d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Is Fabio Wrong?
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 88.36
Warn: 30%
Apr 6 2018 06:16pm
living in the woods and growing weeds right
Gold: 3.33
Apr 6 2018 06:17pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 6 2018 06:12pm)
Why do you want him to fix the problem? Just let the free market fix it by having the poor people move away to places they can get better jobs that don't require such high education because their economy isn't as good.

Every time someone tries to build affordable housing in the bay area the homeowners shut them down to preserve property values using the government.

Where I live, you just build. There isn't even a permit process. You literally just hire a contractor and tell them to build you a house. The only thing that requires a permit is the septic system if you're on less than 10 acres of land.

Government is the arm by which rich people oppress the poor.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 6 2018 06:21pm
Quote (FGdumpster @ Apr 6 2018 07:17pm)
Every time someone tries to build affordable housing in the bay area the homeowners shut them down to preserve property values using the government.

Where I live, you just build. There isn't even a permit process. You literally just hire a contractor and tell them to build you a house. The only thing that requires a permit is the septic system if you're on less than 10 acres of land.

Probably because nobody wants land there. Are you on the middle of a thriving city? I'm in a mid sized affluent city, certainly not LA, and you ain't finding 10 open acres here unless you go to out past the suburbs.

You're situation doesn't seem applicable. LA land is valuable.
Gold: 260.11
Apr 6 2018 06:29pm
Quote (FGdumpster @ Apr 6 2018 06:17pm)

Almost like it's a tool that can be used for good or bad purposes.

Just like anything.
Gold: 3.33
Apr 6 2018 06:33pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 6 2018 06:21pm)
Probably because nobody wants land there. Are you on the middle of a thriving city? I'm in a mid sized affluent city, certainly not LA, and you ain't finding 10 open acres here unless you go to out past the suburbs.

The homeowners voted for no affordable housing because they thought their million-dollar homes might go down in value. Look it up.

Where I live the only permit you need for any construction whatsoever is for a septic system. You can get in less than a day. This is within 20 minutes of a 100k population city (250k metro) area in Texas.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 6 2018 06:29pm)
Almost like it's a tool that can be used for good or bad purposes.

Just like anything.

Yep which is why I believe in 'live and let live' rather than forcing people into slavery and unwarranted contracts at gunpoint.
Gold: 57.00
Apr 6 2018 06:43pm
Quote (Skinned @ 6 Apr 2018 20:12)
Jerry Brown going to end supply and demand economic truths?

The Soviets tried to do that and failed. They made a good effort of it too.

He is probably uncomfortable with that much government control of the market. Its Cali not Cuba.

Indeed.

says the child-minded commie
Quote (Skinned @ 6 Apr 2018 20:21)

your personal ancedotes are not arguments nor are they applicable to society as a whole. given your self-professed privilege
Quote (FGdumpster @ 6 Apr 2018 20:17)

thor’s mommie in law pays his bills don’t concern yourself explaining basic pricing patterns to him. only prices he care about are the ones on the value menu at taco bell and mcdonalds

This post was edited by excellence on Apr 6 2018 06:47pm
Gold: 260.11
Apr 6 2018 06:48pm
Quote (FGdumpster @ Apr 6 2018 06:33pm)
Yep which is why I believe in 'live and let live' rather than forcing people into slavery and unwarranted contracts at gunpoint.

It's hardly a dichotomy, and you would be hard pressed to find anybody who believes in the latter.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Apr 6 2018 06:48pm
>guy with hairline of the gods and soaks every womans panties
>conservative
Checkmate commies
Gold: 57.00
Apr 6 2018 06:54pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 6 Apr 2018 20:48)
It's hardly a dichotomy, and you would be hard pressed to find anybody who believes in the latter.

plenty of them in this gutter of a subforum including yourself

if you could sue whatever grimey lab you volunteer at for “compensation” vs your hours cleaning petri-dishes you’d have your mommie in law paying the ghost of johnny cochran to slam the table in your favor

e: reported, btw

This post was edited by excellence on Apr 6 2018 06:54pm
Gold: 285.00
Apr 6 2018 06:59pm
Quote (excellence @ Apr 6 2018 07:54pm)
plenty of them in this gutter of a subforum including yourself

if you could sue whatever grimey lab you volunteer at for “compensation” vs your hours cleaning petri-dishes you’d have your mommie in law paying the ghost of johnny cochran to slam the table in your favor

e: reported, btw

I love that you are so insecure you have to bash higher education.

Quote (FGdumpster @ Apr 6 2018 07:33pm)
The homeowners voted for no affordable housing because they thought their million-dollar homes might go down in value. Look it up.

Where I live the only permit you need for any construction whatsoever is for a septic system. You can get in less than a day. This is within 20 minutes of a 100k population city (250k metro) area in Texas.

Is it at least Austin?

I'm in Ohio. Things are about to get real bad here tbh.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 6 2018 07:01pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll