d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Any Friends?
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.00
May 7 2018 08:08pm
Quote (SlamFkingDunk @ 8 May 2018 03:41)
Jsp ruins games? Interesting.. I think the toxic communities of games ruin them

kids nowadays enjoy toxicity so it may ruins it for some but not for other :wacko:
Gold: 632.75
May 7 2018 11:28pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ May 7 2018 04:28pm)
Yes. That is an issue. However, the functionality and ease-of use of trading here (especially for d2), outweighs that. By a lot I feel. In other words, it's a partial double edged sword. But it has to be there, or the trading wouldn't really work

This whole topic is so subjective...

The 3rd party trade doesnt have to be there. Some people actually dislike it as much as you like it.
That's why people always spoke about the trade experience then you have the other side of the spectrum of people who hate the trade experience.

There's a reason SSF was made and why it's so popular.

Quote (MeteorKing @ May 7 2018 05:23pm)
Trust me, it was not a "cant beat em, join em," revelation, it was a "dang, look at this untapped demand for a product we can supply," business decision.

There has to be more to it... or I guess I shouldnt give game makers that much credit, maybe?
I assumed anyone in the game industry would know and knew for a long time that people would pay money to get in game advantage/items.

So it seems more likely because they couldn't stop botters or rmt from happening at large scales they would join them so at least the money is going to the company and not players.

Quote (MeteorKing @ May 7 2018 05:23pm)
My point is that RWT isn't bad for games, nor does it destroy them, especially in such a small amount as what happens on this site and others like it. I illustrated this by highlighting a half dozen flourishing games on this form, some of which facilitate their own version of RWT. So, actually, yes, I did address the issue, and no, I didn't fail to factor in that this site has fg as its method of RWT.

I really dont care about this topic but I'm going to clarify what I said out of respect so you don't misunderstand me.

I dont think you're seeing it from their perspective and what they define as being bad or destroying a game.
So you're not addressing their issues but rather you're reinforcing your ideas based on your perspective of the issues.

E.g. Similar to how tons of people say PoE is a "bad" game now and that GGG "destroyed" the game, but how is that possible they have more players playing now than ever before, so it must be "flourishing." Simple, it's a subjective matter.
Gold: 90.58
May 8 2018 12:12am
Quote (Ramy @ May 7 2018 09:28pm)
This whole topic is so subjective...

The 3rd party trade doesnt have to be there. Some people actually dislike it as much as you like it.
That's why people always spoke about the trade experience then you have the other side of the spectrum of people who hate the trade experience.

There's a reason SSF was made and why it's so popular.

I'd add the reason SSF is popular is because anti-social people don't like to engage with other cretins. And they don't want to deal with trading. Which is totally understandable, and you are correct. However, that still doesn't mean it's a bad thing for the entire game though, right?
Gold: 0.00
May 8 2018 12:14pm
SSF balance is ruining the game.
Gold: 90.58
May 8 2018 01:39pm
Quote (Footballstar0799 @ May 8 2018 10:14am)
SSF balance is ruining the game.

Now that could be a big deal. Are they really creating different drop rates/balancing to cater to SSF players? That's f*ck'd up.
Gold: 632.75
May 8 2018 03:31pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ May 8 2018 02:12am)
I'd add the reason SSF is popular is because anti-social people don't like to engage with other cretins. And they don't want to deal with trading. Which is totally understandable, and you are correct. However, that still doesn't mean it's a bad thing for the entire game though, right?

I wasnt trying to say SSF is bad for the game. I was more so going with an idea to support the main discussion about RMT, which is that people play SSF so they can compete without worrying about RMT advantages or needing a dedicated party trader.

After all you dont have to play in a SSF league to play like a SSF player. Solo players have always been around.
So, to me, it doesnt make sense to think that simply making the league has an impact (now if the game is being balanced around SSF thats a different story).
In addition to a SSF league making it public and official that you're character was played that way, I really do think many people enjoy competing on the ladder in a SSF environment more than a trading league influenced by RMT.
Gold: 6,205.00
May 9 2018 04:54am
On jsp are a handsome Guys which can destroy each eco with the millions of fg (i call no name, but maybe some ppl are well known ^^)

And that happen/ed in d2/d3/"poe"

Gold: 1,920.00
May 9 2018 07:22pm
Quote (Phugst0r @ May 9 2018 12:54pm)
On jsp are a handsome Guys which can destroy each eco with the millions of fg (i call no name, but maybe some ppl are well known ^^)

And that happen/ed in d2/d3/"poe"

id argue that this is not correct tbh. ofc they can influence the market to a certain degree with the amount of capital they have but its still supply - demand driven and only a small percentage of poe players use jsp, so how exactly is this supposed to be possible ?"Guys which can destroy each eco with the millions of fg"
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll