soon as I ask you to do that you go offline.

Stay small random :banana:

remember when you offered to quote me, then I said go ahead, then you backed out like a chump? d2jsp remembers. gg newb
Gold: 1,886.00
Apr 1 2024 05:14pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (gnarjay @ 1 Apr 2024 12:41)
remember when you offered to quote me, then I said go ahead, then you backed out like a chump? d2jsp remembers. gg newb

&&&& the reason why still evades you. Boy I feel bad for doing this.

When I asked you for the 5 things/reasons the ONLY reason you gave was the, "Lesser of two evils" and this is why I bring it up because after all your Trump hating all you could tell me about Biden was, "Well he's not Trump" and "I didn't really like Joe Biden but he was the lesser of two evils".

I will not go find what you said word for word a few months ago.

What's funnier is you gave this answer to multiple people :rofl: :bonk: :banana:

That's what makes it really sad. I'm not the only person to ask you this.

Imagine my reason for voting for Trump was, "Well he isn't Joe Biden". (I didn't vote)(Constantly have to remind you about that because you forget that part too)(That I never voted for Trump and am not a political person but because I stand for what I believe in you call that "hog maga mentality".

What not bending over and getting fucked in the ass like you do?

I hope you live stream when you go vote for Biden again.....derderder, "I call people Trump cultist on the internet but I'm going to vote for someone and I have zero reasons why!". I'm a Californian!
Gold: 16,514.00
Apr 1 2024 05:17pm
go find your meds, take them, then quote me...im still waiting
Gold: 8,933.00
Apr 1 2024 06:14pm
Quote (Ghot @ Mar 28 2024 08:37am)
I don't believe the power "went out" on the boat.

I mean, boats carry their own power sources, and very large boats have generator(S).
And most of those have 2 or 3 generators.

For a ship that size to lose power, you'd probably have to sink it.

This seems more like an attempt at an "economical" attack on the US.
I would imagine that China is somehow involved, even though the ship has a Singapore registry.

It does have 4 generators, 2 main and 2 emergency (highly unlikely to all be running at once). But it only has 1 engine. If you lose propulsion control, steering control is virtually useless. Without propulsion, it would slow down in the water to the speed of the current and steering wouldn't do squat. But what do I know? I was only a master helmsman during my time in the Navy. Dropping the anchor was likely responsible for the ship veering out of the navigation channel and into the bridge support. When the power was lost, the engine probably flooded with unignited fuel, which we witnessed as a plume of black smoke when the power was temporarily restored. I'd have to talk to my snipe buddies about the intricacies of cold starting diesel generators, but the idea that a ship *can't* lose power is honestly quite preposterous.
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 1 2024 11:10pm
Quote (Santara @ Apr 1 2024 08:14pm)
It does have 4 generators, 2 main and 2 emergency (highly unlikely to all be running at once). But it only has 1 engine. If you lose propulsion control, steering control is virtually useless. Without propulsion, it would slow down in the water to the speed of the current and steering wouldn't do squat. But what do I know? I was only a master helmsman during my time in the Navy. Dropping the anchor was likely responsible for the ship veering out of the navigation channel and into the bridge support. When the power was lost, the engine probably flooded with unignited fuel, which we witnessed as a plume of black smoke when the power was temporarily restored. I'd have to talk to my snipe buddies about the intricacies of cold starting diesel generators, but the idea that a ship *can't* lose power is honestly quite preposterous.

The odds of a ship like that losing power are zero to none.
The diesel generator would have to go out, and the standby and tertiary generators as well.

Just not gonna happen.

That's the one fact. All the rest is supposition based on the ridiculous assumption that three or more generators could go out, simultaneously.

They probably don't even have stand-alone generators. They probably have multiple diesel engines with CAT electric sets (generators), tacked on the ass end of each.

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 1 2024 11:20pm
Gold: 5,895.00
Apr 1 2024 11:26pm
Quote (gnarjay @ Apr 1 2024 12:47pm)
naivety is not a counter-argument to insane conspiracy theory maga brain rot

This. Conspiracy nut jobs calling themselves critical thinkers.

Haha
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Apr 1 2024 10:18am)
Naivety is a hallmark of people incapable of critical thinking...

How come you and ^gnarjay add ZERO substance ZERO input to any conversation.

And you add what to this conversation?
Gold: 5,895.00
Apr 1 2024 11:33pm
It was A 47 year old bridge with out pier protection. A cargo ship lost power and coasted into the bridge at about 8 knots.
Eight construction workers were filling potholes on the bridge when the crash happened. Two were rescued soon after the collapse. Divers recovered the bodies of two others and the other four are presumed dead.
The ship’s warning enabled authorities to limit vehicle traffic on the span. Plus, the accident occurred at 1:30 a.m.

Facts do not fit the nutjob conspiracy theory narrative.
Gold: 1,886.00
Apr 2 2024 01:25am
Quote (said_aouita @ 2 Apr 2024 00:33)
It was A 47 year old bridge with out pier protection. A cargo ship lost power and coasted into the bridge at about 8 knots.
Eight construction workers were filling potholes on the bridge when the crash happened. Two were rescued soon after the collapse. Divers recovered the bodies of two others and the other four are presumed dead.
The ship’s warning enabled authorities to limit vehicle traffic on the span. Plus, the accident occurred at 1:30 a.m.

Facts do not fit the nutjob conspiracy theory narrative.

Thanks for giving us an update on what we all already knew day one?

People "speculate". People "ask questions". Our governments haven't exactly been forthcoming with pertinent information surrounding a lot of events/issues.

To quote Ronald Regan, "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help."

It's called holding the government and our representatives accountable when they try and lie their way out of that accountability.

People trying to get to the root of what happened through inquiry is a good thing. It shows people are thinking and not just repeating.
Gold: 8,933.00
Apr 2 2024 04:54am
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 2 2024 12:10am)
The odds of a ship like that losing power are zero to none.
The diesel generator would have to go out, and the standby and tertiary generators as well.

Just not gonna happen.

That's the one fact. All the rest is supposition based on the ridiculous assumption that three or more generators could go out, simultaneously.

They probably don't even have stand-alone generators. They probably have multiple diesel engines with CAT electric sets (generators), tacked on the ass end of each.

The odds of you knowing what you're talking about are zero to none.
Obviously, one of the 2 main generators did indeed go out. If the other wasn't in operation at the time (which is a standard maritime practice so that one can be serviced while the other is in operation), then if the main goes out, you are powerless until such time as you can bring the other into operation. The aux generators aren't for running the ship, they're for restarting engines and main generators. We lost the use of individual engines and generators on my ship. It's something that happens.
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 2 2024 05:46am
Quote (Santara @ Apr 2 2024 06:54am)
The odds of you knowing what you're talking about are zero to none.
Obviously, one of the 2 main generators did indeed go out. If the other wasn't in operation at the time (which is a standard maritime practice so that one can be serviced while the other is in operation), then if the main goes out, you are powerless until such time as you can bring the other into operation. The aux generators aren't for running the ship, they're for restarting engines and main generators. We lost the use of individual engines and generators on my ship. It's something that happens.

I'm not gonna argue with you. Do some non-MSM research. ^^
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456710Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll