d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Movie Club 11: Oslo, 31. August > June 17 - June 30
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,979.69
Jun 22 2018 12:22am
Quote (Happypuppy @ Jun 21 2018 10:32pm)
So in the movie club do you watch it all together and have a group chat to discuss while it's playing?

Or watch it independently and comment later in a thread... because if that's the case there's only like 10 regulars in this sub and I don't see the point lol

Maybe comment right away when you have seen, put in spoiler tag if there is some spoiler worthy... oh wait, still no spoiler tags here :P Maybe a warning beforehand then - then reply if you got something to say about the comment
I've got usually very little to say
Jun 26 2018 04:06am
1 viewer so far? :P
Gold: 10,025.00
Jun 26 2018 03:16pm
Quote (BebebBurns @ Jun 26 2018 03:06am)
1 viewer so far? :P

I'm planning on watching it Thursday. My life has been hectic lately.
Gold: 102.37
Jun 28 2018 08:01am
Couldn't find a source with proper english subs so I watched a German dub.
Well it's a movie I guess, an incredible boring one.
I dont mind films in which nothing happens but then it has to offer something. Some good dialogues, cinematogrophy, acting or something else to keep my attention. Oslo didn't offer anything of that to me. It completely failed to involve me emotionally.
German dub was alright but nothing too great so I can't judge the acting. I guess it's something you would expect from this kind of movie. Melancholic, toned down dialogues, a bit wimpy without going overboard with it.
It's a slice of life with an ex drug addict, from the first minute on nothing too suprising happens, everything you would expect. How to deal with work, how to cope with your social life, anxiety,
disenchanted protagonist etc.

I am sorry, I don't want to sound too harsh but I realy didn't like it ^^
At least it wasn't some pretentious overly inteltectual garbage and I liked some of the tracks. Besides Daft Punk I got the chance to discover some new music. Torgny does some realy cool stuff.
In my opinion it doesn't add anything to the "drug addiction" movie genre. But well, that's just my opinion and doesn't mean shit. I hope you guys will like the movie more than I did.
Jun 28 2018 08:36am
Quote (ChuzzeL @ Jun 28 2018 04:01pm)
Couldn't find a source with proper english subs so I watched a German dub.
Well it's a movie I guess, an incredible boring one.
I dont mind films in which nothing happens but then it has to offer something. Some good dialogues, cinematogrophy, acting or something else to keep my attention. Oslo didn't offer anything of that to me. It completely failed to involve me emotionally.
German dub was alright but nothing too great so I can't judge the acting. I guess it's something you would expect from this kind of movie. Melancholic, toned down dialogues, a bit wimpy without going overboard with it.
It's a slice of life with an ex drug addict, from the first minute on nothing too suprising happens, everything you would expect. How to deal with work, how to cope with your social life, anxiety,
disenchanted protagonist etc.

I am sorry, I don't want to sound too harsh but I realy didn't like it ^^
At least it wasn't some pretentious overly inteltectual garbage and I liked some of the tracks. Besides Daft Punk I got the chance to discover some new music. Torgny does some realy cool stuff.
In my opinion it doesn't add anything to the "drug addiction" movie genre. But well, that's just my opinion and doesn't mean shit. I hope you guys will like the movie more than I did.

i adored mis en scene / cinematography on it even tho it kinda wasn't special but then again i watched in cinemas, dunno what kind of rip you watched (at least for me it can be huge immersion factor)
to me this is more an existential / depression movie than just a drug addict movie
this is remake of french film Fire Withing by Louis Malle but it gotta say i much prefer this one
Jun 28 2018 09:40am
Quote (BebebBurns @ 28 Jun 2018 15:36)
i adored mis en scene / cinematography on it even tho it kinda wasn't special but then again i watched in cinemas, dunno what kind of rip you watched (at least for me it can be huge immersion factor)
to me this is more an existential / depression movie than just a drug addict movie
this is remake of french film Fire Withing by Louis Malle but it gotta say i much prefer this one

Watched it on my tv in 1080p, and although a cinema helps I don't realy need it to fully imerse myself in a movie.
Don't know, just nothing about this movie kicked me. And yeah the focus in this movie is definitely not on drugs.

Got a bluray collection of Malle which includes The Fire Within. Going to check it out in the next couple of days so I can compare those two.
Jun 29 2018 06:54am
Quote (ChuzzeL @ Jun 28 2018 05:40pm)
Watched it on my tv in 1080p, and although a cinema helps I don't realy need it to fully imerse myself in a movie.
Don't know, just nothing about this movie kicked me. And yeah the focus in this movie is definitely not on drugs.

Got a bluray collection of Malle which includes The Fire Within. Going to check it out in the next couple of days so I can compare those two.

Curious, have you ever been seriously suicidal? Could that have been how you couldn't relate?
Jun 29 2018 06:56am
The lead actor is full-time practicing medical doctor and he was meant to stop acting after this movie but he continued after a few year which im glad of
Jun 29 2018 08:02am
Quote (BebebBurns @ 29 Jun 2018 13:54)
Curious, have you ever been seriously suicidal? Could that have been how you couldn't relate?

dafuq? no ^^
Gold: 39,837.69
Jun 29 2018 08:07am
Quote (BebebBurns @ Jun 29 2018 07:54am)

wtf
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll