d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey >
Poll > Nhl Draft Discussion Thread
12312Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,995.01
Jun 10 2023 06:29am
2023 NHL Draft Wed, Jun 28, 2023 7:00 PM - Thu, Jun 29, 2023

here is a projected list on sports net from May
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/sportsnets-2023-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-may-edition/
their source for rankings with a more detailed description and ratings on top 60
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/scouts-analysis-ranking-the-top-60-prospects-for-the-2023-nhl-draft/

who do you want your team to draft?
where do you think michkov goes?

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jun 10 2023 06:41am
Gold: 255.11
Jun 10 2023 07:02am
kinda hope someone pick michkov top4 so we dont have to deal with the fact we passed on him and he became the next ovi
Gold: 133,546.77
Jun 10 2023 07:15am
Michkov #2
Gold: 10,995.01
Jun 10 2023 08:21am
Quote (Xhekaj @ Jun 10 2023 09:02am)
kinda hope someone pick michkov top4 so we dont have to deal with the fact we passed on him and he became the next ovi

lol yeah i kinda hope he doesn't slide back to 7 no doubt hes good but after fedotov issue if flyers draft him the fanbase would lose their shit

Quote (partank @ Jun 10 2023 09:15am)
Michkov #2

that would be pretty wild all the mocks and projected ranking ive seen have had bedard fantilli 1-2 but say michkov is legit so its possible i guess

Gold: 10.55
Jun 10 2023 09:29am
I read michkov trending downwards, could fall substantially. Im really hoping he falls to #9 (cant see it actually happening though). Yzerman will snap him up guaranteed.

#3 will almost certainly be Carlsson i think

For the wings im hoping we can swing an yzerman style trade to move up for Carlsson, Michkov, or Will Smith, i'd also be super happy with Zach Benson if he slides to #9. Assuming all those guys are gone i think Andrew Cristall is interesting. He seems like a massive boom or bust player, and if any staff is going to get the most out of a boom or bust prospect it's gonna be yzerman & lalonde.

This post was edited by Slimesy on Jun 10 2023 09:39am
Gold: 26,774.27
Jun 10 2023 10:21am
Here is What i would like

Bedard
Fantilli
Smith/reinbacher
Michkov
Carlsson

I see columbus liking Smith more than carlsson for his hockey iq, offensive skills compared to carlsson Who is better defensively but slightly worse offensively than Smith. I think there is potential for reinbacher being Picked 3rd overall with how Much columbus got defensively in severson and provorov. Add reinbacher to them and you got a solid defensive core for years to come.

I think san jose take the Best talent avaible in michkov and will like having him not count on their cap with how much they already have on their cap.

I think montreal takes one of the following 4 : michkov, carlsson, reinbacher or Smith depending on Who is still avaible. I have a feeling that carlsson will fall to 5th overall

For my habs if michkov is avaible at 5th and smith/carlsson are already taken i want them to select michkov. If they pick reinbacher im not going to be salty at all. If they take leonard/benson/dvorsky without trading down a few spots ill be pissed not gonna lie about it

This post was edited by Nihility on Jun 10 2023 10:23am
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 10 2023 10:44am
Quote (Slimesy @ 10 Jun 2023 08:29)
I read michkov trending downwards, could fall substantially. Im really hoping he falls to #9 (cant see it actually happening though). Yzerman will snap him up guaranteed.

#3 will almost certainly be Carlsson i think

For the wings im hoping we can swing an yzerman style trade to move up for Carlsson, Michkov, or Will Smith, i'd also be super happy with Zach Benson if he slides to #9. Assuming all those guys are gone i think Andrew Cristall is interesting. He seems like a massive boom or bust player, and if any staff is going to get the most out of a boom or bust prospect it's gonna be yzerman & lalonde.

Lol if michkov falls to 9, the GMs that skipped on him needs a new scouting team. Although I think the caps would pick him up at 8th if he somehow does fall that low. This is like Hughes falling to 7th oa, there's just nooooo way lolol

Quote (Nihility @ 10 Jun 2023 09:21)
Here is What i would like

Bedard
Fantilli
Smith/reinbacher
Michkov
Carlsson

I see columbus liking Smith more than carlsson for his hockey iq, offensive skills compared to carlsson Who is better defensively but slightly worse offensively than Smith. I think there is potential for reinbacher being Picked 3rd overall with how Much columbus got defensively in severson and provorov. Add reinbacher to them and you got a solid defensive core for years to come.

I think san jose take the Best talent avaible in michkov and will like having him not count on their cap with how much they already have on their cap.

I think montreal takes one of the following 4 : michkov, carlsson, reinbacher or Smith depending on Who is still avaible. I have a feeling that carlsson will fall to 5th overall

For my habs if michkov is avaible at 5th and smith/carlsson are already taken i want them to select michkov. If they pick reinbacher im not going to be salty at all. If they take leonard/benson/dvorsky without trading down a few spots ill be pissed not gonna lie about it

I highly doubt reinbacher will be picked 3rd oa. There's just way too much gap btwn the forwards available and dmen this draft. Reinbacher is the only dman that may go top 10, but his ceiling is like top 4 at best and depth if not a bust. VS players like carlsson, smith, michkov etc. Also next year's draft the forward groups are much weaker, while there's ton of dmen available in the 1st round to choose from.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jun 10 2023 10:49am
Gold: 26,774.27
Jun 10 2023 11:35am
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 10 2023 12:44pm)
Lol if michkov falls to 9, the GMs that skipped on him needs a new scouting team. Although I think the caps would pick him up at 8th if he somehow does fall that low. This is like Hughes falling to 7th oa, there's just nooooo way lolol

I highly doubt reinbacher will be picked 3rd oa. There's just way too much gap btwn the forwards available and dmen this draft. Reinbacher is the only dman that may go top 10, but his ceiling is like top 4 at best and depth if not a bust. VS players like carlsson, smith, michkov etc. Also next year's draft the forward groups are much weaker, while there's ton of dmen available in the 1st round to choose from.

A good rh dman like reinbacher Who can crack the top 10 with such offensive talent in the top 10 of the draft is impressive and i do think he can be Picked between 3-7 and i wouldnt be surprised if clb, sj, mtl picks him.

I think smith will go between 3-5, carlsson is 3-5, reinbacher 3-7, leonard 4-9, benson 4-11, dvorsky 5-10, michkov 4-7

Leonard is the kind of player every team needs one and those kind of players are harder to Come by nowadays and you need them in the playoffs which is why i see him potentially going higher even if he is less talented than all the other names in the top 10

Clb could also go for leonard to add more "sandpaper" to their top 6 forwards but im sure hes not going to go 3rd overall

This post was edited by Nihility on Jun 10 2023 11:39am
Gold: 10.55
Jun 10 2023 12:28pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 10 2023 09:44am)

Yeah i dont think theres any chance that he falls that low, would be fucking wild if he does. I think cbj is thinking they can win now so they probably wont take him at 3, but he'd be a perfect for the sharks, imagine eklund at center and michkov on the wing? Sheesh.
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 10 2023 01:02pm
Quote (Slimesy @ 10 Jun 2023 11:28)
Yeah i dont think theres any chance that he falls that low, would be fucking wild if he does. I think cbj is thinking they can win now so they probably wont take him at 3, but he'd be a perfect for the sharks, imagine eklund at center and michkov on the wing? Sheesh.

Rumor is sharks are looking at Smith lol, although I think michkov would be perfect for the sharks. By the time he comes over, the hefty contracts will be gone.

Quote (Nihility @ 10 Jun 2023 10:35)
A good rh dman like reinbacher Who can crack the top 10 with such offensive talent in the top 10 of the draft is impressive and i do think he can be Picked between 3-7 and i wouldnt be surprised if clb, sj, mtl picks him.

I think smith will go between 3-5, carlsson is 3-5, reinbacher 3-7, leonard 4-9, benson 4-11, dvorsky 5-10, michkov 4-7

Leonard is the kind of player every team needs one and those kind of players are harder to Come by nowadays and you need them in the playoffs which is why i see him potentially going higher even if he is less talented than all the other names in the top 10

Clb could also go for leonard to add more "sandpaper" to their top 6 forwards but im sure hes not going to go 3rd overall

I see reinbacher going 6+ and that's very high. I can't see him being picked over bedard, michkov, fentili, carlsson. Smith can be argued depending on the teams need/direction, but I think they'll still pick Smith over reinbacher. That's also counting out Leonard where a lot of teams would love to have that type of player in their system. CBJ isn't gonna reach and pick Leonard over Carlsson. If that's their plan, they'll trade down. I can only see the Habs picking him 5th oa, if they're in a position where they're left with either him and smith/Leonard. Otherwise I would be shocked af if CBJ or sjs picks reinbacher over the guys available.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jun 10 2023 01:03pm
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
12312Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll