d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev1106910701071
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 580.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 26 2024 12:53am
Quote (Handcuffs @ 25 Apr 2024 21:24)
I may still not be understanding, but I will do my best. My thought is this:

Is there an area of land on top of which people X lived that Israel then vacated them from by force? My answer is, yes, both in its inception (Nakba) and to this day via the illegal settlements. Am I mistaken about something here in this description?

No, if some people without collective thought is spread on some land it doesnt makes the whole land theirs just the area they sit on.
But to answer the question Israel fought Jordan to take this land and Palestinians didnt have any collective thought back then they simply were Arabs part of the Jordanian country with no self determination needs.
But when Israel took over after Jordan attack Israel suddenly they became a movement.

Give me a break
Gold: 5.00
Apr 26 2024 04:07am
Quote (Handcuffs @ Apr 25 2024 03:25pm)
I understand your question as pertaining largely to the phenomenon of what is to happen after a population's location or border is changed by force, especially as subsequent generations build into the future. It is a reality of history that people have gone to war, used violence, or otherwise ethnically cleansed regions resulting in serious geopolitical changes as a result of human displacement. What happens next, broadly speaking, is that either the new borders stabilize along the new lines and life continues and things move towards acceptance and peace, the aggrieved instead continue to seek to take back their land by force (Hamas' goal), or the aggressor continues to take more and more land until a region is sufficiently conquered (Settlers).

Unfortunately, while some are striving for option 1 in some fashion, both 2 and 3 are simultaneously true and remain part of the tapestry that is the complex barrier to peace.

I don't see how #1 is possible with the current division between the populations. The populations would need to integrate to achieve understanding, agreement, peace. Instead there are a plethora of reasons they are extremely divided and divide growing. Perhaps #1 is irreconcilable given the makeup of the governments having aspects of religious or nepotism coupled to decision making along with blood history.

The opposite of a melting pot analogy. Water and Sodium
Retired Moderator
Gold: 580.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 26 2024 06:36am
Gold: 5.00
Apr 27 2024 07:02am
Media blasting the narrative of entitled naive dumb privileged gen Z collage kids conducting unsafe chaotic mob right to assembly and speech as they hold anti-war protests across campuses. Maybe I clicked one and got recommended a bunch, but theses protests are all over US colleges and seeing in Germany and even Israel now making nightly news feeds.

Imagine if that level of policing was used to handle illegal migrants, better to shut up some loud mouth spoiled kids instead.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1106910701071
Add Reply New Topic New Poll