d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Totalitarian Regimes...
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5.00
Mar 26 2024 11:49pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Mar 26 2024 10:56pm)
Climate refugees are probably a larger portion of illegal immigrants then we'd all suspect. If people could farm their own land and survive they'd do it but for the most part around the world we have a collapsing forest microbiome and an acidifying ocean on top of 1000x other dominos that don't bode well for our collective future. Yes our planet is resilient but we've literally double double double downed on all the things that were destroying the biosphere 50 years ago. All the "Green Deals" didn't do a fucking thing in my opinion and to me it was more of corporations who royally fucked our planet going, "Look everyone we care". They don't.

The fact that I've been able to find aluminum/barium/strontium/titanium in levels that are in some cases 3000x normal levels(Aluminum specifically the others were 5x normal) in a creek near my home is INSANE and that was with a simple chemical test kit I bought from Home Depot. Imagine all those smaller microplastics that are everywhere(every square inch of the planet from the top of Everest to the bottom of the Marianna Trench.

&&& now people like Bill Gates and CIA director John Brennan come out and say, "Yea we now have to use SAI(Stratospheric Aerosol injections) to control SRM(Solar radiation management) and what it would look like is what you'd see in the sky today! PRETENDING like they haven't already deployed this on a world wide scale. Pretending like they just came up with this last week when they have the patents going back 75+ years.

That's my problem with it. They are getting away with more then just murder when they convince the world they are going to start using "SAI" soon when it's actually been done for decades with disastrous consequences.

Direct negative result of SAI. Forest fires burning fiercer/hotter/uncontrollably worldwide because the entire top of the tree canopies are saturated with incendiary metals and so is the forest floor. So because they spray the planet 24/7 for decades everything BURNS with a much higher intensity. People wondering why areas that NEVER experienced forest fires are going up?

I'll stop on the geoengineering conversation but it's the one issue most people refuse to believe exists and if you did some research you'd find a lot of issues we face today are because the military intelligences around the world "Play God" and they LOST and instead of just stopping it entirely they've doubled down.

The water issue plaguing the west coast and other areas of the southwest will never get better and even in Chicago they started to build this "billion dollar tunnel" with the intention of diverting water from the Great Lakes westward but it would require a project like Roosevelts New Deal. I think it would be great because water security is an issue people often overlook. The Obama Administration sold "fresh water" from the Great Lakes to China to forgive debts so why don't we try and alleviate water issues in the west when it affects all Americans. It'd be one of the greatest civil engineering projects ever undertaken To be able to pipe water from the Great Lakes throughout the country at much less of a cost. I should add as of right now that project is canned sort of like the Keystone Pipeline but name one American who would say "No" to a project that would give people easier/cheaper access to water.

Myself and HELL NO. Russians tried it and turned a lake to desert. "Formerly the fourth-largest lake in the world with an area of 68,000 km2 (26,300 sq mi), the Aral Sea began shrinking in the 1960s after the rivers that fed it were diverted by Soviet irrigation projects. "

A project like that would be actual geoengineering and the implications swag at best. In regards to water scarcity, there are already proven solutions. Below is my preferred, produce energy and possible desalinate sea water for consumption.

https://research.ibm.com/publications/a-6-focus-high-concentration-photovoltaic-thermal-dish-system
Gold: 3,172.34
Warn: 10%
Mar 27 2024 08:38am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ 27 Mar 2024 00:49)
Myself and HELL NO. Russians tried it and turned a lake to desert. "Formerly the fourth-largest lake in the world with an area of 68,000 km2 (26,300 sq mi), the Aral Sea began shrinking in the 1960s after the rivers that fed it were diverted by Soviet irrigation projects. "

A project like that would be actual geoengineering and the implications swag at best. In regards to water scarcity, there are already proven solutions. Below is my preferred, produce energy and possible desalinate sea water for consumption.

https://research.ibm.com/publications/a-6-focus-high-concentration-photovoltaic-thermal-dish-system

Desalination plants in my opinion are a bridge to nowhere as they require almost every other "energy" to end up with "clean drinking water". It's not that it doesn't work(it does) it's just very energy intensive to get it built and if your water supply collapses completely no amount of desalination plants will be able to cover that amount of water loss. This is a main reason why India and China are fighting a soft war at the top of the Himalayas/Kush Mountain for access to "glacier water". They both have access to an ocean but neither seem to care lol. I never knew about the Russians attempt to drain a lake and divert it's water! Thanks for sharing that's very interesting! This is probably the main reason then that they haven't gone ahead with the Great Lakes one(It's also harder because Canada and US share access/control of the Great Lakes) so it requires both countries to approve any "civil projects".

From my understanding the project was meant to literally pull water from the Atlantic ocean all the way up near New Brunswick Canada down the St. Lawrence River and then create a series of damns which would allow what was "ocean salt water" to replenish the Great Lakes as Lake Michigan at it's furthest south point(Gary Indiana of all places lol). It required what would be the largest series of "desalination plants" along the St. Lawrence River. The goal was to create a "water loop" that "didn't drain the Great Lakes" but rather created enough water pressure/momentum to allow big surges of water to be reallocated. They basically wanted to create a fuckin massive tunnel beneath Chicago/Gary all the way west to the Mississippi River where it would feed into there and then be diverted again further west.

I just thought it was a cool civil engineering attempt to get water from the Atlantic ocean to the Great Lakes to the Mississippi and then across towards states already in a water crisis.

I'll check out that research publication thanks for sharing bud!
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll