d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > New Shows In 2018
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Jan 26 2018 11:25am
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Jan 20 2018 08:47pm)
Altered Carbon - February 2nd
Krypton - March 21st
The First - 2018
Castle Rock - 2018
The Alienist - January 22nd
Lost in space - 2018
Counterpart - January 28th (first episode aired back in december as a sort of preview)

Those are the ones I'm waiting for.

is that the one with J K Simmons? big fan of his, has anyone watched this show yet? any good?
Gold: 22,720.48
Jan 26 2018 01:49pm
Quote (WatcherOfTheSkies @ Jan 26 2018 12:25pm)
is that the one with J K Simmons? big fan of his, has anyone watched this show yet? any good?

Yes, that's the one. So far so good, first episode was fantastic, second episode airs sunday.
Gold: 10,025.00
Jan 26 2018 10:23pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 26 2018 10:21am)
I'm not sure if there's a language barrier or an intelligence barrier, but got damn you're dense lol.

I overreacted because I said :bonk: when someone asked a stupid question, but you equating me saying to google something you want to know the basis of, before posting on a forum is actually me telling you to "google everything before asking anything online"... Like, how the fuck do you make that jump without a serious reading/learning disability?

Edit : Whether or not you agree that it was a dumb question is irrelevant. The show has been referenced in movies, tv shows, and just pop culture everywhere for the past 50 years. I get that you don't think that matters, but come on.

No idea why you are being so aggressive about this. I live in Canada and used to watch the rerun channel and never once saw this show. It clearly was fairly nonexistent outside of the USA (unlike the movie). Plus this is a conversation forum for people to talk about tv shows and movies so why insult the guy for asking a question that fits into the purpose of this place... I feel like you'd have a better time on Reddit. Everyone there hates everything as well and downvotes shit like this constantly.

Plus who knows where the creators got their main inspiration... Maybe they grew up on the movie and wanted to make it into a show before ever seeing the old show? Or maybe it is something completely different that has nothing to do with either and only shares a name? This are the type of things that can be discussed here, especially if someone else was already interested enough to research that information.
Gold: 2,118.35
Jan 28 2018 05:52am
Quote (Blah58 @ Jan 27 2018 02:23pm)
No idea why you are being so aggressive about this. I live in Canada and used to watch the rerun channel and never once saw this show. It clearly was fairly nonexistent outside of the USA (unlike the movie). Plus this is a conversation forum for people to talk about tv shows and movies so why insult the guy for asking a question that fits into the purpose of this place... I feel like you'd have a better time on Reddit. Everyone there hates everything as well and downvotes shit like this constantly.

Plus who knows where the creators got their main inspiration... Maybe they grew up on the movie and wanted to make it into a show before ever seeing the old show? Or maybe it is something completely different that has nothing to do with either and only shares a name? This are the type of things that can be discussed here, especially if someone else was already interested enough to research that information.

I live in Aus and can confirm I've never seen it on tv
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 28 2018 10:46pm
Quote (Lil_Gueto @ Jan 28 2018 03:52am)
I live in Aus and can confirm I've never seen it on tv

Whether or not you've actually see the original, it's one of those shows that's been referenced in hundreds of movies/shows in the past 50 years. I never watched the original, but I'm aware of it, since on the rare occasion that I don't get a reference in a movie, I usually look it up.

Quote (Blah58 @ Jan 26 2018 08:23pm)

I know that people are typically more thin-skinned here than other subs on this forum (with the exception of PARD and Donor), but holy shit guys, really? "So aggressive" "overraction" etc... I put a :bonk: when someone asked a stupid question. If I join a conversation and say/ask something stupid or silly (IRL, online or anywhere), and someone cracks a joke about the stupid thing I said/asked, I'm not going to get angry, or accuse them of overreacting, because what they did was the appropriate response to someone saying something that's dumb lol.
Jan 29 2018 12:00am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 28 2018 09:46pm)
Whether or not you've actually see the original, it's one of those shows that's been referenced in hundreds of movies/shows in the past 50 years. I never watched the original, but I'm aware of it, since on the rare occasion that I don't get a reference in a movie, I usually look it up.

I know that people are typically more thin-skinned here than other subs on this forum (with the exception of PARD and Donor), but holy shit guys, really? "So aggressive" "overraction" etc... I put a :bonk: when someone asked a stupid question. If I join a conversation and say/ask something stupid or silly (IRL, online or anywhere), and someone cracks a joke about the stupid thing I said/asked, I'm not going to get angry, or accuse them of overreacting, because what they did was the appropriate response to someone saying something that's dumb lol.

Not everyone says to themselves "gee I don't understand this specific movie reference, I should look it up". Plus it isn't unreasonable for people to think certain pop culture references could be referencing the movie and not the show especially if they have no idea the show is a thing but they know about the movie. It was a harmless conversational question in a place specifically designed for conversation.
Jan 29 2018 12:07am
Quote (Blah58 @ Jan 28 2018 10:00pm)
Not everyone says to themselves "gee I don't understand this specific movie reference, I should look it up". Plus it isn't unreasonable for people to think certain pop culture references could be referencing the movie and not the show especially if they have no idea the show is a thing but they know about the movie. It was a harmless conversational question in a place specifically designed for conversation.

And saying :bonk: was a harmless jab, which has been met by nothing but people crying... you see the issue here yet?
Jan 29 2018 01:41am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 28 2018 11:07pm)
And saying :bonk: was a harmless jab, which has been met by nothing but people crying... you see the issue here yet?

My issue isn't the bonk it's more the "some fucking people's children man". Also the bonk along with not answering the question. It's like saying "haha you are stupid, and also I refuse to help educate you because I am so much better than you".

Like not everyone has the same experiences and knows about literally every single pop culture thing ever. :baby: America is really on an entirely different level than the rest of the world when it comes to caring/knowing about social media and pop culture.

e: tl;dr would it have hurt you to answer the question? Instead of just mock.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Jan 29 2018 01:42am
Jan 29 2018 01:46am
Would be enough of a clue for most people to guess they should maybe Google it at that point, but I guess not in your world.

There are other countries where pop culture is more important than it is in the US, but what's disheartening is knowing that acting like a crybaby whenever someone doesn't hold your hand is the widely accepted norm worldwide now. Was hoping it was just an issue in the states, but I guess not.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jan 29 2018 01:46am
Jan 29 2018 01:59am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 29 2018 12:46am)
Would be enough of a clue for most people to guess they should maybe Google it at that point, but I guess not in your world.

There are other countries where pop culture is more important than it is in the US, but what's disheartening is knowing that acting like a crybaby whenever someone doesn't hold your hand is the widely accepted norm worldwide now. Was hoping it was just an issue in the states, but I guess not.

That really isn't the point. Obviously anyone can google anything they want. Some people actually like the interaction of talking to people about things. Why are you even here if not for the interaction? Plus you have still ignored my point of where the showrunners have actually gotten their personal inspiration. Did you actually do any research on it, did they specifically cite the show in an interview? Or did seeing the movie as kids inspire them? The question isn't really as simple as "it was originally a show in the 60s, that's obviously where the inspiration came from". These kind of questions are the things that require a bit more time to google, in which case asking here could be faster/easier than reading interviews for yourself.

The entire point is encouraging conversation not discouraging it.

e: oh look 2 minutes of googling has shown me that the 60s show wasn't even original. So :bonk: I'm better than you nananana.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Jan 29 2018 02:03am
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll