d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Christians And Science
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 27 2021 11:38am
As someone who has dabbled in theology, creator theory, and advanced theoretical mathematics. I had no idea there were so many other Christians in the STEM field...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology#:~:text=Robert%20Boyle%20(1627%E2%80%931691)%3A,theologian%2C%20scientist%2C%20and%20mathematician.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 30%
Oct 27 2021 02:21pm
well of course there are, its a widespread religion :blush:

i mean yes the higher iq you have, the less likely you are to be religious (religiousness is inversely correlated with iq), that is proven multiple times and very easily seen in any group. but the part people dont know, is that the lack of religiousness in intelligent people is not related to g, meaning its not the general intelligence (g factor) that makes you less religious, the current theory is that it is the autism that comes with it. meaning that if you have an outlier high iq but no autism traits, you have the same likelihood of being religious than not religious :unsure: note that this applies only to outlier high iq people (those who actually did something in science), midwits and those below have different rules of "picking their side"

after all, multiple universe (or megaverse) theory is the only viable alternative to creationism and it has zero proof, so its kinda weird to me when someone says "oh im sure there is no god" but "yeah theres definitely parallel universes" when we havent seen proof of either <_< at least god theory has good reason why we havent seen him (interferes with free will when you know something that outranks you watches your every move), so i think a good scientist should know this and just pick his side based on what he likes more or what his family taught him :blush:
Gold: 100.00
Oct 27 2021 02:25pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Oct 27 2021 03:21pm)

i mean yes the higher iq you have, the less likely you are to be religious (religiousness is inversely correlated with iq), that is proven multiple times and very easily seen in any group. but the part people dont know, is that the lack of religiousness in intelligent people is not related to g, meaning its not the general intelligence (g factor) that makes you less religious, the current theory is that it is the autism that comes with it. meaning that if you have an outlier high iq but no autism traits, you have the same likelihood of being religious than not religious :unsure: note that this applies only to outlier high iq people (those who actually did something in science), midwits and those below have different rules of "picking their side"

after all, multiple universe (or megaverse) theory is the only viable alternative to creationism and it has zero proof, so its kinda weird to me when someone says "oh im sure there is no god" but "yeah theres definitely parallel universes" when we havent seen proof of either <_< at least god theory has good reason why we havent seen him (interferes with free will when you know something that outranks you watches your every move), so i think a good scientist should know this and just pick his side based on what he likes more or what his family taught him :blush:

Does the autism piece limit an ability to be religious?
Oct 27 2021 02:28pm
Quote (brute12 @ Oct 27 2021 10:25pm)
Does the autism piece limit an ability to be religious?

pretty much from what ive seen :wacko: they are kinda locked in their thoughts, they need to systematize and understand everything, if they dont, it doesnt exist to them :wacko:
Oct 27 2021 02:30pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Oct 27 2021 03:28pm)
pretty much from what ive seen :wacko: they are kinda locked in their thoughts, they need to systematize and understand everything, if they dont, it doesnt exist to them :wacko:

Fascinating, I’ve never heard (never really cared to look into it that much) that adjusted for autism intelligence and religiosity are not mutually exclusive.
Oct 27 2021 02:39pm
Quote (brute12 @ Oct 27 2021 10:30pm)
Fascinating, I’ve never heard (never really cared to look into it that much) that adjusted for autism intelligence and religiosity are not mutually exclusive.

well apparently no one has thought of testing that until recently :wacko: but here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrsQY9Bw-kk

note that this guy is high iq autistic (and a complete atheist due to that), so he has the weird desire to search for the facts of all kinds so he is usually a good source of information. even completely unnecessary ones, for example how the length of your taint (distance from balls to anus) is correlated with testosterone level :wacko:
Oct 27 2021 02:39pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Oct 27 2021 03:39pm)
well apparently no one has thought of testing that until recently :wacko: but here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrsQY9Bw-kk

note that this guy is high iq autistic (and a complete atheist due to that), so he has the weird desire to search for the facts of all kinds so he is usually a good source of information. even completely unnecessary ones, for example how the length of your taint (distance from balls to anus) is correlated with testosterone level :wacko:

Hmmm… so big taint is good or bad? That’s the new question I have.
Oct 27 2021 02:42pm
Quote (brute12 @ Oct 27 2021 10:39pm)
Hmmm… so big taint is good or bad? That’s the new question I have.

not sure but i think the more test, the bigger the taint :lol: i havent really learned that even though people still make fun of him in weekly shows for researching that in the first place :lol:
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 27 2021 05:52pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Oct 27 2021 01:21pm)

I've seen these theories float around the MENSA forums in recent years. Are you a member of MENSA also? The only issue I take with your statements is that you claim that it's "proven" that IQ levels and theism have a correlation. There is just as many if not more published studies that prove the opposite. But yes I have seen some scientists and psychologists try and corelate autism with theism to a moderate degree of success. Unfortunately this too has just as many published studies proving the opposite. But such is Science. Wait a few months and there will be more studies to aide or disprove you haha.
Oct 28 2021 01:57pm
Quote (Mitsu3000GT @ Oct 28 2021 01:52am)
I've seen these theories float around the MENSA forums in recent years. Are you a member of MENSA also? The only issue I take with your statements is that you claim that it's "proven" that IQ levels and theism have a correlation. There is just as many if not more published studies that prove the opposite. But yes I have seen some scientists and psychologists try and corelate autism with theism to a moderate degree of success. Unfortunately this too has just as many published studies proving the opposite. But such is Science. Wait a few months and there will be more studies to aide or disprove you haha.

i never took the mensa test, here (well, maybe not just here idk) you have to pay for it monthly and gain pretty much nothing :( i did some iq tests online and the results were very variable, so lets just say im calling sus on the results and have no idea if i could pass that test :cry:

and well, for most people the whole religion thing is culture much more than nature so if we eliminate the outlier high iq autists (explained for them), for other people it goes something like this. lets group them as midwits (above average iq but not higher than 125~130), averages and...well, dimwits :( and we live in a time of relative social comfort. the religiosity of people in those times falls because well, lets just say many people dont turn to god when they are happy. so as times get safer, there is a narrative shift from religious to less religious.

midwits can see the cultural narrative shifts more so than the other groups, apart from outlier high iq people. the problem is that outlier high iq people are 1) rare and 2) even though they see the narrative shift, they are high in autism traits and dont feel the need to conform to those shifts. so midwits lead the way. a midwit sees that people are becoming less religious, he wants to show that hes conforming to it, so he immediately puts a dawkins painting above his bed and starts putting "i fucking love science" memes on facebook. people with iq lower than midwits simply dont see the narrative shift and remain the same.

basically what im trying to say my thinking is, higher iq people are more likely to be atheistic *at this time* because thats the current narrative shift. watch in a few years after when everything goes to shit how the narrative changes to more religious and how the avg iq of the religious person rises :P you can check that by testing something that doesnt have much to do with religion, for example higher iq people now tend to be more "climate friendly", more liberal, more vegan, more communist, more likely to own a pet instead of having kids etc, simply because thats where the narrative is going and they see it and have the need to conform to it :(

as for religion, due to the fine tuning argument (both sides agree on this), it is literally "we were created" or "there is a very big number of universes and we are just in the right one". neither have conclusive evidence. to every "if there is a god, why cant we see him" there is a "if there are parallel universes, why cant we see any proof of them", and due to the things i saw cause im old af, i tend to lean towards creationism. but i do understand that as you said, science changes and who knows, there might be different studies and different evidence tomorrow :blush: !
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll