d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Christians And Science
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Oct 29 2021 08:45pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Oct 28 2021 12:57pm)
i never took the mensa test, here (well, maybe not just here idk) you have to pay for it monthly and gain pretty much nothing :( i did some iq tests online and the results were very variable, so lets just say im calling sus on the results and have no idea if i could pass that test :cry:

and well, for most people the whole religion thing is culture much more than nature so if we eliminate the outlier high iq autists (explained for them), for other people it goes something like this. lets group them as midwits (above average iq but not higher than 125~130), averages and...well, dimwits :( and we live in a time of relative social comfort. the religiosity of people in those times falls because well, lets just say many people dont turn to god when they are happy. so as times get safer, there is a narrative shift from religious to less religious.

midwits can see the cultural narrative shifts more so than the other groups, apart from outlier high iq people. the problem is that outlier high iq people are 1) rare and 2) even though they see the narrative shift, they are high in autism traits and dont feel the need to conform to those shifts. so midwits lead the way. a midwit sees that people are becoming less religious, he wants to show that hes conforming to it, so he immediately puts a dawkins painting above his bed and starts putting "i fucking love science" memes on facebook. people with iq lower than midwits simply dont see the narrative shift and remain the same.

basically what im trying to say my thinking is, higher iq people are more likely to be atheistic *at this time* because thats the current narrative shift. watch in a few years after when everything goes to shit how the narrative changes to more religious and how the avg iq of the religious person rises :P you can check that by testing something that doesnt have much to do with religion, for example higher iq people now tend to be more "climate friendly", more liberal, more vegan, more communist, more likely to own a pet instead of having kids etc, simply because thats where the narrative is going and they see it and have the need to conform to it :(

as for religion, due to the fine tuning argument (both sides agree on this), it is literally "we were created" or "there is a very big number of universes and we are just in the right one". neither have conclusive evidence. to every "if there is a god, why cant we see him" there is a "if there are parallel universes, why cant we see any proof of them", and due to the things i saw cause im old af, i tend to lean towards creationism. but i do understand that as you said, science changes and who knows, there might be different studies and different evidence tomorrow :blush: !

have you looked into "simulation hypothesis" ?

check this dude out. hes no IQ slouch (short vid 6:45 min long)
Dr. James Tour - "I don't understand evolution"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO6Dv7V_jUY

do you want to know how smart i am?
I was offered a IQ test once and i declined. I am at least that smart :)

i remember some guy from mensa thats a christian. ill try to remember his name.
ah? here it is a short vid of the dude
Testimony of Dr. Charles Jackson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHoSmVBDfAA

all kinds of people come to Christ

This post was edited by TiStuff on Oct 29 2021 09:03pm
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 30 2021 01:32am
Quote (TiStuff @ Oct 29 2021 07:45pm)
have you looked into "simulation hypothesis" ?

check this dude out. hes no IQ slouch (short vid 6:45 min long)
Dr. James Tour - "I don't understand evolution"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO6Dv7V_jUY

do you want to know how smart i am?
I was offered a IQ test once and i declined. I am at least that smart :)

i remember some guy from mensa thats a christian. ill try to remember his name.
ah? here it is a short vid of the dude
Testimony of Dr. Charles Jackson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHoSmVBDfAA

all kinds of people come to Christ

Yeah! I've watched these and looked into these. Powerful stuff isn't it? We all just do our best to make sense of this crazy world :)

I have never been offered an IQ test. Had to take one 3 times. Once when I was homeschooled for a Co-op, once for college, once for work. Annoying... Lol.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll