d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > 13 Reasons Why > Season 2
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 23.00
Jun 2 2018 05:06pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jun 2 2018 06:47pm)
I'm sorry but everything you said is just wrong.

Kids are stupid, taking pictures when they think they are untouchable is completely believable. There have been many real life situations where sinker things occur.

Plus how the fuck can you say people needing to get over traumatic events is unrealistic? Like are you trolling or are you just that stupid?

The school celebrating a sports hero accused of multiple rapes is completely realistic and actually fucking happens. Look at the Brock Turner case in real life

You say the way they showed mental illness is an insult to people, but honestly it was done so much better in season 2 than it was in season 1. I think overall season 2 was better than season 1.

The only part they really horribly failed on was so of the legal stuff. The court and legal aspects of the show were so fucking bad. Like the writers only experience with the law seem to be law and order knock off episodes of something. I find it frustrating when these big budget shows don't even consult a real lawyer or judge when writing. Fucking atrocious.

You totally misunderstood me....

I didn't mean people don't need time to cope and get over tragedies. I'm saying they did the generic "I need time to figure myself out" with literally half the fucking cast. Maybe if they went in depth with their mental states it would have been different but they didn't.

There is a reason real life mental health experts say the show is a huge insult to real life people going through this kind of stuff.....

Brock Turner wasn't celebrated are you fucking serious? Literally the only thing he has in common with Bryce is he got away with it with a slap on the wrist... Wtf are you even talking about. Bryce was having pep rallies in his honor at school talking about how great of a guy he is in the midst of a trial in which he's accused of fucking rape. No school would ever do that and if you don't get it you are dense.
Gold: 10,025.00
Jun 2 2018 05:13pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jun 2 2018 04:06pm)
You totally misunderstood me....

I didn't mean people don't need time to cope and get over tragedies. I'm saying they did the generic "I need time to figure myself out" with literally half the fucking cast. Maybe if they went in depth with their mental states it would have been different but they didn't.

There is a reason real life mental health experts say the show is a huge insult to real life people going through this kind of stuff.....

Brock Turner wasn't celebrated are you fucking serious? Literally the only thing he has in common with Bryce is he got away with it with a slap on the wrist... Wtf are you even talking about. Bryce was having pep rallies in his honor at school talking about how great of a guy he is in the midst of a trial in which he's accused of fucking rape. No school would ever do that and if you don't get it you are dense.

No one knew about the Bryce rape thing until the last couple episodes, and he wasn't convicted of Hannah's rape. He played out off as the lies of a dead girl and people believed him. You as a viewer have information that the characters in the show don't.

Also if you feel like saying things like "experts say" perhaps post proof? Cite your sources?
Gold: 23.00
Jun 2 2018 05:19pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jun 2 2018 07:13pm)
No one knew about the Bryce rape thing until the last couple episodes, and he wasn't convicted of Hannah's rape. He played out off as the lies of a dead girl and people believed him. You as a viewer have information that the characters in the show don't.

Also if you feel like saying things like "experts say" perhaps post proof? Cite your sources?

I don't have to post shit. Google it. Trust me it's easy to find.

The tapes were released to the public before all of this. He literally admits to rape on it. But yeah he's still a good kid and he was just kidding so let's make him out to be a hero. That happens all the time. Look at Kevin Spacey. Someone accused him of something similar and he's doing fine. Everyone loves him. Harvey Weinstein was loved even after his accusations too.
Gold: 63,142.89
Jun 3 2018 08:48am
Quote (stupidkid282 @ May 21 2018 08:11pm)
I also dislike Hannah’s presence to Clay.

agreed, I feel like they were just looking for an excuse to give that actress a more prominent role. Giving her the flashback scenes would have been a better balance IMO

Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jun 2 2018 11:05am)
Show jumped the shark multiple times in the second season.

It was fucking horrible. I watched it all but it had sooooo much lazy writing that it was borderline garbage.

Season one was a solid 7/10 imo. I liked it for the most part.

Season two I'd put around a 4/10.

I agree with the sentiments, but the scores aren't fair. 9/10 and 6/10 would be ok.
Gold: 0.50
Jun 3 2018 01:25pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Jun 3 2018 10:48am)
agreed, I feel like they were just looking for an excuse to give that actress a more prominent role. Giving her the flashback scenes would have been a better balance IMO

I agree with the sentiments, but the scores aren't fair. 9/10 and 6/10 would be ok.

Im with fuzzy, not on everything he said though. I think a 7/10 and 4/10 are better representations.

Just because its in today's news and you can relate to it doesn't mean that the acting/writing is good.
Gold: 4.37
Jun 3 2018 03:15pm
Quote (xmarksdaspot2124 @ Jun 3 2018 07:25pm)
Im with fuzzy, not on everything he said though. I think a 7/10 and 4/10 are better representations.

Just because its in today's news and you can relate to it doesn't mean that the acting/writing is good.

But the acting was Fantastic...
Jun 3 2018 11:19pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Jun 3 2018 05:15pm)
But the acting was Fantastic...

But it really wasn't. On a positive note, i thought season 1 did a great job with the music choices. It was probably my favorite part of the tv show as a whole.
Gold: 63,142.89
Jun 4 2018 01:35am
Quote (xmarksdaspot2124 @ Jun 3 2018 03:25pm)

maybe we have different ideas of what those scores mean then. To me, a 4/10 is something that has more bad aspects than good and is not worth watching.

Season 2, while certainly having flaws, had enough redeeming qualities that drew me in. I binged it over 2 days.

I loved seeing the story simultaneously evolve both backward AND forward as we learned more about these characters from different perspectives.
Jun 4 2018 09:30am
Quote (Kayeto @ Jun 4 2018 03:35am)
maybe we have different ideas of what those scores mean then. To me, a 4/10 is something that has more bad aspects than good and is not worth watching.

Season 2, while certainly having flaws, had enough redeeming qualities that drew me in. I binged it over 2 days.

I loved seeing the story simultaneously evolve both backward AND forward as we learned more about these characters from different perspectives.

4/10 doesn't mean it's unwatchable. And everybodyeranking scale differs. There have been plenty of good/watchable/entertaining movies that critics put down, and several with great reviews that are terrible. It's completely subjective.
Gold: 3,100.00
Jun 11 2018 03:04pm
Quote (Warlock316 @ Jun 1 2018 11:28pm)
was ok

wish tyler got revenge on those jocks tho

My sympathy for Tyler is limited, he pulled some straight up stalker shit season one.

I agree in that I wannted the jocks to get what they deserved, Bryce getting let off Brock Turner style...
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll