d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Totalitarian Regimes...
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 52,890.97
Mar 26 2024 02:47am
China:

Hong kong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABolxLUFg18

USA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YU8xw_Q_P8
Even if you don't grasp the correlation, it
Starts with companies doing this crap ^

We're aware of Russia
NK and the UAE... to name a few more.

Fight for democracy until a better system takes hold, but.. until then.. people like Bernie Sanders are working For the people (you). Check out his youtube channel before you claim Bs or try to depict me as whatever mislead attempt to rationalize through an ad hominem (I'm Canadian.. I have nothing to do with your bigotry).

I Just thought I'd share.
Gold: 48,230.00
Mar 26 2024 03:04am
Quote (Drael @ 26 Mar 2024 16:47)
China:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJDmhLlvQNU

Hong kong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABolxLUFg18

USA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YU8xw_Q_P8
Even if you don't grasp the correlation, it
Starts with companies doing this crap ^

We're aware of Russia
NK and the UAE... to name a few more.

Fight for democracy until a better system takes hold, but.. until then.. people like Bernie Sanders are working For the people (you). Check out his youtube channel before you claim Bs or try to depict me as whatever mislead attempt to rationalize through an ad hominem (I'm Canadian.. I have nothing to do with your bigotry).

I Just thought I'd share.

You do realized what is the biggest problem of a Democracy right. Which is something exceptionally complex and no simple answer to it or how to solve and manage it.
Personally I don't have a problem with democracy if majority of the population are well informed, educated, pragmatic and have the ability to analyze information to choose the correct representatives.
But this is extremely difficult in our current Geo Political situation.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Mar 26 2024 03:06am
Mar 26 2024 03:11am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 26 2024 05:04am)
You do realized what is the biggest problem of a Democracy right. Which is something exceptionally complex and no simple answer to it or how to solve and manage it.

:bouncy:
Mar 26 2024 03:22am
Quote (Drael @ 26 Mar 2024 17:11)
:bouncy:

I think what you are looking at is not exactly democracy. But correct me if I am wrong.
Democracy is , IMO a form of selecting your leaders or having a group of people voting for an action to be taken.

Even North Korea have democracy, but it is only allowed to maybe 20 to 30 people who are advising Rocket Man Kim. He doesn't goes lets bomb Japan and everyone does it.

To make it more in dept, maybe a discussion of Political Ideology might be a little more apt in such a case.
I don't really remember but as far as I can remember these are the current Major political ideologies that we have stated below.

Liberalism
Marxism
Nationalism
Religion

Out of the four above there can be Democracy within. Either by the masses or a small group of selected people who runs the country and foreign polices.
Within the four above, Authoritarianism, Dictatorship, Religious Fanaticism can all appear in varying degrees.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Mar 26 2024 03:31am
Mar 26 2024 03:52am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 26 2024 05:22am)

Even North Korea have democracy, but it is only allowed to maybe 20 to 30 people who are advising Rocket Man Kim. He doesn't goes lets bomb Japan and everyone does it.

You don't know what a democracy is... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but... opinions change with perspective ("knowledge").
Here is the bare minimum you can do (that's neither complex nor hard : watch that video since you didn't watch the other ones). Is the system complex? Not really, no. Human issues, on the other hand, are convoluted because "opinions" don't change. Hopefully, you can break that loop by mastering the notions I've just shared (I'm not counting on it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfVn9vE1HBQ
Gold: 2,420.00
Mar 26 2024 03:55am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 26 2024 05:22am)
I think what you are looking at is not exactly democracy. But correct me if I am wrong.
Democracy is , IMO a form of selecting your leaders or having a group of people voting for an action to be taken.

To make it more in dept, maybe a discussion of Political Ideology might be a little more apt in such a case.
I don't really remember but as far as I can remember these are the current Major political ideologies that we have stated below.

Liberalism
Marxism
Nationalism
Religion

Out of the four above there can be Democracy within. Either by the masses or a small group of selected people who runs the country and foreign polices.
Within the four above, Authoritarianism, Dictatorship, Religious Fanaticism can all appear in varying degrees.

:huh:
Mar 26 2024 03:57am
Quote (Drael @ 26 Mar 2024 17:52)
You don't know what a democracy is... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but... opinions change with perspective ("knowledge").
Here is the bare minimum you can do (that's neither complex nor hard : watch that video since you didn't watch the other ones). Is the system complex? Not really, no. Human issues, on the other hand, are convoluted because "opinions" don't change. Hopefully, you can break that loop by mastering the notions I've just shared (I'm not counting on it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfVn9vE1HBQ

I think I have a rough Idea what Democracy is. I am watching the Bernie Sander's video you put up. But it kinda doesn't really explain to be honest.

In Singapore we somewhat have a Democracy, but it is Authoritarian. Chewing Gum is illegal, Blow Jobs are only legal after I think 2008, if you are being caught giving or receiving a BJ, you will get fined or maybe a short jail term.

If you are interested, maybe this will be an interesting video.
I like Sanders by the way. He is a great Humanist .

This is the video.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Mar 26 2024 03:59am
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 26 2024 06:48am
To have a decent democracy requires several conditions:

- Strong equalitarian background in law, culture, and capital
- Education access and level, allowing more social mobility
- Multipartism allowing the renewal of a decent part of the political class
- State power strong enough to balance large corporations

After that it's just a balance in-between +/- welfare state, conservatism.

Regarding people supporting authoritarian models I noticed:

- Denial & Selfishness: rush into a resonance that it's not so bad after all, especially coming from people who have a comfortable place within the said regimes
- Cherry pick & Diversion: Focusing on worse aspect of some democracies, predicting a dark future for these and concluding it's better to plunge into authoritarianism right now.

VoilĂ , it is not everything but it's a pleasure: feel free to complete the lists above.

Video games companies are no longer selling their games now, it's lending: it secures theirs businesses for further "alost mandatory" sales and reduce the risk if sued (and we know some people can sue for delirious reasons)

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Mar 26 2024 06:53am
Gold: 35,445.24
Warn: 10%
Mar 26 2024 07:07am
The American founding fathers hated democracy.
They referred to it as "tyranny of the majority".
That is why they intentionally made a constitutional republic.
I agree with them, screw democracy.
Mar 26 2024 10:22am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Mar 26 2024 08:48am)
To have a decent democracy requires several conditions:

- Strong equalitarian background in law, culture, and capital
- Education access and level, allowing more social mobility
- Multipartism allowing the renewal of a decent part of the political class
- State power strong enough to balance large corporations

After that it's just a balance in-between +/- welfare state, conservatism.

Regarding people supporting authoritarian models I noticed:

- Denial & Selfishness: rush into a resonance that it's not so bad after all, especially coming from people who have a comfortable place within the said regimes
- Cherry pick & Diversion: Focusing on worse aspect of some democracies, predicting a dark future for these and concluding it's better to plunge into authoritarianism right now.

VoilĂ , it is not everything but it's a pleasure: feel free to complete the lists above.

Video games companies are no longer selling their games now, it's lending: it secures theirs businesses for further "alost mandatory" sales and reduce the risk if sued (and we know some people can sue for delirious reasons)

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/298/697/ab0.jpg

just mandatory minimal education to have access to services could be established and
you would have a great democracy, but... your post is not the worst grip on what it should be. Ty for your post.

Now on to what you have to know? It wouldn't be convoluted... And let me attempt to be precise, but I just woke up/started this topic when I was 6 hours past my bedtime xD.
- Heliocentrism (sun) and the vastness of the universe which Never started and always was <- this will become clear in the years to come.
- Evolution (no need to fill the gaps with much more than: we are countless tiny microorganisms that went through billions of years of growth and mutations)
- Basic algebrae (conditional statements [so that it exists as a basic speech tool]... x requires y to be true/in order to exist)
- Self-awareness and a gradient to explain how to become "conscious" <- will not delve into this (but includes identity, shame/merit etc)
- Rule of law & principles of the mind that help us strive towards things (sorry, this is as vague as it gets)
- Knowing that a better system requires less laws, but offers more freedoms (learning to be impartial, biases [valid interpretations from our cognition] etc)

I think that covers it all. Throw me a few suggestions and I'll see if they should be implemented in this list, but
nearly all of this can be taught within 3 years and repeated... allowing everyone to pursue whatever they want. Repeating these basal notions with added complexities, but always reverting back to them. Say you want to introduce maths::: always come back to: "it is the method to put things into correlation" (=). Better introductions = faster learning... makes it easy to transpose curiosity onto a new subject and realizing how mandatory certain tools and notions can be.

kindergarten ::: self-awareness, interactions.. basis of the T of mind.
"primary school" ::: creativity
"highschool" ::: learn about the conflicts and potential solutions.
"college/university ::: how to apply and specialize.

All these would be crunched up in a near future (to fewer years) with personal
assistants that track your progress and have static databases for subjects that are already covered...
so we can get rid of lies and generalized stupidity.

/education, mostly.

Quote (sirthom @ Mar 26 2024 09:07am)
The American founding fathers hated democracy.
They referred to it as "tyranny of the majority".
That is why they intentionally made a constitutional republic.
I agree with them, screw democracy.

Capitalism is not bad, but... its rules need "a little work".
Publicity, insurances, banking... seem to love to make the language as messy as possible. Hard to explain in a few words,
but they end up profiting the rich at an exponential rate and makes the more exploitative morons able to sway lawmakers into destructive outcomes.

Reposting this video from #5 <{(where it went to shit... unfairly removing essential taxes corrupting the supply chain = extension of private corporations giving millions to trump to make his first decree... It's about all I wanted to know when he made his first appearances that year. After that, I had a confirmation of what happened. Whether or not he cheated was irrelevant... I knew this muppet was about as stupid as it gets/never wanted to hear much of anything from him ever again. It's no surprise that he faces 91 criminal charges in 4 legal proceedings. If he doesn't end in jail, the USA's democracy is failing its citizens)}>

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll