d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Possible Path Of Exile Competitor?
Prev1234511Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14.90
Jan 28 2018 03:35pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Jan 28 2018 10:38pm)
well tbh poe in its beta state couldnt hold a candle to how poe looks now, so im gonna give it the benefit of the doubt :blush: poe in its pre-release state was uglier than the prime minister of serbia, yet look at it now :blush:

if they implement multiplayer well (NOT like grim dawn) and find a good money strategy, they have a decent chance to dethrone poe

pretty mutch this, as one who played poe in beta it was actually very basic
only thing that was different was that the ggg staff actually listend to the community unlike in other games

so we gonna find out sooner or later how its gonna end up
def not gonna buy it either in alpha stage, but maybe at a later date when more infos are released and we see some of the endgame
Gold: 1,444.13
Jan 28 2018 03:42pm
i really don't understand the grim dawn hype, cant get into it at all, its so boring and graphics are on par with d1
and ya, no servers always sucks
Gold: 1,975.00
Jan 28 2018 03:51pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 28 Jan 2018 17:02)
So you said it's cannot hold a candle to PoE. But you listed some cool shit about it. What were the major issues you found with the game thus far?

In terms of gameplay it's very clunky. You can't aim down when elevated or the skills will just outright miss. Quest characters following you can fuck up your pathing in narrow areas. Character customization looks good on paper, but in actuality is very limited. The skill tree has a very linear optimal path for each build. Itemization brings nothing interesting. It's stat dumping a-la Diablo 3, but the game just happens to have more stats.

Combat itself seems ok. Also the characters you get to pick look fucking horrible. Seeing as you only have the option of male or female with minor changes to their horrendous bodytypes, it's really lackluster.

One more thing I'd like to add. I haven't gotten to late game yet so I'm not sure about what other skill options I'll have in the future, but as it is now, starting spells are so powerful that getting another spell to complement feels completely pointless.

This post was edited by CMBurns on Jan 28 2018 03:53pm
Gold: 2,004.41
Jan 28 2018 03:52pm
It has some sick graphics, look like it has depth and puts a new spin on things. It honestly looks like it has potential. But it also has some immediate downsides, they could fuck it up completely, because it has to do a lot of things right to even compete.

1. this shit is early access, that's typically a bad sign .Worse, it's been out since March 2016.
2. years later, it's still in alpha, and seemingly very early alpha, with little content, no co-op at all yet.
3. it needs sizable content, a strong loot system that makes the grind rewarding or there's no reason to play. I also hope the "co-op" is not local/open battle.net style like grim dawn. They need real servers. They have to implement a worthwhile trade system, d3 has none and poe's is awful. This game being so graphically intense, I hope it's optimized and team play doesn't bog anything down.

Early access is pretty cancer, these games often fizzle out and are forgotten, or get a cheap unsupported final release to fulfill their crowdfunded agreements.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 28 2018 03:56pm
Quote (Majini @ Jan 28 2018 08:48pm)
doesnt look like grim dawn at all to me

:fume: !

seriously men, wtf are those sig/avatar <_< ?
Gold: 90.58
Jan 28 2018 03:59pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Jan 28 2018 01:51pm)
In terms of gameplay it's very clunky. You can't aim down when elevated or the skills will just outright miss. Quest characters following you can fuck up your pathing in narrow areas. Character customization looks good on paper, but in actuality is very limited. The skill tree has a very linear optimal path for each build. Itemization brings nothing interesting. It's stat dumping a-la Diablo 3, but the game just happens to have more stats.

Combat itself seems ok. Also the characters you get to pick look fucking horrible. Seeing as you only have the option of male or female with minor changes to their horrendous bodytypes, it's really lackluster.

One more thing I'd like to add. I haven't gotten to late game yet so I'm not sure about what other skill options I'll have in the future, but as it is now, starting spells are so powerful that getting another spell to complement feels completely pointless.

That's one things I noticed when I played grim dawn. The character movement to me, felt floaty. Felt like my character was just hovering off the ground and walking. Is that kind of how it is with Wolcen? (I can't tell unless I actually feel it myself). If so, they need to prob fix that ASAP. Because PoE and D3 have that down, and it's very important to sync animation to movement.

Thanks for listing the cons, hope they improve that shit. By the time they do, I bet d4 will prob be announced however. I guess Wolcen will probably have to compete with D4, which... might not go so well. I agree with Sakuraba too, this shit has been out since 2016 looks like the same old shit except improved item tooltips, fucking they need to get going!

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jan 28 2018 03:59pm
Gold: 2.00
Jan 28 2018 04:10pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ 28 Jan 2018 23:56)

made by rouven
Gold: 1,975.00
Jan 28 2018 04:13pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 28 Jan 2018 17:59)
That's one things I noticed when I played grim dawn. The character movement to me, felt floaty. Felt like my character was just hovering off the ground and walking. Is that kind of how it is with Wolcen? (I can't tell unless I actually feel it myself). If so, they need to prob fix that ASAP. Because PoE and D3 have that down, and it's very important to sync animation to movement.

Thanks for listing the cons, hope they improve that shit. By the time they do, I bet d4 will prob be announced however. I guess Wolcen will probably have to compete with D4, which... might not go so well. I agree with Sakuraba too, this shit has been out since 2016 looks like the same old shit except improved item tooltips, fucking they need to get going!

Yea the walking animation doesn't give you the same vibe as PoE or D3.

I'm not many hours in and find the game incredibly repetitive still.

Keep finding the same boring class driven items with class specific stats. Item level matters too much.

I gotta say, so far the loot is WAY WAY off what I would expect from a good ARPG.

This post was edited by CMBurns on Jan 28 2018 04:13pm
Gold: 1,341.48
Warn: 10%
Jan 28 2018 04:25pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Jan 28 2018 02:56pm)

Cancer
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 28 2018 04:38pm
Quote (Majini @ Jan 29 2018 12:10am)
made by rouven

a true masterpiece <_<
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev1234511Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll