d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Rip Key Bridge
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,155.00
Mar 28 2024 07:28am

My hometown.

Been on this bridge more times than I can count.

My bad if already posted somewhere.

You can see the ship on the left of the frame as soon as it comes into view.

Traffic was running until the MD Transit Authority started blocking traffic. A semi passes over just before impact while the lights were out on the boat. It seems at that time, the traffic was stopped and the only people on the bridge were workers, of whom 6 have yet to be found...

Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Mar 28 2024 07:33am
That sucks about the workers, are they sure they were working there at the time? Last I heard they weren't sure

I thought cars were on the bridge at the time so nice to hear they managed to block traffic.
Gold: 10,655.00
Mar 28 2024 07:37am

I don't believe the power "went out" on the boat.

I mean, boats carry their own power sources, and very large boats have generator(S).
And most of those have 2 or 3 generators.

For a ship that size to lose power, you'd probably have to sink it.

This seems more like an attempt at an "economical" attack on the US.
I would imagine that China is somehow involved, even though the ship has a Singapore registry.
Gold: 5.00
Mar 28 2024 09:14am
Quote (Ghot @ Mar 28 2024 08:37am)

I mean, boats carry their own power sources, and very large boats have generator(S).

I would imagine that China is somehow involved, even though the ship has a Singapore registry.

As someone with marine experience, not commercial, it does seem very odd. Even the smallest vessels have plethora of redundancy and vigorous maintenance schedules. It's plausible the ship did have issues, but probability is low that all those backup systems and emergency procedures failed. Perhaps the boat has inept crew, poor maintenance, etc.

Beyond speculation, if you watch the full 4iah minute clip when the boat first loses power you'll notice it would have cleared the bridge. It was when power came back, the vessel looks to have backed down engine or reverse. Then it veers off.

Hindsight 20/20, but most skippers know the boat will coast for a long while before loss of original tack in those conditions.

I still think it was an accident, very very preventable accident. Kudos to the bridge crew for stopping the traffic. They had someone about to grab the construction crew but not enough time from Mayday to hit
Gold: 2,955.95
Mar 28 2024 09:16am
Quote (Ghot @ Mar 28 2024 06:37am)

i havet viewed the vide the op posted yet. but videos i have seen you can clearly see smoke pour forth from the stack just as it makes its turn into the support

Quote (MaysLanding @ Mar 28 2024 06:28am)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEkRjlSgIIQ
My hometown.

Been on this bridge more times than I can count.

My bad if already posted somewhere.

You can see the ship on the left of the frame as soon as it comes into view.

Traffic was running until the MD Transit Authority started blocking traffic. A semi passes over just before impact while the lights were out on the boat. It seems at that time, the traffic was stopped and the only people on the bridge were workers, of whom 6 have yet to be found...

ah? they stopped the traffic. i will post the vid i have seen. shows traffic then no traffic

This post was edited by TiStuff on Mar 28 2024 09:20am
Gold: 3,172.34
Mar 28 2024 10:04am
I agree with what a lot of you have said but I still think there are many oddities(I wish I knew more so if someone does please correct me)

1) Power goes out and when the backup generators kick in the smoke billows(normal) but if you watch the video sped up it looks like the ship makes a HARD turn when in reality it's hydraulics aren't working properly. It just so happens to hit the 1 of 2 spots that would cause a bridge like that to collapse. Apparently this bridge was built to sustain such a hit because hazardous materials amongst other things come across the bridge on semi's.

2) Where is the tug boat? This is the middle of the night and like mentioned above there are strict rules to be followed for all maritime vessels.

3) The boat was moving at 8 knots with an amount of weight that even though they dropped emergency anchors the vessel was stilling going to go another mile because of the propulsion.

4) This is one of the most important ports on the eastern sea board as someone mentioned above and the real pain we will feel will be in the increase in the price of MANY goods.

5) People who think a vessel like this can't be "hacked" are totally ignorant. So if China/Russia or some other group wanted to they could. There's a few good videos of hackers getting into the "control mechanisms" of planes, cars, and boats(anything hooked up to the modern "grid". An older vessel wouldn't be sabotaged as easily/

6) This is a stretch but Russia claiming the CIA blew up the Nordstream pipeline and was behind the "funding" of the people who murdered over 140 people in Moscow amongst a myriad of other things we do to cripple Russia so it would be no surprise if they were behind this. An eye for an eye so to speak.

There's other anomalies but I don't know enough about "shipping vessels" so I'm not going to speculate further. Just seems extremely odd to me as a whole.
Gold: 16,514.00
Mar 28 2024 11:13am
Quote (Ghot @ Mar 28 2024 06:37am)

everything is a conspiracy theory with the maga crowd :wacko:
Gold: 3,100.00
Mar 28 2024 11:24am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 28 2024 12:04pm)
I agree with what a lot of you have said but I still think there are many oddities(I wish I knew more so if someone does please correct me)

1) Power goes out and when the backup generators kick in the smoke billows(normal) but if you watch the video sped up it looks like the ship makes a HARD turn when in reality it's hydraulics aren't working properly. It just so happens to hit the 1 of 2 spots that would cause a bridge like that to collapse. Apparently this bridge was built to sustain such a hit because hazardous materials amongst other things come across the bridge on semi's.

2) Where is the tug boat? This is the middle of the night and like mentioned above there are strict rules to be followed for all maritime vessels.

3) The boat was moving at 8 knots with an amount of weight that even though they dropped emergency anchors the vessel was stilling going to go another mile because of the propulsion.

4) This is one of the most important ports on the eastern sea board as someone mentioned above and the real pain we will feel will be in the increase in the price of MANY goods.

5) People who think a vessel like this can't be "hacked" are totally ignorant. So if China/Russia or some other group wanted to they could. There's a few good videos of hackers getting into the "control mechanisms" of planes, cars, and boats(anything hooked up to the modern "grid". An older vessel wouldn't be sabotaged as easily/

6) This is a stretch but Russia claiming the CIA blew up the Nordstream pipeline and was behind the "funding" of the people who murdered over 140 people in Moscow amongst a myriad of other things we do to cripple Russia so it would be no surprise if they were behind this. An eye for an eye so to speak.

There's other anomalies but I don't know enough about "shipping vessels" so I'm not going to speculate further. Just seems extremely odd to me as a whole.

Those are all valid, what’s the chance that this happened due to incompetence?
Mar 28 2024 01:39pm
Quote (gnarjay @ Mar 28 2024 10:13am)
everything is a conspiracy theory with the maga crowd :wacko:

cOnSpIaREEEE tHoRY cOnSpIaREEEE tHoRY cOnSpIaREEEE tHoRY cOnSpIaREEEE tHoRY cOnSpIaREEEE tHoRY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

remember everyone. you not allowed to think about anything. wait till CNN tells you what to believe

This post was edited by TiStuff on Mar 28 2024 01:47pm
Mar 28 2024 01:58pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 28 2024 09:04am)

my personal experience is smoke bellows when the gas is stepped on/applied, especially true with diesel
whats the power plant on a ship like that?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll