d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey >
Poll > Nhl Draft Discussion Thread
Prev1789101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 28 2023 10:00pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 28 Jun 2023 18:09)
Remember this pick Canucks fans. This is what we gave up to get Hronek + 2nd rounder in a deep draft.....

Pellikka could pan out and we could have had him and Willander.

Time will tell.

preferred they gambled and picked Benson, i like walliander but not at 11oa.

I also don't want ASP. Don't need a poorman's hughes when we already have a gfg one. ASP is not gonna develop or reach his full potential while hughes is here.

Canucks needed Simashev/Reinbacher type of dman, but walliander will have to do i guess

if only the canucks just rode bruce til the end and finished bottom 5.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jun 28 2023 10:02pm
Jun 28 2023 10:03pm
Quote (dragoneth @ 28 Jun 2023 18:24)
there was rumors a lot of the picks would play out how they did (minus simashev)but i didn't really believe they would
im kind of torn im happy cause michkov sounds legit but like if we just wasted a 7th overall in a deep draft in the start of a rebuild thats a huge fuck up i really hope he comes over
it could also be one hell of a steal pick but man that risk ><

damn hawks took moore at 19 was hoping flyers got him he sounds pretty good with some speed he was projected all over the place i seen him like 10th to 2nd round lol

there's no risk at all lol. He's coming over to NHL bro. No one is gonna stay in that shit hole country when u know ur that good. He probably can't wait to join the NHL to compete with Bedard again
Gold: 10,995.01
Jun 28 2023 10:59pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 29 2023 12:03am)
there's no risk at all lol. He's coming over to NHL bro. No one is gonna stay in that shit hole country when u know ur that good. He probably can't wait to join the NHL to compete with Bedard again

yeah i posted in the flyers thread but im a little less sketched out
he even says as soon as he can get out of his contract hes going to come over sounds like he doesn't want to be in the khl
and i read rumors of his dad being killed because he was trying to find ways to nullfy the contract so he could come over sooner-not sure how much truth there is to that but something to think about

going to be somewhat interesting day 2
Cristall, Heidt+Dragicevic still there and were projected 1st round guys in most mocks
no goalies taken either there was only 1 projected 1st round in hrabel on most mocks should be a bunch going in the 2nd

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jun 28 2023 11:02pm
Gold: 18,394.11
Jun 29 2023 03:27am
19 more? lol wtf

wings and arizona had two opportunity to pick him before that but what they choose? simashev, but and some clown from sweden :bonk:

true draft losers: arizona, wings
other semi-losers: ducks for not picking faint, nucks, habs

winners: hawks, columbus, caps.

i can already see Moore playing with Hall and Debrincat on first line and beat shit easy calder and hawks have decent chance to be top4 team on NHL before 2030
Gold: 10.55
Jun 29 2023 08:15am
Quote (do_NaUKI @ Jun 29 2023 02:27am)
19 more? lol wtf

wings and arizona had two opportunity to pick him before that but what they choose? simashev, but and some clown from sweden :bonk:

i can already see Moore playing with Hall and Debrincat on first line and beat shit easy calder and hawks have decent chance to be top4 team on NHL before 2030

Wtf are you on about? First of all, yzerman doesnt lose drafts buddy. He might pick players that fans dont agree with, but lets be honest here none of us *really* know what we are talking about lol.
Moore as 1c? No shot. Bedard will be 1c...
Hall on first line? Lmfao.
And i highly doubt the hawks bring debrincat back. You wildin.
Jun 29 2023 08:29am
Quote (do_NaUKI @ 29 Jun 2023 02:27)
19 more? lol wtf

im surprised yzerman picked danielson, cuz he seemed to want a high end talent to build around and this was the draft to risk it for the biscuit.
Danielson is a definite NHLer though.

why are ducks semi losers for not picking fant??? Carlsson > faint imo. Both will be good, but i have carlsson ahead of fant.
Carlsson played in the SHL as a 17yr old against men, arguably best league after NHL since some KHL players left Russia to join euro leagues. He made history like the sedins, lindholm, and backstrom did. Sounds like a damn good company. Petey was a bit older when he dominated SHL, and Carlsson is doing it in his draft year with a december birthday, as young as he can be lol. Fantili seems to perform well when he's comfortable, which is in the NCAA. Outside of his NCAA team, he has been underwhelming. How the fuck can you be so underwhelming when ur on a stacked team with bedard, with no russia at worlds, with that size/talent advantage? something to think about.

Arizona reached all day, surprised they didnt trade down. The biggest loser is sj for skipping michkov. It wouldnt have mattered if he came over later.
Philly won bigggg, just how when the Canucks won big picking hughes at 7th :rofl: didn't know this shit could happen again jesus.
Alvin should've traded with Buffalo when he got that call, trade down to 13th for whatever shit they were offering. Then picked Walliander 13th. Highly doubt ariz wanted Walliander after picking Reinbacher. Would've still reached for But.
Buff probably thought either Canucks or Ariz might've picked Benson so they wanted to trade up with the Canucks. In the end they saved their assets and still got their guy.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jun 29 2023 08:34am
Gold: 10.55
Jun 29 2023 11:22am
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 29 2023 07:29am)
im surprised yzerman picked danielson, cuz he seemed to want a high end talent to build around and this was the draft to risk it for the biscuit.

Yeah, i really think Benson was the right move. Imagine the first line with Raymond, Larkin, and Benson. I think Danielson is okay, i trust stevie (cant knock any of his reach first round picks after the whole seider situation) but i imagine we probably couldve traded back and still got danielson, or wouldve been better off swinging for the fences with Benson, or even Barlow, Dvorsky, Moore, or Wood over Danielson. Hell, even if we picked Pellikka 9th and traded 17 for debrincat i think wouldve been better value.
Gold: 17,801.00
Jun 29 2023 05:10pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 28 2023 08:00pm)
preferred they gambled and picked Benson, i like walliander but not at 11oa.

I also don't want ASP. Don't need a poorman's hughes when we already have a gfg one. ASP is not gonna develop or reach his full potential while hughes is here.

Canucks needed Simashev/Reinbacher type of dman, but walliander will have to do i guess

if only the canucks just rode bruce til the end and finished bottom 5.

Was so sad when Montreal picked Reinbacher.

Could not realistically expect him to slide until 11 though.

Wallinder is probably going to play 3 years in college.

Don't see him being that impactful. But a reliable 2nd pair D is a reasonable expectation I think. Which at 11th overall is adequate even though the draft is deep.

It's not a great pick, but not terrible either imo.

As for Benson do the Canucks really want another undersized forward? Even if he is talented and does the little things right.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Jun 29 2023 05:13pm
Gold: 17,801.00
Jun 29 2023 05:17pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 29 2023 06:29am)

why are ducks semi losers for not picking fant??? Carlsson > faint imo. Both will be good, but i have carlsson ahead of fant.
Carlsson played in the SHL as a 17yr old against men, arguably best league after NHL since some KHL players left Russia to join euro leagues. He made history like the sedins, lindholm, and backstrom did. Sounds like a damn good company. Petey was a bit older when he dominated SHL, and Carlsson is doing it in his draft year with a december birthday, as young as he can be lol. Fantili seems to perform well when he's comfortable, which is in the NCAA. Outside of his NCAA team, he has been underwhelming. How the fuck can you be so underwhelming when ur on a stacked team with bedard, with no russia at worlds, with that size/talent advantage? something to think about.

Arizona reached all day, surprised they didnt trade down. The biggest loser is sj for skipping michkov. It wouldnt have mattered if he came over later.
Philly won bigggg, just how when the Canucks won big picking hughes at 7th :rofl: didn't know this shit could happen again jesus.
Alvin should've traded with Buffalo when he got that call, trade down to 13th for whatever shit they were offering. Then picked Walliander 13th. Highly doubt ariz wanted Walliander after picking Reinbacher. Would've still reached for But.
Buff probably thought either Canucks or Ariz might've picked Benson so they wanted to trade up with the Canucks. In the end they saved their assets and still got their guy.

There is no guarantee he comes over later. That is part of the risk factor. He will still have to play through one year of an ELC when he comes over which may dissuade him.

If he continues his trajectory he will be a huge name in Russia (if he is not already) and despite the turmoil would probably still make more in Russia than he would in his first year in Philly.

With the crisis taking place who knows what things will look like in 3 years. Even at 7th overall and with his talent that pick is still a massive risk.

Circumstances beyond his control changed everything for him. If he was not from Russia and Bedard was not in the draft he is probably a 1st overall in many draft years.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Jun 29 2023 05:18pm
Jun 29 2023 06:16pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 29 Jun 2023 16:17)
There is no guarantee he comes over later. That is part of the risk factor. He will still have to play through one year of an ELC when he comes over which may dissuade him.

If he continues his trajectory he will be a huge name in Russia (if he is not already) and despite the turmoil would probably still make more in Russia than he would in his first year in Philly.

With the crisis taking place who knows what things will look like in 3 years. Even at 7th overall and with his talent that pick is still a massive risk.

Circumstances beyond his control changed everything for him. If he was not from Russia and Bedard was not in the draft he is probably a 1st overall in many draft years.

There's 0 risk. It's always like this every year lol. Tampa got kucherov ezpz cuz of the Russian risk, when there was 0 risk. Simashev is also a no risk. Michkov is risky but not other Russians drafted in the first rd? These nhl execs have no common sense at all if they pass on player their scouts suggest just cuz of Russian factor.

Won't matter if michkov is a huge name in Russia, he would wanna be a huge name in the world. Ovechkin literally sucks Putin's dick and loves it in NHL. He's the one guy you'd say he loves Russia and Putin, and is a huge name in Russia and not come over, but here we are.

KHL salary overall is low af. Roubles are worthless. Elc in NHL getting paid in USD is worth more than them chump Roubles. Any player would literally be more dumb than virtanen if 1 elc pay scares them off from coming over to NHL with all that talent haha
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1789101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll