d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Voter Id Good Idea? Or Illegal Poll Tax? > Decisions Are Across The Board
Prev12345614Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 24,402.34
Oct 16 2014 03:05pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 16 Oct 2014 15:08)
not true - maybe with some jobs - I know my brother had out of Province ID for years, and still found work easy.

There are many situations which can make your ID not valid and alot of employers need the work done more than they care about id

You can start up your own business without valid id too.

Then you are evading taxes and shouldn't get to vote anyway.

And I don't really see why you would bring up your brother, you state that he does have ID then use it as proof that he doesn't need ID?
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Oct 16 2014 03:17pm
Quote (Santara @ Oct 16 2014 04:04pm)
The liberals are upset in TX because they only accept state issued ID, which happens to include conceal-carry licenses (because you have to prove citizenship), but not college IDs (where they do not make such consideration). On its face, it seems blatantly partisan, but is completely logical given the citizenship check done prior to issuing those IDs.

In WI, they only put a stay on the law because it's too close to the election.

Its also logical to think the Republicans are doing this for partisan reasons , and that Republicans refuse to acknowledge those reasons.

If one instance ever is shown how this wont help Republicans , they'll be against it.
Oct 16 2014 03:24pm
Quote (Cellmat @ Oct 16 2014 05:05pm)
Then you are evading taxes and shouldn't get to vote anyway.

And I don't really see why you would bring up your brother, you state that he does have ID then use it as proof that he doesn't need ID?

You don't need Valid Id to pay taxes . Out of state Id is still Id, (which I stated my brother has) just not VALID id (for voting to the GOP)

What about kids in College who only have student id and don't have time to get VALID official voting ID? - Leave it to Texas morons to deny all who aren't old rich white farts
(their voting base)

This post was edited by card_sultan on Oct 16 2014 03:28pm
Oct 16 2014 03:35pm
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 16 2014 04:16pm)
so this would be evidence to you?

i made it for duffman to show him how illogical it is to consider tweets evidence, it took longer to upload the image than to alter the text in chrome.

http://i.imgur.com/1BZAoUJ.png

It also takes about  15 seconds to make a new twitter account to post things.

Tweets are far from "evidence"

Though I feel I should add that YES personal stories are evidence, so a hand written letter/complain to the BOE, an interview with someone, etc are valid. Though, a tweet is not anything to base judgement of a law off of.

I think you need to look up the the word evidence. Any statement - true or false - angry or troll - is 10000000% evidence.

Is one piece of evidence what determines laws?

Hardly.
Gold: 24,402.34
Oct 16 2014 03:36pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 16 Oct 2014 16:24)
You don't need Valid Id to pay taxes . Out of state Id is still Id, (which I stated my brother has) just not VALID id (for voting to the GOP)

What about kids in College who only have student id and don't have time to get VALID official voting ID? - Leave it to Texas morons to deny all who aren't old rich white farts
(their voting base)

I don't think anyone in this thread has tried to claim that out of state ID shouldn't be accepted as ID...

and I guess you aren't American? If you get a job they must verify your identity and eligibility to work in order to legally hire you. and if you file your taxes by paper you have to include a copy of your ID.
Oct 16 2014 03:46pm
Quote (Cellmat @ Oct 16 2014 05:36pm)
I don't think anyone in this thread has tried to claim that out of state ID shouldn't be accepted as ID...

and I guess you aren't American?  If you get a job they must verify your identity and eligibility to work in order to legally hire you.  and if you file your taxes by paper you have to include a copy of your ID.

There a huge difference between ID and what a state considers VALID Id (Just to vote for certain states) and the GOP (The King of Misinformation)
is using their ability to spin their mistruth that somehow this is actually good for America when it clearly isn't.
Gold: 500.00
Oct 16 2014 04:01pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Oct 16 2014 04:17pm)
Its also logical to think the Republicans are doing this for partisan reasons ,and that Republicans refuse to acknowledge those reasons.

If one instance ever is shown how this wont help Republicans , they'll be against it.

won't happen, not 1 republican poster on this forum had the balls to acknowledge that they only got excited about donald sterling because he was the long sought after example of a modern day racist democrat

why would they acknowledge this despite republicans being caught saying exactly this on video?

This post was edited by duffman316 on Oct 16 2014 04:03pm
Oct 16 2014 04:45pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Oct 16 2014 06:01pm)
won't happen, not 1 republican poster on this forum had the balls to acknowledge that they only got excited about donald sterling because he was the long sought after example of a modern day racist democrat

why would they acknowledge this despite republicans being caught saying exactly this on video?

Republican's only throw out the American Patriot flag when it suits them.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Oct 16 2014 04:46pm
Gold: 20.31
Oct 16 2014 06:47pm
It's an utterly terrible idea. Not only does it not in reality fix the alleged (read: mythical) problem that it was created to address, but it always ends up predictably disenfranchising a significant portion of the state population.

On the face of it the idea itself is not completely unworkable -- if a state government took it upon itself to foot the bill to make sure that it provides every eligible voter an ID as well as setting aside money to educate the population about the changes then it could work and it would work. However few state governments are interested in doing that because they're not actually interested in improving the integrity of our elections, they merely want to keep Democratic-leaning constituencies from voting because the Republican-controlled legislatures and governors who pass this garbage can't reliably compete in elections any longer.

That's why, unsurprisingly, they make people who lack sufficient ID jump through so many hoops -- go to an ever-shifting slate of offices with ever-changing hours of operation, require base documents in order to get your "free ID" that many people no longer have because they aren't vital or necessary, keep the state officials who implement the changes in the dark so they're unable to answer inquiries when they inevitably pop up. The whole thing is a facade that's being enacted by people who keep getting shit on in elections.
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 16 2014 07:06pm
Quote (Pollster @ Oct 16 2014 07:47pm)
It's an utterly terrible idea. Not only does it not in reality fix the alleged (read: mythical) problem that it was created to address, but it always ends up predictably disenfranchising a significant portion of the state population.

On the face of it the idea itself is not completely unworkable -- if a state government took it upon itself to foot the bill to make sure that it provides every eligible voter an ID as well as setting aside money to educate the population about the changes then it could work and it would work. However few state governments are interested in doing that because they're not actually interested in improving the integrity of our elections, they merely want to keep Democratic-leaning constituencies from voting because the Republican-controlled legislatures and governors who pass this garbage can't reliably compete in elections any longer.

That's why, unsurprisingly, they make people who lack sufficient ID jump through so many hoops -- go to an ever-shifting slate of offices with ever-changing hours of operation, require base documents in order to get your "free ID" that many people no longer have because they aren't vital or necessary, keep the state officials who implement the changes in the dark so they're unable to answer inquiries when they inevitably pop up. The whole thing is a facade that's being enacted by people who keep getting shit on in elections.

It's supposed to disenfranchise significant portions of the state population. They're called illegal aliens. They don't ACTUALLY have a franchise to be disenfranchised in the first place, but that's just semantics.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345614Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll