d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey >
Poll > Nhl Draft Discussion Thread
Prev19101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 133,546.77
Jun 30 2023 09:04am
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 29 2023 08:16pm)
There's 0 risk. It's always like this every year lol. Tampa got kucherov ezpz cuz of the Russian risk, when there was 0 risk. Simashev is also a no risk. Michkov is risky but not other Russians drafted in the first rd? These nhl execs have no common sense at all if they pass on player their scouts suggest just cuz of Russian factor.

Won't matter if michkov is a huge name in Russia, he would wanna be a huge name in the world. Ovechkin literally sucks Putin's dick and loves it in NHL. He's the one guy you'd say he loves Russia and Putin, and is a huge name in Russia and not come over, but here we are.

KHL salary overall is low af. Roubles are worthless. Elc in NHL getting paid in USD is worth more than them chump Roubles. Any player would literally be more dumb than virtanen if 1 elc pay scares them off from coming over to NHL with all that talent haha

i wouldnt say zero

radulov played 2-3 years? before going back to khl, so preds lost overall from that pick no? gained no assets via trade, etc

dont remember others but i know radulov was a hit on the preds.
Gold: 10,995.01
Jun 30 2023 09:13am
Quote (partank @ Jun 30 2023 11:04am)
i wouldnt say zero

radulov played 2-3 years? before going back to khl, so preds lost overall from that pick no? gained no assets via trade, etc

you know what else was a hit? michkovs father by his khl team you think he wants to go back to that?
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 30 2023 09:48am
Quote (partank @ 30 Jun 2023 08:04)
i wouldnt say zero

him and kovalchuk were ones that made these GM have PTSD for being Russian. That happened in 2008/9. Although kovy did NJ a favor to get out of that life time contract.
Since then, there's always been articles like will Kuznetsov, Orlov, Kuzmenko? Ovie? Kucherov? Kaprisov? Samsonov? flee to russia? they're still playing in NHL afaik.
They'll go back when they decline, or their "prime" is over. As most of non russian players go over to euro or khl if they still wanna play but CAN'T keep up to play in the NHL.
Radulov is a joke and an asshole for not honoring a contract he signed, and then going back and forth btwn KHL and NHL throughout his career. He obviously needed to make the dough cuz KHL wasn't gonna pay him what the Dallas stars offered. Dude is a clown, can't group all russians with him. Most at least respect the contract and wait til their current contract is over, before even thinking about it or using it as a leverage.

If michkov ends up being a bust, he can bolt back to russia like all other russian busts. However, if you have insane amount of talent, i don't see how they rather hide themselves in the KHL instead of wanting to play with the best and compete against them. To me, it's equal to Bedard/Crosby/McDavid type of talent to say that they don't wanna join the NHL for whatever reason and rather play in the SHL/KHL away from competing with the other best in the NHL. No one bat an eye when Matthews went over to sweden, and no one made articles saying OMG RISK? EURO BOUND??!?!?! and Matthews wasn't even hyped as much as these kids, rather i remember a huge chunk believing he's a bust before he even played in the NHL lol.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jun 30 2023 09:51am
Gold: 10.55
Jun 30 2023 10:08am
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 30 2023 08:48am)
him and kovalchuk were ones that made these GM have PTSD for being Russian. That happened in 2008/9. Although kovy did NJ a favor to get out of that life time contract.
Since then, there's always been articles like will Kuznetsov, Orlov, Kuzmenko? Ovie? Kucherov? Kaprisov? Samsonov? flee to russia? they're still playing in NHL afaik.
They'll go back when they decline, or their "prime" is over. As most of non russian players go over to euro or khl if they still wanna play but CAN'T keep up to play in the NHL.
Radulov is a joke and an asshole for not honoring a contract he signed, and then going back and forth btwn KHL and NHL throughout his career. He obviously needed to make the dough cuz KHL wasn't gonna pay him what the Dallas stars offered. Dude is a clown, can't group all russians with him. Most at least respect the contract and wait til their current contract is over, before even thinking about it or using it as a leverage.

If michkov ends up being a bust, he can bolt back to russia like all other russian busts. However, if you have insane amount of talent, i don't see how they rather hide themselves in the KHL instead of wanting to play with the best and compete against them. To me, it's equal to Bedard/Crosby/McDavid type of talent to say that they don't wanna join the NHL for whatever reason and rather play in the SHL/KHL away from competing with the other best in the NHL. No one bat an eye when Matthews went over to sweden, and no one made articles saying OMG RISK? EURO BOUND??!?!?! and Matthews wasn't even hyped as much as these kids, rather i remember a huge chunk believing he's a bust before he even played in the NHL lol.

Look at secksii out here, channelling his inner drago and laying straight text walls on our asses
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 30 2023 10:09am
Quote (Slimesy @ 30 Jun 2023 09:08)
Look at secksii out here, channelling his inner drago and laying straight text walls on our asses

Finally got a Friday off and my legs numb from taking a longgggg shit :lol:
Jun 30 2023 10:39am
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 30 2023 09:09am)

At least you used puntucation
Jun 30 2023 02:37pm
Quote (Slimesy @ Jun 30 2023 12:39pm)
At least you used puntucation

Hey man sometimes I use punctuation and auto correct.
Jun 30 2023 02:38pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jun 30 2023 01:37pm)
Hey man sometimes I use punctuation and auto correct.

You mean auto correct puts the punctuation in for you? :rofl:
Jun 30 2023 03:06pm
Quote (Slimesy @ Jun 30 2023 04:38pm)
You mean auto correct puts the punctuation in for you? :rofl:

nah id use it more often if it did tbh :rofl:
Gold: 1,535.00
Jul 1 2023 02:02pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 30 2023 09:09am)

where did u take it? out for a little jaunt, maybe run some errands ?
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev19101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll