d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Tekken 7
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,253.69
Apr 11 2018 07:35pm
Quote (Sasori @ Apr 11 2018 06:04pm)
the thing about fighting games that makes the dedication and journey to being good much smoother, is fighting games have the highest amount of offline meetups of any game genre, i have two weekly locations in dallas, one in fort worth, one in plano, fort worth is tuesdays and fridays, plano on saturdays, each night brings in around 15-20 people who play fighting games, people play long sets, offer advice to eachother, some drink together, some smoke weed together, some people go get some food and come back and just talk about shit, it's a very relaxing and friendly environment, it's easy to learn when people who are good / knowledgeable are also welcoming, you feel more encouraged to stick around even though you are losing 100-0 to them, i feel like starcraft has this, but it's more difficult to find, most people instead of mentoring new players, will just simply flame and move on with their day, "lol you're fucking trash bro" and move on, fighting games have local scenes in every single state. for every game, it's INCREDIBLY accessible

yeah you pwnt me hard when we played... it was like 10-0 you winning as Guile...
I havent really ever been good at Street fighter but I do enjoy it... I mean I played alot of Street fighter 2 back in the 90's when I was a kid, but thats about it...
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 11 2018 08:01pm
Quote (caswallen @ Apr 11 2018 05:35pm)
yeah you pwnt me hard when we played... it was like 10-0 you winning as Guile...
I havent really ever been good at Street fighter but I do enjoy it... I mean I played alot of Street fighter 2 back in the 90's when I was a kid, but thats about it...

To be fair, he slams everyone around here on fighters, and he's pretty fucking good at other genres (from what I've seen at least) as well. Nothing to feel bad about.

My time is so limited these days that I'm not longer competitive in anything. I can still pick up Halo 5 once every 3-6 months and pwn the shit out of people in casual or ranked, or with any Cod/simple FPS game it's the same, but games that take lots of dedication are impossible for me atm. I just don't have the fucking time or energy anymore.

Quote (Sasori @ Apr 11 2018 04:04pm)
the thing about fighting games that makes the dedication and journey to being good much smoother, is fighting games have the highest amount of offline meetups of any game genre, i have two weekly locations in dallas, one in fort worth, one in plano, fort worth is tuesdays and fridays, plano on saturdays, each night brings in around 15-20 people who play fighting games, people play long sets, offer advice to eachother, some drink together, some smoke weed together, some people go get some food and come back and just talk about shit, it's a very relaxing and friendly environment, it's easy to learn when people who are good / knowledgeable are also welcoming, you feel more encouraged to stick around even though you are losing 100-0 to them, i feel like starcraft has this, but it's more difficult to find, most people instead of mentoring new players, will just simply flame and move on with their day, "lol you're fucking trash bro" and move on, fighting games have local scenes in every single state. for every game, it's INCREDIBLY accessible

I would have never guessed it was like this. That's pretty fucking cool.

SC is brutal and good people are usually giant assholes. Every once in awhile you'll meet someone who will help out/mentor you, but you're right, most of the time it's gg was ez, trash build, go play cas etc... lol. I've watched a lot of high level streams and this seems to stop for the most part at GM, but even up until high masters it's still like this almost every game and there are people in high diamond/low masters who literally only know how to do 1-2 builds, but they're cheesey as fuck and they've done nothing but perfect them, which like fighters is something that you see all too much of. You can get pretty high being a piece of shit with one-two combos/builds you execute over/over, but you'll never advanced any further as a player because getting to GM or w/e the equivalent in fighters is, because it takes an insane understanding of the games mechanics, being able to read your opponent, and the skill to execute in milliseconds the appropriate move/build based off what information you see coming from your opponent.
Gold: 293.50
Apr 11 2018 08:18pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 11 2018 08:01pm)
To be fair, he slams everyone around here on fighters, and he's pretty fucking good at other genres (from what I've seen at least) as well. Nothing to feel bad about.

My time is so limited these days that I'm not longer competitive in anything. I can still pick up Halo 5 once every 3-6 months and pwn the shit out of people in casual or ranked, or with any Cod/simple FPS game it's the same, but games that take lots of dedication are impossible for me atm. I just don't have the fucking time or energy anymore.

I would have never guessed it was like this. That's pretty fucking cool.

SC is brutal and good people are usually giant assholes. Every once in awhile you'll meet someone who will help out/mentor you, but you're right, most of the time it's gg was ez, trash build, go play cas etc... lol. I've watched a lot of high level streams and this seems to stop for the most part at GM, but even up until high masters it's still like this almost every game and there are people in high diamond/low masters who literally only know how to do 1-2 builds, but they're cheesey as fuck and they've done nothing but perfect them, which like fighters is something that you see all too much of. You can get pretty high being a piece of shit with one-two combos/builds you execute over/over, but you'll never advanced any further as a player because getting to GM or w/e the equivalent in fighters is, because it takes an insane understanding of the games mechanics, being able to read your opponent, and the skill to execute in milliseconds the appropriate move/build based off what information you see coming from your opponent.

yeah, you're right for the most part, but cheesy shit doesn't take you as far as you would think in fighters like it does SC, theres combos for every situation you have to learn, jump-in's, low confirms, max damage punishes on reversals (crush-counter on SRK's is a good example here) but this is actually not the complicated part, with some execution practice anybody should be able to learn said combos, all the information is accessible on youtube as is training mode, but how will you hit people? how will you make this combo happen? to crush counter a blocked reversal or whiffed reversal, how did you make them do one to begin with? how did you open somebody up and gain that hit to do your combo to begin with, hit confirming lows isn't too hard too learn, but you still have to position yourself for that situation to arise anyway, which is the hard part, it's difficult to teach neutral to somebody, i understand neutral pretty well. i'm m high diamond. i enter tournaments, for two games, and have my hotel/entry to texas showdown covered, and even for me it would be difficult to sum up neutral in a single post, theres been informative videos, Juicebox did a vid series on "what is footsies" i would suggest watching it when you can, but overall it's a hefty concept to try and give people, but those who grasp it, are EONS better than people who dont, i can beat people of even platinum level doing like no combos and just hitting 3 buttons just because i understand spacing and positioning like wayyy ahead of their level. cheesy shit doesn't survive somebody that understands this aspect of fighting games, unless the person cheesing you also understands, in which case it's now become a mind game, but cheesy shit like bison ex devils reverse, akuma ex demon flip, ect moves of that nature, will carry you to MAYBE super gold ish, (it goes bronze, super, bronze ultra bronze, silver ect silver gold plat diamond master grand master (equivelent of super master) but everybody diamond on onward plays the game offline or is involved in the community somehow for the most part. they will know how to beat things. cheese in high level is closer to like, a cheap setup, or oki situation that is difficult to deal with, it still has to be earned, even then, it's just powerful, which is different from cheesy.
Apr 11 2018 08:30pm
Quote (caswallen @ Apr 11 2018 07:35pm)

being bad doesn't matter, it's the journey man! you love street fighter, you love fighting games, and to me, because of that, we will always be equals, you may not be as informed or as knowledged, but with an open mind, knowledge can be learned and taught, being "bad" is simply a transitory state of being. and your mentality and thought process is all that holds you back from steady progression if you let it, but you seem pretty level headed, with time, i think you will be just fine.
Apr 11 2018 08:50pm
Quote (Sasori @ Apr 11 2018 08:30pm)
being bad doesn't matter, it's the journey man! you love street fighter, you love fighting games, and to me, because of that, we will always be equals, you may not be as informed or as knowledged, but with an open mind, knowledge can be learned and taught, being "bad" is simply a transitory state of being. and your mentality and thought process is all that holds you back from steady progression if you let it, but you seem pretty level headed, with time, i think you will be just fine.

yeah when I started Tekken I was terrible... but after playing 10,000 Online matches, you eventually learn the mechanics and understand how to play against people, which is what I hope to do in Street Fighter if I have the time
Apr 11 2018 08:56pm
Quote (caswallen @ Apr 11 2018 08:50pm)
yeah when I started Tekken I was terrible... but after playing 10,000 Online matches, you eventually learn the mechanics and understand how to play against people, which is what I hope to do in Street Fighter if I have the time

if you ever have questions or want to know where to find information don't be afraid to shoot me a message
https://fullmeter.com/fatonline/#/framedata/Ryu this is a good source to use for frame data for all the characters as well. and theres a app for phones, look up "FA Tool"

This post was edited by Sasori on Apr 11 2018 08:57pm
Apr 11 2018 11:39pm
Apr 12 2018 01:13am
Quote (caswallen @ Apr 11 2018 11:39pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhpV0KeDxuE

yeah i saw that, they never do well casually for a variety of reasons
Gold: 5,102.68
Apr 12 2018 01:12pm
Quote (Sasori @ Apr 11 2018 04:00pm)
i beat you like 30-7 last time we played and i wasn't even trying man, you're very mediocre no offense, and you main NRS games and i don't.you don't really have an excuse to not understand your own game. fighting games are much deeper than mashing air db2 with brainiac and d1ing if they block and confirming back 3 if it hits man, very straight forward character that doesn't really teach you advanced fundamentals. not saying it's bad to play brainiac, but brainiac will carry you and eventually you will plataeu because there are just simply things you never learned properly.

lol'd so fuckin hard
btw thats when injustice 2 came out
i dont even play nrs games anymore and before mkx i used to play sf4 all day
im sure i can whoops u in sfv with ease.
like with ease.
/e i dont even have sfv \

This post was edited by zero_yomama on Apr 12 2018 01:14pm
Apr 12 2018 05:23pm
Quote (zero_yomama @ Apr 12 2018 01:12pm)
lol'd so fuckin hard
btw thats when injustice 2 came out
i dont even play nrs games anymore and before mkx i used to play sf4 all day
im sure i can whoops u in sfv with ease.
like with ease.
/e i dont even have sfv \

i mean i doubt it bud, i don't think you've ever been good at sf either, we can play whenever though, i train with some of the best players in the united states. if you can beat me i'll be legitimately impressed but it literally won't happen lol not trying to talk down on you dog i've seen you play fighters, you have no fundamentals :/ got any footage of you playing USF4?
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll