d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey >
Poll > Nhl Draft Discussion Thread
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 14 2023 11:21pm
Quote (dragoneth @ 14 Jun 2023 21:38)
Bill Meltzer@billmeltzer
According to @CraigJButton
the 2023 Draft has about 20 to 24 players of top 6 forward or top 3/4 defenseman potential. One of the deepest Draft pools in recent years.
source of the interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BExaWu0cV28

Chicago gonna win a cup before us
Gold: 10.55
Jun 15 2023 12:06am
The Athletic's latest staff mock draft has the sharks taking will smith at 4, and the wings trading 9 & 17 to heb for 5 & 31 to get michkov, then flipping 31 to pittsburgh to move back up to 14 + granlund (pens cap dump) to get Honzek... :Drool: Pls sum
Gold: 10,995.01
Jun 15 2023 05:22am
Quote (Slimesy @ Jun 15 2023 02:06am)
The Athletic's latest staff mock draft has the sharks taking will smith at 4, and the wings trading 9 & 17 to heb for 5 & 31 to get michkov, then flipping 31 to pittsburgh to move back up to 14 + granlund (pens cap dump) to get Honzek... :Drool: Pls sum

yeah in the video i linked craig button says some of the teams in the top 5 might not take michkov but hes going top 5 because a team is going to trade up and take him if they wont
should make for an interesting draft its been a while since there was somebody this controversial but so good at the same time

button made a good point too saying by time he comes over at 21 (if he does) hes likely a high level nhl ready player and hes still on his ELC
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 15 2023 07:54pm
Quote (dragoneth @ 15 Jun 2023 04:22)
yeah in the video i linked craig button says some of the teams in the top 5 might not take michkov but hes going top 5 because a team is going to trade up and take him if they wont
should make for an interesting draft its been a while since there was somebody this controversial but so good at the same time

button made a good point too saying by time he comes over at 21 (if he does) hes likely a high level nhl ready player and hes still on his ELC

That's why I think it's perfect for the shorks to pick him, they can continue rebuilding and getting high picks, then when they're ready to build around their new core, michkov joins at elc caphit.

I don't think teams would trade up though, especially in a deep draft like this one. It hasn't happened in weaker drafts, so I can't see it happening here. Then again, I want something to happen for entertainment. Preferably Chicago not picking bedard
Gold: 17,801.00
Jun 17 2023 01:21pm
Quote (Slimesy @ Jun 14 2023 10:06pm)

Honzek looks like a solid player. He plays for the local WHL team so I have seen him live a couple of times.

His stock has been rising. Was seen as a 2nd rounder earlier, now it looks like he will be middle of the pack in the 1st round.
Jun 17 2023 01:39pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ Jun 17 2023 12:21pm)
Honzek looks like a solid player. He plays for the local WHL team so I have seen him live a couple of times.

His stock has been rising. Was seen as a 2nd rounder earlier, now it looks like he will be middle of the pack in the 1st round.

Yeah, from what i've seen he looks like the type of player the wings are really missing in the top 6. His skating is awkward af, but that should be easily fixed with nhl caliber coaching. His hands are nuts though. Possible trades aside, it would be huge if the wings could come out of the 1st round with Zach Benson/Dalibor Dvorsky/Oliver Moore/Matthew Wood at 9th and Honzek at 17th.
Jun 19 2023 12:31pm
TSN Hockey@TSNHockey
Matvei Michkov will be a popular man at next week's NHL Draft. The top-ranked prospect among international skaters will be in Nashville for the event and multiple NHL teams have scheduled interviews with him prior to the draft (via
@TSNBobMcKenzie
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/matvei-michkov-scheduled-for-multitple-interviews-with-nhl-teams-ahead-of-nhl-draft-1.1975049

i saw an interview where he somebody said he stated his goal was to make the nhl (i think it was craig button)
could be interesting these interview are probably going to decide whether or not he slides back

i also aw article with rumors his dad was killed because he was trying to find ways to nullify his KHL deal so he could come over sooner
so it sounds like he wants to come over once its over but with russia/khl let him?

also mackenzies list coming out soon

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie
The @TSNHockey
2023 NHL Draft Final Rankings will be released on Thursday. Top 96 plus 14 honourable mentions.

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jun 19 2023 12:34pm
Jun 19 2023 06:48pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jun 19 2023 11:31am)
TSN Hockey@TSNHockey
Matvei Michkov will be a popular man at next week's NHL Draft. The top-ranked prospect among international skaters will be in Nashville for the event and multiple NHL teams have scheduled interviews with him prior to the draft (via
@TSNBobMcKenzie
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/matvei-michkov-scheduled-for-multitple-interviews-with-nhl-teams-ahead-of-nhl-draft-1.1975049

i saw an interview where he somebody said he stated his goal was to make the nhl (i think it was craig button)
could be interesting these interview are probably going to decide whether or not he slides back

i also aw article with rumors his dad was killed because he was trying to find ways to nullify his KHL deal so he could come over sooner
so it sounds like he wants to come over once its over but with russia/khl let him?

also mackenzies list coming out soon

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie
The @TSNHockey
2023 NHL Draft Final Rankings will be released on Thursday. Top 96 plus 14 honourable mentions.

Sounds like a perfect situation for detroit. We have plenty of experience smuggling players out of russia ๐Ÿ˜

A Russian journalist named Valery Matveev worked with Wings executive vice-president Jim Lites to secure an army discharge for Konstantinov. With cash provided by the Red Wings, Matveev bribed six Russian doctors to diagnose and confirm that Konstantinov had inoperable cancer, and thus secured his medical discharge from the military in the summer of 1991. The Red Wings were planning to fly Konstantinov and his family out from Russia and get him to Detroit in time for the start of training camp in September, but the 1991 Soviet coup d'รฉtat attempt forced a change in plans. With the airports closed, Matveev took the family by train to Budapest. Lites met them there, in Red Wings' owner Mike Ilitch's private jet, and went back to Detroit with Konstantinov aboard. His wife and daughter followed two days later on a commercial flight.

The blueprint is already in place ๐Ÿ˜Ž

This post was edited by Slimesy on Jun 19 2023 06:51pm
Jun 20 2023 05:25pm
apparently michkovs interview process is basically telling teams ill come play for you he wants to decide where he gets drafted pretty much
thats interesting so the team that drafts him is pretty much guaranteed hes wililng to come over but if a team that he doesnt give the green light too drafts him he just stays in khl?
his dream was to make the nhl according to craig button but seems hes being kind of picky about with who

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jun 20 2023 05:28pm
Jun 20 2023 05:43pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jun 20 2023 04:25pm)
apparently michkovs interview process is basically telling teams ill come play for you he wants to decide where he gets drafted pretty much
thats interesting so the team that drafts him is pretty much guaranteed hes wililng to come over but if a team that he doesnt give the green light too drafts him he just stays in khl?
his dream was to make the nhl according to craig button but seems hes being kind of picky about with who

from what i understand it's very hard to get an interview with him. Basically the only hope of having a scout actually talk to him is by physically speaking to him in passing at a game.
and even then only the area scouts that are currently living in russia can get to him, any higher ups in any teams scouting departments cant even speak to him.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll