d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > 13 Reasons Why > Season 2
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.50
Jun 2 2018 05:12am
Quote (Warlock316 @ Jun 2 2018 12:18am)
if i was raped with a broomstick, i think id snap too and kill all those fucks

Or you could do what none of these stupid ass kids have even thought of doing ever... contact the police. Dumb show.
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Jun 2 2018 08:01am
Trash show
Gold: 8,355.04
Jun 2 2018 08:27am
Quote (xmarksdaspot2124 @ Jun 2 2018 07:12am)
Or you could do what none of these stupid ass kids have even thought of doing ever... contact the police. Dumb show.

Agreed
Gold: 23.00
Jun 2 2018 09:05am
Show jumped the shark multiple times in the second season.

It was fucking horrible. I watched it all but it had sooooo much lazy writing that it was borderline garbage.

Season one was a solid 7/10 imo. I liked it for the most part.

Season two I'd put around a 4/10.
Gold: 4.37
Jun 2 2018 10:39am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jun 2 2018 03:05pm)
Show jumped the shark multiple times in the second season.

It was fucking horrible. I watched it all but it had sooooo much lazy writing that it was borderline garbage.

Season one was a solid 7/10 imo. I liked it for the most part.

Season two I'd put around a 4/10.

Care to explain further?

I didn’t feel that way at all.
Jun 2 2018 12:44pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Jun 2 2018 12:39pm)
Care to explain further?

I didn’t feel that way at all.

The whole taking pictures of them raping people was horrible writing. They tried saying it was insurance to make sure what happened in the clubhouse stayed in the clubhouse which makes it even dumber. Wouldn't not having tangible evidence be a better way to make sure what happened there stayed there?

The whole fucking stupid idea that people are broken and need time to fix themselves whenever they are about to be in a relationship is ridiculous. It is such a cheap cop out and it is an insult to people with actual mental illnesses and problems. It reminds me of those CW shows when a couple can't be together because one person had a traumatic experience and needs time. No one fucking does that in real life. It is so cheesy and lame that it completely kills any emotion invested in the scene.

The school celebrating a guy being accused of multiple rapes.... I feel like this is self explanatory.

The whole atmosphere at school is so unrealistic that it almost makes the show unwatchable. They tried way too hard to push their agenda when they should have focused on making the story believable which in turn would also help people relate more.

The writing was fucking atrocious too. It had no substance to it and had a generic soap opera feel to it.
Jun 2 2018 01:15pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jun 2 2018 06:44pm)
The whole taking pictures of them raping people was horrible writing. They tried saying it was insurance to make sure what happened in the clubhouse stayed in the clubhouse which makes it even dumber. Wouldn't not having tangible evidence be a better way to make sure what happened there stayed there?

The whole fucking stupid idea that people are broken and need time to fix themselves whenever they are about to be in a relationship is ridiculous. It is such a cheap cop out and it is an insult to people with actual mental illnesses and problems. It reminds me of those CW shows when a couple can't be together because one person had a traumatic experience and needs time. No one fucking does that in real life. It is so cheesy and lame that it completely kills any emotion invested in the scene.

The school celebrating a guy being accused of multiple rapes.... I feel like this is self explanatory.

The whole atmosphere at school is so unrealistic that it almost makes the show unwatchable. They tried way too hard to push their agenda when they should have focused on making the story believable which in turn would also help people relate more.

The writing was fucking atrocious too. It had no substance to it and had a generic soap opera feel to it.

I'm not here to argue, but I will counter your points because I share a very different opinion than yours.

The clubhouse was self incriminating, and while I agree with you that the "insurance" aspect of it was silly, people do self incriminating things all the time. It happens every single day on social media, and it's quite comical how incautious people can be. Example.....I've worked part time at toys r us for 11 years, and as you may know they are gong out of business. Stores were told that the Geoffrey giraffe mascot costumes were to be sent back to the distribution centers, but people actually have stolen them, taking them home and posted their THEFT on Facebook......I saw one literally 1 hour ago.

People can very well be "broken" after a relationship, or traumatic experience that would make them think twice about pursing their normal life. Humans have emotions and they greatly vary between individuals. The fact that you say nobody does that in real life shows ignorance. You are an speck of dust in this world, as am I, and this can and does happen. You cannot say that out of the 7 billion people on this planet, time to heal/cope doesn't happen.....

Bryce being put on a pedestal all the time alludes to people being in power have the ability to get away with their mistakes/crimes. Again, literally happens all the time. Alternatively, in the show, people were scared of Bryce and his friends, and in some cases, people didn't want to believe the truth......Just like his mom questioning on whether her son was actually capable of being that person....which she found out was true.

A day time soap opera has far worse writing than this. This is a modern day Degrassi for a more mature audience. I don't find the writing atrocious by any means, and additionally, I find the acting quite good.

You have to realize that this show is basing scenarios off of events that can and have happened in real life. Yes, the tapes is a storytelling gimmick, but the events that happen to individuals do occur and the show strives to tell what to do, what not to do, and cause in an effect in a social atmosphere.

Watch beyond 13 reasons why, they didn't make decisions about the show lightly, and A LOT of research was done.
Jun 2 2018 01:23pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Jun 2 2018 03:15pm)
I'm not here to argue, but I will counter your points because I share a very different opinion than yours.

The clubhouse was self incriminating, and while I agree with you that the "insurance" aspect of it was silly, people do self incriminating things all the time. It happens every single day on social media, and it's quite comical how incautious people can be. Example.....I've worked part time at toys r us for 11 years, and as you may know they are gong out of business. Stores were told that the Geoffrey giraffe mascot costumes were to be sent back to the distribution centers, but people actually have stolen them, taking them home and posted their THEFT on Facebook......I saw one literally 1 hour ago.

People can very well be "broken" after a relationship, or traumatic experience that would make them think twice about pursing their normal life. Humans have emotions and they greatly vary between individuals. The fact that you saynobody does that in real life shows ignorance. You are an speck of dust in this world, as am I, and this can and does happen. You cannot say that out of the 7 billion people on this planet, time to heal/cope doesn't happen.....

Bryce being put on a pedestal all the time alludes to people being in power have the ability to get away with theirmistakes/crimes. Again, literally happens all the time. Alternatively, in the show, people were scared of Bryce and his friends, and in some cases, people didn't want to believe the truth......Just like his mom questioning on whether her son was actually capable of being that person....which she found out was true.

A day time soap opera has far worse writing than this. This is a modern day Degrassi for a more mature audience. I don't find the writing atrocious by any means, and additionally, I find the acting quite good.

You have to realize that this show is basing scenarios off of events that can and have happened in real life. Yes, the tapes is a storytelling gimmick, but the events that happen to individuals do occur and the show strives to tell what to do, what not to do, and cause in an effect in a social atmosphere.

Watch beyond 13 reasons why, they didn't make decisions about the show lightly, and A LOT of research was done.

I'm not trying to say you can't enjoy it and think it is good.

I'm just saying personally I thought it was bad. I finished it and probably will watch the next season just because I watch basically everything.

To each his own.
Jun 2 2018 02:27pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jun 2 2018 07:23pm)
I'm not trying to say you can't enjoy it and think it is good.

I'm just saying personally I thought it was bad. I finished it and probably will watch the next season just because I watch basically everything.

To each his own.

Just having a conversation.

The show is purposely showing varying degrees of bullying from minor levels, to major levels. It shows these situations because they do happen and the do it in a very bold way because they need to get the point across.

This show should make you feel angry. It should make you feel angry when people are assaulted, or when bryce gets probation instead of jail time.
Gold: 10,025.00
Jun 2 2018 04:47pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jun 2 2018 11:44am)

I'm sorry but everything you said is just wrong.

Kids are stupid, taking pictures when they think they are untouchable is completely believable. There have been many real life situations where sinker things occur.

Plus how the fuck can you say people needing to get over traumatic events is unrealistic? Like are you trolling or are you just that stupid?

The school celebrating a sports hero accused of multiple rapes is completely realistic and actually fucking happens. Look at the Brock Turner case in real life

You say the way they showed mental illness is an insult to people, but honestly it was done so much better in season 2 than it was in season 1. I think overall season 2 was better than season 1.

The only part they really horribly failed on was so of the legal stuff. The court and legal aspects of the show were so fucking bad. Like the writers only experience with the law seem to be law and order knock off episodes of something. I find it frustrating when these big budget shows don't even consult a real lawyer or judge when writing. Fucking atrocious.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll