d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > How To Solve The Game Of Chess? > The Old Bible Strategy
Prev1345679Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 542.20
May 17 2018 04:02pm
Quote (Chevaucheur @ May 17 2018 09:30pm)
If I said that scientists are stupid, it's not because they do not listen to me: it's because they can not solve a simple game, with 64 cases.

I'm not even sure what exactly you are trying to solve at this point. But I don't think the solution is as "simple" as you think it would be. Considering there are a number of factors that would need to be considered.

Say you move the pawn in front of king as your first move. Then you move your king up a spot behind that pawn. That is just one possible start to a game of chess.

But then what if you move you king back to the original position? How can this be factored into some sort of equation to determine some sort of answer? This is not even considering at this point, what the player is doing across from you or number of possible moves that can be made to start the game.

there are 8 pawns and 2 knights that are the only possible pieces that can be used to make a first move. Pawns can jump 1 or 2 spot. So 8x2=16 possible moves for pawn. 2 Knights, each able for 2 possible moves to start match. 2x2= 4. 16+4=20. 20 possible moves for one side to start a chess match, this is equal for the opposite player. So 20x20= 400 possible combinations for just the start of a match where each player has made 1 move. well then, depending on which piece was moved, the next possible number of combination goes up greatly, so much so that I don't want to try and calculate it right now.

If you could maybe better define what you are trying to solve for, it would bring some clarity to this thread.
Gold: 542.20
May 17 2018 04:08pm
Quote (Chevaucheur @ May 17 2018 09:36pm)
The science of board games is a science that combines mathematics and philosophy.

I know there is a serious lack of social intelligence in society, and I do not blame the scientists.
They do what they can.

But I think that with chess, science can achieve a considerable advance in social intelligence

lol ok fine, can u please provide something that is understandable that can even begin to be looked at as evidence or proof. Scientific evidence to go along with the above claim.
Gold: 4,360.00
May 17 2018 04:48pm
Quote (Chevaucheur @ May 17 2018 04:30pm)
If I said that scientists are stupid, it's not because they do not listen to me: it's because they can not solve a simple game, with 64 cases.

64 cases! LOL

I hope you realize how pretentious you sound. Good lord it’s like a second grader trying to do calculus after learning addition watching you try to apply mathematical principles to simplistic ideas.
Gold: 2,364.01
May 18 2018 06:08am
I've always found hardest part of chess being the other player :thumbsup: I wonder how it would end up if there were two players against each other and both of them have "solved" the game :o
Gold: 268.15
May 18 2018 06:39am
Quote (GuyLadouche @ May 18 2018 12:02am)
I'm not even sure what exactly you are trying to solve at this point. But I don't think the solution is as "simple" as you think it would be. Considering there are a number of factors that would need to be considered.

Say you move the pawn in front of king as your first move. Then you move your king up a spot behind that pawn. That is just one possible start to a game of chess.

But then what if you move you king back to the original position? How can this be factored into some sort of equation to determine some sort of answer? This is not even considering at this point, what the player is doing across from you or number of possible moves that can be made to start the game.

there are 8 pawns and 2 knights that are the only possible pieces that can be used to make a first move. Pawns can jump 1 or 2 spot. So 8x2=16 possible moves for pawn. 2 Knights, each able for 2 possible moves to start match. 2x2= 4. 16+4=20. 20 possible moves for one side to start a chess match, this is equal for the opposite player. So 20x20= 400 possible combinations for just the start of a match where each player has made 1 move. well then, depending on which piece was moved, the next possible number of combination goes up greatly, so much so that I don't want to try and calculate it right now.

If you could maybe better define what you are trying to solve for, it would bring some clarity to this thread.

If the players advance a pawn, and move their king and only their king, there will never be checkmate.
Because a king alone can not check the opponent.

A high number of possibilities does not necessarily lead to a high complexity of the game.
Gold: 2,489.69
May 18 2018 08:08am
Quote (Chevaucheur @ May 18 2018 06:39am)
If the players advance a pawn, and move their king and only their king, there will never be checkmate.
Because a king alone can not check the opponent.

A high number of possibilities does not necessarily lead to a high complexity of the game.

if they moved the king back and forth they'd lose, that's a violation of the rules.

maybe you should learn the game before solving it.

Quote (Thor123422 @ May 17 2018 02:29pm)
Still haven't told us what you are solving for.

It actually makes the solutions way easier. Pieces that move infinitely (bishop, rook, queen) can be almost entirely eliminated from considering by treating them as unlimited "no go zones" for the king.

It's way harder to solve a limited game board than an unconstricted one.

i agree it makes it easier, but also nonapplicable. nothing on an infinite board has ANYTHING to do with a 64 sq board. mainly because without a 64 sq board there are no starting positions seemingly. so advancing into the end game and solving for mates is silly, as there is no way the game would progress there. if you have a bishop on an infinite board and it looks in trouble you'd just move it 300 squares away. the game would never advance to the end game.

you can draw some interesting conclusions about flanks, within reason, or forks, but why would you. the game in reality doesnt work like that.

i know we both agree the OPs study is nonsense
Gold: 260.11
May 18 2018 12:35pm
Quote (Chevaucheur @ May 17 2018 02:43pm)
I am trying to solve R2=0.

That's what I am trying to solve.
I want to quantify the relevance of chess shots.
I do not want to burden myself with a lot of very cumbersome data.

I want to quantify the relevance of chess shots (so I can know each time which is the best shot).
I do not want to burden myself with a lot of very cumbersome data

Its easy to male it so the king can't move if you have two queens.

You clearly aren't familiar with the current state of AI research and chess. You should probably do reading on the subject before you start for claiming that you are Superior.
Gold: 268.15
May 18 2018 01:51pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 18 2018 08:35pm)
Its easy to male it so the king can't move if you have two queens.

You clearly aren't familiar with the current state of AI research and chess. You should probably do reading on the subject before you start for claiming that you are Superior.

Maybe I'm superior, and the world should start reading what I write.

"Its easy to male it so the king can't move if you have two queens."
So what???
Gold: 2,489.69
May 18 2018 02:16pm
Quote (Chevaucheur @ May 18 2018 01:51pm)
Maybe I'm superior, and the world should start reading what I write.

"Its easy to male it so the king can't move if you have two queens."
So what???

you are still failing at communicating what you're even trying to do. when i asked, repeatedly, you just give a vague nonsensical answer.

chess isn't a game you can solve. the number of variables are too high. certain positions can be solved. but not the game itself. and by increasing the board size infinitely you've increased the variables infinitely.
Gold: 109.50
May 18 2018 03:04pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 18 May 2018 14:16)
you are still failing at communicating what you're even trying to do. when i asked, repeatedly, you just give a vague nonsensical answer.

chess isn't a game you can solve. the number of variables are too high. certain positions can be solved. but not the game itself. and by increasing the board size infinitely you've increased the variables infinitely.

Show some respect, you’re talking to the inventor of infinite chess!
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1345679Next
Closed New Topic New Poll