d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > I Was Wrong About Trump > I Wish Hillary Had Won Now...
Prev1234513Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 19 2018 09:34am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 19 2018 09:32am)
The laws were already chosen. If you want to change then change them, otherwise stay in your lane

What does that have to do with what I said tho
Gold: 18,534.02
Jun 19 2018 09:40am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 19 2018 09:19am)
sure we do, that's a basic tenant of law enforcement. u can't catch all criminals, so you direct law enforcement to focus on certain areas of crime more than others. ever wonder why your local precinct doesnt have a "cyber crimes unit" like on CSI?

honestly i never thought that people needed an intro to CJ class so badly until this topic came up and people got terrible confused by terms like "zero tolerance" and "discretion". interesting to find out how ignorant people are about law enforcement.

lol. You took that sentence the wrong direction.... The law is the law, and it is that literal. Of course you can't catch every criminals and cops prioritize one crime over another. That doesn't change the fact that if I don't get to pick which laws I don't want to follow.

Gold: 57.00
Jun 19 2018 09:43am
Quote (djman72 @ 19 Jun 2018 11:40)
lol. You took that sentence the wrong direction.... The law is the law, and it is that literal. Of course you can't catch every criminals and cops prioritize one crime over another. That doesn't change the fact that if I don't get to pick which laws I don't want to follow.

i do 72 in a 65 zone and dont get pulled over. checkmate bigot!!!!
Jun 19 2018 09:52am
Quote (djman72 @ Jun 19 2018 09:40am)

yes, it does.

Quote (excellence @ Jun 19 2018 09:43am)
i do 72 in a 65 zone and dont get pulled over. checkmate bigot!!!!

like this. cops don't enforce the speed zone. and as a result you knowingly break the law. but if you lived in a town like Rosendale WI which is famous for enforcing their speed limits and ticketing even 1-2 MPH over the limit you'd act differently.

in a more practical example ICE could be directed to handle cases differently, or focus more efforts on border patrols, or could spend their limited spending in conjunction with the IRS to track down illegals through employment, or any other number of ways to handle this current situation.

taking it to the level of the individual seems a bit silly, they're illegals who have no rights, but also subject to the specifics of our laws?

this issue, overblown that it is, is a law enforcement issue. there is some legislation issue at play, because their tactics are perfectly legal. but it's a law enforcement issue coming from the DoJ spiced up with regional differences.

overall there's a false narrative that the DoJ is somehow bound by the law in separating the families, they aren't. they are using discretion.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 19 2018 09:53am
Gold: 18,534.02
Jun 19 2018 10:05am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 19 2018 10:52am)
yes, it does.

like this. cops don't enforce the speed zone. and as a result you knowingly break the law. but if you lived in a town like Rosendale WI which is famous for enforcing their speed limits and ticketing even 1-2 MPH over the limit you'd act differently.

in a more practical example ICE could be directed to handle cases differently, or focus more efforts on border patrols, or could spend their limited spending in conjunction with the IRS to track down illegals through employment, or any other number of ways to handle this current situation.

taking it to the level of the individual seems a bit silly, they're illegals who have no rights, but also subject to the specifics of our laws?

this issue, overblown that it is, is a law enforcement issue. there is some legislation issue at play, because their tactics are perfectly legal. but it's a law enforcement issue coming from the DoJ spiced up with regional differences.

overall there's a false narrative that the DoJ is somehow bound by the law in separating the families, they aren't. they are using discretion.

Fuck it, lets go kill someone and see if we get arrested by a cop that'll use "discretion"

Gold: 40,847.70
Jun 19 2018 10:06am

This is all Democrats' fault anyway, lol.

Jun 19 2018 10:12am
Quote (djman72 @ Jun 19 2018 10:05am)
Fuck it, lets go kill someone and see if we get arrested by a cop that'll use "discretion"

that's a calculated risk. but you're applying "discretion" wrong in this case. policing models are designed to enforce violent crimes more harshly. the amount of money that goes into a murder investigation compared to petty theft is massively different. is that law? of course not, it's at the discretion of law enforcement. If they so chose they could chase rabbits down holes on petty crimes, and more people would get away with murder.

i really don't understand why so many people are having issues with these concepts. maybe you've just never thought about how law enforcement works in reality, and assumed that because they're "law enforcement" that every aspect of their profession is dictated by law.

discretion applies both to the action of an officer on the beat, and the structure of the department. maybe that will help u understand what i meant.
Gold: 1.50
Jun 19 2018 10:13am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 19 2018 11:12am)
that's a calculated risk. but you're applying "discretion" wrong in this case. policing models are designed to enforce violent crimes more harshly. the amount of money that goes into a murder investigation compared to petty theft is massively different. is that law? of course not, it's at the discretion of law enforcement. If they so chose they could chase rabbits down holes on petty crimes, and more people would get away with murder.

i really don't understand why so many people are having issues with these concepts. maybe you've just never thought about how law enforcement works in reality, and assumed that because they're "law enforcement" that every aspect of their profession is dictated by law.

discretion applies both to the action of an officer on the beat, and the structure of the department. maybe that will help u understand what i meant.

You're going to have to convert it into a meme format if you want the DJman89374598 to understand.
Jun 19 2018 10:15am
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Jun 19 2018 10:13am)
You're going to have to convert it into a meme format if you want the DJman89374598 to understand.

hey man, get the number right. it's 72, for the number of virgins he was promised after death as a devout follower of the Prophet.
Gold: 4,383.11
Jun 19 2018 10:29am
Quote (Goomshill @ 19 Jun 2018 15:40)
Jesus Trump is a fucking monster. I don't understand how the republicans can be so heartless. Just last week I was with a 12 year old girl I had kidnapped and pretended I was her parent- and since she was a central american girl trafficked through the border illegally there was an 80% chance she was raped- BUT THEY HAD NO WAY TO KNOW- and broke a window and climbed into a republican family's house and demanded they give me free healthcare, clothes, education, recreation and a roof over my head. And the fucking republicans were so heartless than they SEPARATED CHILDREN FROM THEIR PARENTS and arrested me and first transferred us through a processing center for a few hours where we had to be separated by chain links and sleep on mats with mylar sheets until the paperwork went through, and then my 'daughter' was sent to an HHS youth facility where she was IMPRISONED like a fucking CONCENTRATION CAMP. You know, where she got free healthcare, clothes, education, recreation and a roof over her head for 50 days at $750 a day for $37,500 dollars out of the pockets of those fucking inhuman nazi republicans. She got to watch movies, play soccer, receive three nutritious meals a day, had doctors, kitchen staff and teachers to serve her. And then they had to gall to compare it to a SUMMER CAMP. Can you believe that? They actually tried comparing this lockup to a summer camp. I've been to summer camps in my life and it never cost $750 per day lmao :rofl:

https://i.imgur.com/zUmZQPF.jpg

I immediately repented and am going to vote straight democratic ticket in 2018. So is my illegal alien 'daughter' and all my dead great-grandparents, fuck drumpf

looks like auschwitz
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234513Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll