d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MOBA > League of Legends > Good Interview With Faker On His Future
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll
Gold: 632.75
May 24 2018 11:48am
Quote (MrDuDu @ May 24 2018 01:40pm)
Legend of pro gaming >makes millions to play video games > " I wouldnt let my kids be pro gamers"

I think his intentions are to not want his kids to play pro. Regardless of the poor translation.

A small translation error cant really change that whole point, that would be a bunch of translation errors within that paragraph.

But it's odd that he says its special and unique experience but then basically says I dont want my kids to have a special or unique experience.

I just think those couple of words for translation were most likely a poor choice.

Quote (FroggyG @ May 24 2018 01:46pm)
Streaming also requires certain personalities and a lot of luck
It's like becoming a celebrity

Maybe what Faker meant was "I won't let my kids work to become pro gamers"
Not "I won't let them be pro gamers"

This sounds plausible

This post was edited by Ramy on May 24 2018 11:49am
Gold: 11,376.21
May 24 2018 11:49am
Quote (FroggyG @ May 24 2018 01:46pm)
Streaming also requires certain personalities and a lot of luck
It's like becoming a celebrity

Maybe what Faker meant was "I won't let my kids work to become pro gamers"
Not "I won't let them be pro gamers"

Yeah thats what I would assume he meant. I mean the way I view it is ,most of these kids know if they have pro potential by their late teen years, spend your late teens/early 20s chasing that dream. If you fail, who gives a shit you have the rest of your life to go back to school/pursue whatever you want. If you make it, you could be potentially set for life. It's not easy by any means but its also not physically damaging like other sports. It's not like where football players and boxers realize they arent going pro so quit because they want to remember their own name when they're 40.

This post was edited by MrDuDu on May 24 2018 11:50am
Gold: 0.00
May 24 2018 11:50am
Quote (Ramy @ May 24 2018 12:48pm)
I think his intentions are to not want his kids to play pro. Regardless of the poor translation.

A small translation error cant really change that whole point, that would be a bunch of translation errors within that paragraph.

But it's odd that he says its special and unique experience but then basically says I dont want my kids to have a special or unique experience.

I just think those couple of words for translation were most likely a poor choice.

it might be that in other countries there are literally schools that will train for video games.. perhaps he just doesnt want them to choose that as their main path. That is how I would read it.
May 24 2018 11:51am
Quote (Astroglide420 @ May 24 2018 01:50pm)
it might be that in other countries there are literally schools that will train for video games.. perhaps he just doesnt want them to choose that as their main path. That is how I would read it.

Yeah lol thats how I would assume he meant it. Would be pretty funny if like 10-15 yrs down the road faker has a son thats a prodigy of gaming and hes like "fk ur shit kid, ur going to school to be a doctor. no gaming for u"

This post was edited by MrDuDu on May 24 2018 11:55am
Gold: 3.31
May 24 2018 11:51am
Quote (MrDuDu @ May 24 2018 12:30pm)
yeah im not sure what he meant by it lol. Pro gaming is a very weird career but there are millions of worse jobs out there.

but those millions of worse jobs aren't careers

no one really knows the fate of pro gamers after their 3-5year exposure.

2years down the road will LOL still be competitive?

seems weird that they call themselves progamers but they're only pros in 1 game.. seems like youre putting all your marbles in 1 basket... imagine if the meta changes and you're terrible... break your wrist and you cant play... game changes so much the fanbase leaves..

personally id be pretty scared of committing so hard to videogames... 26year old looking for a job whose only experience is playing LOL 24/7?

edit; obviously faker doesnt have to worry about that bc apparently he makes millions/year but what about all the other lesser known pros... they're boosting ppl part time and streaming full time with hopes of becoming pro right?

This post was edited by PinataParty on May 24 2018 11:52am
May 24 2018 11:53am
Quote (PinataParty @ May 24 2018 01:51pm)

seems weird that they call themselves progamers but they're only pros in 1 game.. seems like youre putting all your marbles in 1 basket... imagine if the meta changes and you're terrible... break your wrist and you cant play... game changes so much the fanbase leaves..

personally id be pretty scared of committing so hard to videogames... 26year old looking for a job whose only experience is playing LOL 24/7?

Thats how a lot of celebrities or even just rich people get to where they're at. Take a risk with no safety net and sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesnt. You can find plenty of examples of it in hollywood, music industry, business, and even streaming now.

This post was edited by MrDuDu on May 24 2018 11:53am
Gold: 632.75
May 24 2018 11:54am
Quote (PinataParty @ May 24 2018 01:51pm)

Team building skills, dedication etc. Shouldnt be a terrible experience the only thing missing is an education really.
Cant be much worse than a student out of college with no experience.
Gold: 25.20
May 24 2018 11:56am
Quote (MrDuDu @ May 24 2018 11:53am)
Thats how a lot of celebrities or even just rich people get to where they're at. Take a risk with no safety net and sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesnt. You can find plenty of examples of it in hollywood, music industry, business, and even streaming now.

Chris Pratt was literally homeless before he got his job on Parks & Recreation which exploded him into being one of the most known movie celebs in the world now

Some of these people risk everything lol

This post was edited by FroggyG on May 24 2018 11:58am
Gold: 1.69
May 24 2018 05:55pm
I don't really agree with your tl:dr, I had a different message from it.
Faker is really eloquent. I'm not sure if it is just a professional grade translator making his words seem very alive but they have quite a bit of impact.

Quote (Ramy @ 24 May 2018 13:21)
Lol is it just me or is the translation possibly making faker sound bad

Sound bad? Korean culture is different from snowflake Americans, parents have heavy sway in the job fields of their children.

This post was edited by ChrisKz on May 24 2018 05:56pm
Gold: 150.00
Warn: 50%
May 24 2018 05:56pm
Quote (FroggyG @ May 25 2018 03:41am)
You literally have to dedicate your life to it. 0 free time and tons of stress to perform.
Not to mention you could put all this effort into being a pro and then just fail.

And if you don't become a pro, the skills you learn aren't exactly transferable to the outside world.
Full dedication for potentially no reward.

Literally no different than any other professional sport

Go outside
Go Back To League of Legends Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll