d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey >
Poll > Nhl Draft Discussion Thread
Prev123412Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,647.74
Jun 10 2023 01:40pm
Michkov falling below Top 4 would be insane. The RĂºssia factor is the only reason he might not go #2, teams passing on him after Carlsson and Fant would be straight trolling.
Gold: 10,995.01
Jun 10 2023 03:28pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 10 2023 12:44pm)
Lol if michkov falls to 9, the GMs that skipped on him needs a new scouting team. Although I think the caps would pick him up at 8th if he somehow does fall that low. This is like Hughes falling to 7th oa, there's just nooooo way lolol

I highly doubt reinbacher will be picked 3rd oa. There's just way too much gap btwn the forwards available and dmen this draft. Reinbacher is the only dman that may go top 10, but his ceiling is like top 4 at best and depth if not a bust. VS players like carlsson, smith, michkov etc. Also next year's draft the forward groups are much weaker, while there's ton of dmen available in the 1st round to choose from.

i dont think its a scouting issue but is he ever going to come to NA issue
this was from DFO twitter "We have absolutely no idea if he'll ever actually come over," an NHL scout said:" and hes already locked up til 2026 in the khl

reinbacher has been a big riser moving into the top 10 it would be a pretty big jump if he goes top 5 though
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 10 2023 04:15pm
Quote (dragoneth @ 10 Jun 2023 14:28)
i dont think its a scouting issue but is he ever going to come to NA issue
this was from DFO twitter "We have absolutely no idea if he'll ever actually come over," an NHL scout said:" and hes already locked up til 2026 in the khl

reinbacher has been a big riser moving into the top 10 it would be a pretty big jump if he goes top 5 though

Reinbacher has actually been moving down, while the forwards have been shooting up. As for other dmen, wallinder has shot up in ranks too. That's why I think reinbacher won't be picked as high. If he was a lhd, he'd be picked even lower. However every team would want a RHD top 4 potential dman on their team, it's a matter of.. is passing on generational /elite players potential for him worth it? If they think a forward is gonna be bottom 6 NHL player, then I think teams are very more likely gonna take reinbacher over that.

That's always the risk for drafting Russian players. Scouts refusing to their jobs, or GM ignoring the scouts list for worrying so much about not coming over to play in NA. It's just more emphasized now than any other year cuz of the war. However, if you think about it, it's not a bad risk to take. Not all 32 players from the 1st Rd make the NHL anyway, but if you know you're getting kuznestov, kaprisov, kucherov etc. type of talent to your team when it's gifted to you, you take that shit and run. If they end up not coming over, that's on the player, not on the scouts. It's much better than drafting a rando bust or taking the inferior nhl player. What's crazy is how michkov/bedard has been called crosby/ovie generational talents since like 4 yrs ago lol. Michkov has been the BEST Russian prospect scouts ever seen, since Ovechkin and Malkin. Michkov broke Ovechkin's record, kucherov's record, dominated the mhl and vhl as an underager. He also helped the worst KHL team improve and get some wins after being loaned to them, and for a 17yr old to do that in the KHL is nuts. Although KHL, got weaker due to the war, its still damn impressive regardless for a kid to do that at his age. The talks about him dropping out of top 10 is just insane to me, I mean I'll be happy af if he somehow drops to 11 and Alvin snatches him up haha

This post was edited by Secksii on Jun 10 2023 04:17pm
Gold: 110.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 10 2023 04:31pm
oliver mebus
Gold: 10.55
Jun 10 2023 04:43pm
Quote (JOHNOATES @ Jun 10 2023 03:31pm)
oliver mebus

Jun 10 2023 04:49pm
Quote (Slimesy @ Jun 10 2023 06:43pm)

nhl needs a new chara
Jun 10 2023 05:09pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 10 2023 06:15pm)
Reinbacher has actually been moving down, while the forwards have been shooting up. As for other dmen, wallinder has shot up in ranks too. That's why I think reinbacher won't be picked as high. If he was a lhd, he'd be picked even lower. However every team would want a RHD top 4 potential dman on their team, it's a matter of.. is passing on generational /elite players potential for him worth it? If they think a forward is gonna be bottom 6 NHL player, then I think teams are very more likely gonna take reinbacher over that.

That's always the risk for drafting Russian players. Scouts refusing to their jobs, or GM ignoring the scouts list for worrying so much about not coming over to play in NA. It's just more emphasized now than any other year cuz of the war. However, if you think about it, it's not a bad risk to take. Not all 32 players from the 1st Rd make the NHL anyway, but if you know you're getting kuznestov, kaprisov, kucherov etc. type of talent to your team when it's gifted to you, you take that shit and run. If they end up not coming over, that's on the player, not on the scouts. It's much better than drafting a rando bust or taking the inferior nhl player. What's crazy is how michkov/bedard has been called crosby/ovie generational talents since like 4 yrs ago lol. Michkov has been the BEST Russian prospect scouts ever seen, since Ovechkin and Malkin. Michkov broke Ovechkin's record, kucherov's record, dominated the mhl and vhl as an underager. He also helped the worst KHL team improve and get some wins after being loaned to them, and for a 17yr old to do that in the KHL is nuts. Although KHL, got weaker due to the war, its still damn impressive regardless for a kid to do that at his age. The talks about him dropping out of top 10 is just insane to me, I mean I'll be happy af if he somehow drops to 11 and Alvin snatches him up haha

the war and i think the fedotov issue kind of sent up red flags for a lot of teams
with that being said i dont think he drops outside of the top 10 maybe not even 5 i think the coyotes would take him if still there they got time to figure out their shit by time his khl contract is up and if he comes over as one of those elite russians that would be huge

and really?iirc no d man was in the top 15 until some of the later projections i thought he moved up i could be wrong though
but yeah the pellika d man sounds like hes a bit better then reinbacher but hes smaller and shoots left and hes 12th vs 8th on the sportsnet projections the size and right shot are huge for reinbacher

as a flyers fan if we took reinbacher at 7 i wouldnt be pissed i wanted nemec/jiricek last year we need to grab one of these RHD that have potential to be a top line guy eventually but the forward crops looks pretty nice too lol
Gold: 10.55
Jun 10 2023 05:17pm
Quote (JOHNOATES @ Jun 10 2023 03:49pm)
nhl needs a new chara

See: Elmer Soderblom
Jun 10 2023 05:24pm
Quote (Slimesy @ Jun 10 2023 07:17pm)
See: Elmer Soderblom

need taller
Jun 14 2023 10:38pm
Bill Meltzer@billmeltzer
According to @CraigJButton
the 2023 Draft has about 20 to 24 players of top 6 forward or top 3/4 defenseman potential. One of the deepest Draft pools in recent years.
source of the interview
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev123412Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll