d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Nhl Officiating Is Now A Joke
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,172.34
Warn: 10%
Oct 20 2022 08:17pm
The NHL needs to take a hard look at the EIGHT penalties dished out in tonight's game in favor of the Leafs.

FOUR or FIVE of them were non-calls and the penalty at the end of the 3rd which gave them a PP to start OT was horrendous, "Like really you already handed them the game with 7 powerplays now you'll give them one to start OT?"

If you are going to call every single thing. It has to go both ways and it didn't.

Super disappointed now that the NHL officiating is dictating games like the NFL.

As a Stars fan I was super pumped for this game and the buzzkill wasn't them losing in OT but how refs HANDED them the game.

Just an FYI to Leafs fans out there who think that the game was called fair. If that's how it is all the time when teams play in Toronto it's no wonder you lose in the playoffs. Whole stadium crying for penalties because you can't score 5 on 5

What the fuck did I just watch? Cheerleading? :rofl:

This post was edited by SwamiVivekananda on Oct 20 2022 08:18pm
Gold: 17,801.00
Oct 20 2022 08:23pm
I try to have patience with officiating. It's a fast paced game that can be be tough to call in the heat of the moment.

That being said I do tend to get aggravated with officiating too. If you are watching a game between two teams as a neutral observer and get agitated at the officiating, I think that says something.

When my home team gets bad calls, missed call etc I try not to overeact knowing there is at least a little bit of internal bias. When there is not internal bias and you find yourself scratching your head often that shows there is a problem.
Oct 20 2022 08:31pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 20 Oct 2022 21:23)
I try to have patience with officiating. It's a fast paced game that can be be tough to call in the heat of the moment.

That being said I do tend to get aggravated with officiating too. If you are watching a game between two teams as a neutral observer and get agitated at the officiating, I think that says something.

When my home team gets bad calls, missed call etc I try not to overeact knowing there is at least a little bit of internal bias. When there is not internal bias and you find yourself scratching your head often that shows there is a problem.

That's 100 percent how I am and before the game started I'm like wow this is going to be an awesome game (let the boys play don't call anything unless shit gets out of hand).

As soon as Dallas went up 1-0 it was like an onslaught of penalties got called. I'm talking 4 in a row on the Stars and they killed them all off and a guy on the Leafs scored a SECOND after the penalty expired so in reality both of their goals were PP goals.

The one at the end of the 3rd I shut the game off and waited for the update on my phone but I knew Dallas would lose. You can't win when you are going against a high powered offense that just gets PP after PP because of trash officiating.

This is my first time seeing it get out of hand like this and I'm done. I watched like 10+ games so far this season and of course the game in Toronto after they lose to the Coyotes is the game where bullshit happens.

I was done with the NFL a while ago and I'm sure the NHL will find a way to fuck things up too.
Gold: 8,732.50
Oct 20 2022 08:32pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ 20 Oct 2022 19:17)
The NHL needs to take a hard look at the EIGHT penalties dished out in tonight's game in favor of the Leafs.

FOUR or FIVE of them were non-calls and the penalty at the end of the 3rd which gave them a PP to start OT was horrendous, "Like really you already handed them the game with 7 powerplays now you'll give them one to start OT?"

If you are going to call every single thing. It has to go both ways and it didn't.

Super disappointed now that the NHL officiating is dictating games like the NFL.

As a Stars fan I was super pumped for this game and the buzzkill wasn't them losing in OT but how refs HANDED them the game.

Just an FYI to Leafs fans out there who think that the game was called fair. If that's how it is all the time when teams play in Toronto it's no wonder you lose in the playoffs. Whole stadium crying for penalties because you can't score 5 on 5

What the fuck did I just watch? Cheerleading? :rofl:

Funny you say now... It's been a joke for at least 7 yrs...

They made their job harder by trying to manage games instead of just calling it as is.

This post was edited by Secksii on Oct 20 2022 08:34pm
Oct 20 2022 08:39pm
Quote (Secksii @ 20 Oct 2022 21:32)
Funny you say now... It's been a joke for at least 7 yrs...

They made their job harder by trying to manage games instead of just calling it as is.

I always knew there was problems but it's not normally blatantly obvious the way it was in this game.

Like I said I watched a good 10+ games of other teams that aren't my team and all the calls seemed perfectly legitimate maybe 1 bad call a game.

4 or 5 bad calls though. Jesus Christ. (5 Powerplays for the Leafs in the 2nd period alone lmao)(It was the two at the end of the 3rd that were BAD)

Can't wait to hear the post game comments from Jamie Benn and the gang, "Well when the refs aren't on your side and give 8 powerplays to a great team you aren't going to win".

The Stars are LUCKY they tied with how bad that was.

Fuck been watching hockey for 20 years now and like damn what happened to the good ol days :cry:

This post was edited by SwamiVivekananda on Oct 20 2022 08:42pm
Gold: 1,153.00
Oct 20 2022 09:19pm
Just be more disciplined :ph34r:
Gold: 10.55
Oct 20 2022 09:38pm
Didnt read the whole thing, but can i just point out that you said four or five of the 8 penalties were non-calls. So which is it? Were they called penalties or not? Lmao
Gold: 1,392.04
Oct 20 2022 10:19pm
Quote (Slimesy @ Oct 20 2022 11:38pm)
Didnt read the whole thing, but can i just point out that you said four or five of the 8 penalties were non-calls. So which is it? Were they called penalties or not? Lmao

Dn8
Oct 20 2022 10:22pm
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ 20 Oct 2022 22:19)
Just be more disciplined :ph34r:

Can't argue with you there Dallas has been in the box a lot this season that being said I've watched every game and this was the FIRST one where I was like, "That's not a penalty" multiple times.

Quote (Slimesy @ 20 Oct 2022 22:38)

Everyone was called a penalty on the ice of course but as a fan of hockey that was just embarrassing. You ever watch the "Roughing the passer" calls in the NFL where you go, "WTF that was just a tackle?". I've now lived to see that happen in hockey which is sad AF.

Ironic that it happens in "Toronto" where they are suppose to "always get it right". They gave the Leafs that game and it was pathetic. I had never shut off a game that my team was playing in even if they were down 5-0. When they called the penalty at the end of the 3rd and I knew Toronto would be on a PP in OT I shut it off.

Been a Stars fan since 1999 and just today I rage quit. Thanks refs(I know their job is extremely hard and the game happens so fast but it's your job do it right)
Gold: 10.55
Oct 20 2022 10:31pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Oct 20 2022 09:22pm)
Can't argue with you there Dallas has been in the box a lot this season that being said I've watched every game and this was the FIRST one where I was like, "That's not a penalty" multiple times.

Everyone was called a penalty on the ice of course but as a fan of hockey that was just embarrassing. You ever watch the "Roughing the passer" calls in the NFL where you go, "WTF that was just a tackle?". I've now lived to see that happen in hockey which is sad AF.

Ironic that it happens in "Toronto" where they are suppose to "always get it right". They gave the Leafs that game and it was pathetic. I had never shut off a game that my team was playing in even if they were down 5-0. When they called the penalty at the end of the 3rd and I knew Toronto would be on a PP in OT I shut it off.

Been a Stars fan since 1999 and just today I rage quit. Thanks refs(I know their job is extremely hard and the game happens so fast but it's your job do it right)

Then they werent non-calls lol
But my god they've really got you rattled lmao
I'm a lions fan m8. Theres no amount of bad reffing that can add up to what a lions fan experiences. You'll get over it. It is only one game just remember that.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll