d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Watchmen Hbo > Tv Show
Prev15678912Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 26 2019 04:28am
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 26 2019 03:13am)
Just caught this. That is definitely not a thing that ever happened.

Literally the only times he ever mentions homosexuals is in a negative way. Perhaps you should reread/watch watchmen. He was one of my favorite people too, but he is not a sane or good person. Anti government, anti homosexual, anti non-hardworking American (which every racist views as non-white American) Again, he wasn't a white supremacist, but it's not even child level connect the dots here to see how it gets to that point.

E: Shit man, didn't even the author say he didn't mean for him to be seen as a hero and it's fucked up that anyone builds him to be one?

EE: Weird, seems like tons of fans think he was a homosexual, hence his outward distaste for it. Either way, guy was fucked up and the perfect poster child for psychopaths..

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 26 2019 04:36am
Gold: 10,025.00
Oct 26 2019 04:46am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 26 2019 04:28am)
Literally the only times he ever mentions homosexuals is in a negative way. Perhaps you should reread/watch watchmen. He was one of my favorite people too, but he is not a sane or good person. Anti government, anti homosexual, anti non-hardworking American (which every racist views as non-white American) Again, he wasn't a white supremacist, but it's not even child level connect the dots here to see how it gets to that point.

E: Shit man, didn't even the author say he didn't mean for him to be seen as a hero and it's fucked up that anyone builds him to be one?

He literally mentions homosexuality once that I can recall, and it was just wondering whether or not ozyman is homosexual. He isn't a homophobic person, I'm pretty sure he is actually homosexual himself. Nothing about him is white supremacist.

He was a very mentally unwell person who was damaged to the point where he just wanted to die, but in a way he saw as honorable. He made his code and stuck to it no matter what. His code basically being those who hurt others deserve "justice".

He hated sexuality and sexually promiscuous people. He was very conservative in that area, most likely due to the trauma suffered as a child at his mother's hands/words. Nothing ever mentions race, and sexual preference isn't really brought up either.

The biggest part of his character is "never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon". His code is above everything else to him. A code that essentially treats everyone the same no matter your race or sexual orientation.

You may disagree with me, but the comedian would have been a much better figure head for this movement, but it would have required actual intelligent writing to pull off. Rorschach was the "low hanging fruit" so to speak. It isn't going to make or break the show, I probably will put it out of my head going forward. I don't like it, I don't see it/agree with it, I think it's lazy and was used simply because of Rorschachs popularity with fans.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Oct 26 2019 04:48am
Gold: 83.30
Oct 26 2019 04:57am
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 26 2019 12:13pm)
Just caught this. That is definitely not a thing that ever happened.

Page 19 of the first comic, panel 2.

"Meeting with Veidt left bad taste in mouth. He is pampered and decadent, betraying even his own shallow, liberal affectations. Possibly homosexual? Must remember to investigate further."

There's more in subtext than that.

Other than that, it's very easy to see how Rorschach's journal could be used by extremists. His language was always absolute, his actions weren't. For example, his landlady who told press he made sexual advances on her. Once he confronted her and called her a whore, he saw the same look in her kids' eyes as in his own. Dude has some empathy left but was ruined by his life experiences. Not to mention his moral compass is pretty wonky when he punishes Moloch for his illegal cancer medicine but doesn't punish the Comedian for rape.

Another thing to focus on: Rorschach's black and white was reflected in the series by a quote from Sister Knight. As in there is only good and evil, only black and white. Make of that what you will.
Oct 26 2019 10:15am
Quote (balrog66 @ Oct 26 2019 03:57am)
Page 19 of the first comic, panel 2.

"Meeting with Veidt left bad taste in mouth. He is pampered and decadent, betraying even his own shallow, liberal affectations. Possibly homosexual? Must remember to investigate further."

There's more in subtext than that.

Other than that, it's very easy to see how Rorschach's journal could be used by extremists. His language was always absolute, his actions weren't. For example, his landlady who told press he made sexual advances on her. Once he confronted her and called her a whore, he saw the same look in her kids' eyes as in his own. Dude has some empathy left but was ruined by his life experiences. Not to mention his moral compass is pretty wonky when he punishes Moloch for his illegal cancer medicine but doesn't punish the Comedian for rape.

Another thing to focus on: Rorschach's black and white was reflected in the series by a quote from Sister Knight. As in there is only good and evil, only black and white. Make of that what you will.

So much this.

e: Might have been in the movie only, but he clearly has no respect for the lesbian superhero who died and even says that her death was a result of her sinful lifestyle. Again, this can be interrupted multiple ways, either he's talking about her overt sexual nature or her homosexuality, but as we've already said multiple times, zealots will twist everything until it fits their very specific and fucked up morale compass. He also idolizes the Comedian, regardless of how horrible of a fucking person he was, so there ya go.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 26 2019 10:22am
Oct 26 2019 12:10pm
Inappropriate Post Content
Oct 26 2019 09:33pm
Can the mods just ban this guy already? You keep suspending people for saying anything even mildly offensive, but you've got this Arian Youth poster child spewing his brainwashed xenophobic nonsense everywhere.
Oct 27 2019 12:44am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 26 2019 10:15am)
So much this.

e: Might have been in the movie only, but he clearly has no respect for the lesbian superhero who died and even says that her death was a result of her sinful lifestyle. Again, this can be interrupted multiple ways, either he's talking about her overt sexual nature or her homosexuality, but as we've already said multiple times, zealots will twist everything until it fits their very specific and fucked up morale compass. He also idolizes the Comedian, regardless of how horrible of a fucking person he was, so there ya go.

Her sinful lifestyle being how sexually active she was, not being a lesbian. He is constantly bitching about people who are sexually active, no matter their sexuality. One again, issues stemming from his mom.
Oct 27 2019 12:46am
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 26 2019 11:44pm)
Her sinful lifestyle being how sexually active she was, not being a lesbian. He is constantly bitching about people who are sexually active, no matter their sexuality. One again, issues stemming from his mom.

It's almost like you stopped reading at the first sentence......
Oct 27 2019 01:10am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 27 2019 12:46am)
It's almost like you stopped reading at the first sentence......

You said it's x or y, I'm doubling down on y.
Oct 28 2019 01:08am
Anyone else feel massively ignorant for not knowing about the shit that went down in Tulsa? Not fucking sure how I've lived 30 years and never heard about this insane shit.

The whole show pushes a lot of boundaries of right and wrong and after two episodes, I definitely have never said WTF so many times in any show or movie. It's HBO so I have high hopes ofc, but I'm on the edge of my seat and I can't fucking wait for more. I might actually try and stay away from the show for 3-4 weeks though. This week-to-week shit is killing me with how good it is and I feel like I need to be able to binge a little bit.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev15678912Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll