d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Books & Literature > Anyone Read Comicbooks?
Prev1456789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 178.00
Jul 7 2014 03:57am
Quote (Hanmin @ Jul 7 2014 03:35am)
Days of Future Past wasn't the best comic book movie, but it was my favorite X-Men movie, haha. Did you like Captain America: Winter Soldier?

Yeah, Winter Soldier wasn't bad. Definitely, DOFP was the best X-Men movie for sure. But, then again, that isn't saying much. The movies have been pretty atrocious. And an insult overall to the comics imo.

I am surprisingly looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy now. I don't know why, but those trailers have me hooked. If the movie is half as good as the 2nd trailer, it will be a success in my eyes. Maybe even better than Avengers. I don't know why, but I always have a soft spot for a motley crew of a team like that working together. Like bad guys getting together to defeat the worse bad guys, and they end up being good guys in the end; has always appealed to me. Maybe that's why I liked Forever Evil so much, since that's basically the premise.
Jul 10 2014 12:26am
What would you list as your Top 10 Marvel arcs? Could be X-Men or whatever. Just curious about what you would consider the definative praised runs for Marvel. Since I am mostly a DC guy and have that pretty much figured out. So far, the only thing I've really enjoyed from Marvel is that X-Force run by Remender. Deadpool kills Trilogy (was quite funny and entertaining). The Hawkeye run now is sweet. Battle of the Atom was solid. And, I actually enjoyed Age of Ultron, despite other's reviews. And of course, that sweet Wolverine Gorefest (The Best There Is).
Gold: 3.60
Jul 10 2014 09:19am
Quote (The_Doves @ Jul 10 2014 06:26am)
What would you list as your Top 10 Marvel arcs? Could be X-Men or whatever. Just curious about what you would consider the definative praised runs for Marvel. Since I am mostly a DC guy and have that pretty much figured out. So far, the only thing I've really enjoyed from Marvel is that X-Force run by Remender. Deadpool kills Trilogy (was quite funny and entertaining). The Hawkeye run now is sweet. Battle of the Atom was solid. And, I actually enjoyed Age of Ultron, despite other's reviews. And of course, that sweet Wolverine Gorefest (The Best There Is).

The Ultimates
The Hawkeye
Old Man Logan
Books of Doom
Secret Invasion
Annihilation
Dark Reign Dark Avengers
Civil War
Messiah Complex
Young Avengers
Gold: 590.00
Jul 10 2014 03:43pm
Horrible at listing top arcs in my head, haha. Some of my favorite Marvel runs that come to mind though:
Bendis & Maleev's Daredevil
Brubaker's Daredevil
Remender's X-Force
Bendis' Uncanny + All New X-Men
Remender's Uncanny Avengers
Thor: God Bomb/God Butcher
Bendis' Ultimate Spiderman
Grant Morrison's X-Men
Whedon's X-Men

Quote (itzpookiie @ Jul 10 2014 11:19am)
The Ultimates
The Hawkeye
Old Man Logan
Books of Doom
Secret Invasion
Annihilation
Dark Reign Dark Avengers
Civil War
Messiah Complex
Young Avengers

I'm so behind on comics, I really should read Messiah Complex & Annihilation.

This post was edited by Hanmin on Jul 10 2014 03:44pm
Jul 10 2014 03:48pm

Just picked these up yesderday. Was aight, haha.
Jul 10 2014 04:51pm
Quote (Hanmin @ Jul 10 2014 04:48pm)
http://i.imgur.com/IiJ7uZk.jpg

Just picked these up yesderday. Was aight, haha.

I was gonna buy that Spider-Man #1. How was it? Think the story will continue being a decent read? How was the writing/art?

I liked the premise from the previews. But, was sure they would cheese it up.

I forgot Thor: God Bomb/God Butcher. That is actually probably my 2nd favorite thing Marvel ever. Wish the writing for that series would have continued to be good. The next arc was awful imo.

Edit: Oh, and how is that Miller Daredevil/Elektra? I haven't really hated anything he has written.

This post was edited by The_Doves on Jul 10 2014 04:55pm
Jul 10 2014 07:28pm
Quote (The_Doves @ Jul 10 2014 06:51pm)
I was gonna buy that Spider-Man #1. How was it? Think the story will continue being a decent read? How was the writing/art?

I liked the premise from the previews. But, was sure they would cheese it up.

I forgot Thor: God Bomb/God Butcher. That is actually probably my 2nd favorite thing Marvel ever. Wish the writing for that series would have continued to be good. The next arc was awful imo.

Edit: Oh, and how is that Miller Daredevil/Elektra? I haven't really hated anything he has written.

100th Spiderman #1 was a "fun" read. I liked the concept of the idea going behind it. I don't think worth it to go out of your way to buy it.

Thor God Bomb/Butcher was freakking awesome. I also heard that it fell short after those arcs, but its supposedly picking back up again.

Haven't had a chance to read Elektra yet. I still have 2-3 trades on my shelf before I get to that.
Jul 10 2014 09:00pm
Quote (Hanmin @ Jul 10 2014 08:28pm)
100th Spiderman #1 was a "fun" read. I liked the concept of the idea going behind it. I don't think worth it to go out of your way to buy it.

Thor God Bomb/Butcher was freakking awesome. I also heard that it fell short after those arcs, but its supposedly picking back up again.

Haven't had a chance to read Elektra yet. I still have 2-3 trades on my shelf before I get to that.

If you continue reading Spider-Man, let me know how it progresses. Is it an arc that is going to continue for a few issues where Kingpin has the suit or did they pretty much quash that notion after one issue?

I think it's pretty hard for them to top that Thor arc. Simply because it was a new idea with a new enemy that was so persistent. It spanned several timelines, it kept you invested. Overall, I think it was one of a kind. I honestly don't expect another Thor arc to have me enthralled as that. I only read it because CB19 recommended it. It paid off in spades.
Gold: 1,173.00
Jul 10 2014 09:22pm
I've been wanting to read some comics involving Juggernaut but I do not know where to start.
Jul 15 2014 05:29pm
Anything updates on your reads?

I don't have anything to pull, until next Wed. with Saga #21 and Batman #33. :/

My list is getting shorter every month. I feel like my good reads are diminishing. I've become a snob, me thinks.

Pretty soon, the only thing I'll be reading is back trades. Then what? Ughh. My standards are much higher than most I guess.
Go Back To Books & Literature Topic List
Prev1456789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll