d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Government Shutdown Party Thread
Prev1101112131421Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22,189.49
Jan 21 2018 10:50am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 21 2018 10:42am)
When the Dems had a supermajority and could have passed universal single payer healthcare in 2008 but didn't because they couldn't get Olympia Snowe on board, for symbolic reasons so they could say it was bipartisan....we blamed Obama and the Democrats.

I wish you still had thst consistency. A threat of filibuster is a threat. They aren't easy, and they never happen. Just excuses. If this and only this was the case, they would let them filibuster and put it all over television and score points.

I can't wait until the midterms. There is absolutely no reason for any D to work with any R in congress now because their shelf life has just diminished greatly. We will get a party that doesn't work against hard working Americans back in power.

The first midterm after democrats stabbed their bernie base in the back, embraced identity politics and ran two years of russia hysteria that hasn't gone anywhere? Donna Brazile's revelations about the JFA alone will ripple through 2018. And in a year when republicans hold the imbalanced senate battle advantage due to less seats up for grabs? I'm not going to make any bold predictions, because I think as the #MeToo movement has shown the democratic firing squad could still turn inwards but Trump could drag republicans either up or down, based on the economy, based on russiaburger and mueller, based off any irrelevant scandal like charlottesville.

There are no certainties

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jan 21 2018 10:50am
Gold: 285.00
Jan 21 2018 11:03am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 21 2018 11:50am)
The first midterm after democrats stabbed their bernie base in the back, embraced identity politics and ran two years of russia hysteria that hasn't gone anywhere? Donna Brazile's revelations about the JFA alone will ripple through 2018. And in a year when republicans hold the imbalanced senate battle advantage due to less seats up for grabs? I'm not going to make any bold predictions, because I think as the #MeToo movement has shown the democratic firing squad could still turn inwards but Trump could drag republicans either up or down, based on the economy, based on russiaburger and mueller, based off any irrelevant scandal like charlottesville.

There are no certainties

A lot of media driven narratives there. I don't watch cable news so I haven't experienced any of that personally. I know Bernie had a lot of grassroots support and I voted for him in the primary. Even with corruption in the DNC it isn't nearly as bad as this debacle we are seeing now and things would be going much better under Clinton. I think its regrettable that so much misinformation about how aggressive her foreign policy would be as well. I think I voted for Biden to run in 2008. Voted for Ralph Nader for pres twice lol.

None I'd that detracts from this clusterfuck in the WH now. Its embarrassing. No matter what DWS did to sabotage Bernie, Trump is eating children and shitting on the woods (new South Park).

#metoo won't be a thing in 2018. There will be a backlash from it. That's what you have to hope for :lol: all tribunals are like that. The Reign of Terror ended with Robespierre's head in a basket.

As for the filibuster you were laughing a month or two about the threat of one because the nuclear option is on the table. So no biggie there.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 21 2018 11:04am
Gold: 14.88
Jan 21 2018 11:17am
Quote (Scaly @ Jan 20 2018 03:42am)
I mean it works while you have a government that cares about those losses more than their pride. Unfortunately we now have a spoilt, egotistical baby as PotUS so who knows how long it could go on for before he agrees to compromise.

Silence from this ladyboy while Obama had a shutdown. Suppose it was the gops fault then too. Leftists just screaming about how the mean republicans are bad because they won't capitulate on their demands.

No DACA.
Gold: 500.00
Jan 21 2018 11:20am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Jan 21 2018 12:17pm)
Silence from this ladyboy while Obama had a shutdown. Suppose it was the gops fault then too. Leftists just screaming about how the mean republicans are bad because they won't capitulate on their demands.

No DACA.

that was called the ted cruz shutdown
Jan 21 2018 11:21am
It is 2018. #MeToo is still going. How long it will keep going is the question.

A combination of identity politics, cheating the populist wing and going to bat for issues like illegal immigration that only carry the farthest left base- this is a recipe for a democratic revolt. The democrats can't afford to lose people like myself. Really the best thing the democrats might have going for them in 2018 is the voters distinguishing between local and national politics, like the split tickets we saw in 2016- some of the berniecrats who defected are still loyal to the party at the state level, so it might not harm the national congress as much either.
Don't make the mistake though of thinking everyone buys into the hysteria, fearmongering and anti-trump circlejerking like reddit. If they did, donald trump wouldn't have won in 2016.
And the biggest threat to the democrats is the normalization of Trump. Once people start recognizing that he's not the prophesied antichrist that the democrats have been saying, when they see his policies working, the economy going up, and especially if mueller wraps up and exonerates him in time- but just burnout from the endless investigation failing to turn up anything might be enough- you're going to look at what we're already seeing now in polling data, a steady upward Trump trend. And that could signal doom for the democrats chances.

As far as this filibuster, its different than the last one. Harry Reid opened the judicial filibusters and left that door open, save an inch or two for the scotus. Republicans opened it the rest of the way and walked through
But nobody has touched the nuclear option for non-appointment actions, and that would be the tsar bomba of nukes. Nobody wants to go anywhere near that. Might as well drive tanks into D.C. and machine gun senators
it might come to a nuclear showdown, but only if neither side blinks before the country starts collapsing.
Gold: 285.00
Jan 21 2018 11:24am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Jan 21 2018 12:17pm)

No DACA.

We don't have to be cucked like most of the GOP. We can resist the roundups all we want. You have the political power to FDR all of them right now. Obama was doing a better job at deporting illegal aliens though, and Clinton likely would have continued doing that excellent job, just due to having a much greater level of competence.

Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 21 2018 12:21pm)
It is 2018. #MeToo is still going. How long it will keep going is the question.

A combination of identity politics, cheating the populist wing and going to bat for issues like illegal immigration that only carry the farthest left base- this is a recipe for a democratic revolt. The democrats can't afford to lose people like myself. Really the best thing the democrats might have going for them in 2018 is the voters distinguishing between local and national politics, like the split tickets we saw in 2016- some of the berniecrats who defected are still loyal to the party at the state level, so it might not harm the national congress as much either.
Don't make the mistake though of thinking everyone buys into the hysteria, fearmongering and anti-trump circlejerking like reddit. If they did, donald trump wouldn't have won in 2016.
And the biggest threat to the democrats is the normalization of Trump. Once people start recognizing that he's not the prophesied antichrist that the democrats have been saying, when they see his policies working, the economy going up, and especially if mueller wraps up and exonerates him in time- but just burnout from the endless investigation failing to turn up anything might be enough- you're going to look at what we're already seeing now in polling data, a steady upward Trump trend. And that could signal doom for the democrats chances.

As far as this filibuster, its different than the last one. Harry Reid opened the judicial filibusters and left that door open, save an inch or two for the scotus. Republicans opened it the rest of the way and walked through
But nobody has touched the nuclear option for non-appointment actions, and that would be the tsar bomba of nukes. Nobody wants to go anywhere near that. Might as well drive tanks into D.C. and machine gun senators
it might come to a nuclear showdown, but only if neither side blinks before the country starts collapsing.

Can you universalize your statement and say that the same is true for the Right and the limits of identity politics applying to their White Identity Politics as well?

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 21 2018 11:25am
Jan 21 2018 11:28am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 21 2018 11:24am)
Can you universalize your statement and say that the same is true for the Right and the limits of identity politics applying to their White Identity Politics as well?

No, because the identity politics and labeling are being thrust unwillingly onto the right by the left as they repeatedly reject it, whereas the left openly embrace their identity politics.
This has been a decade of left calling right racist and right saying they're not racist, while left are themselves racist, and then lefties explain how their racism is good racism

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jan 21 2018 11:28am
Jan 21 2018 11:31am
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 20 2018 07:55am)
Anyone else bored to death watching this lack of bipartisanship play out year after year?

This is what you deserve America... start electing moderates if you want the government to work.

America doesn't want moderates. This is why Glenn Beck fans like you act so confused and think you're oh so above it all.

This is a polarized environment. You can cry about how cooler heads should prevail and we need moderate compromise, but that isn't what the people want. The common ground between political ideology is evaporating in front of us, on both sides.

This isn't the time for moderates and compromise, ever since 2008, we've abandoned a strategy of exchanging jabs for throwing haymakers. This is the legacy of the Obama Administration's forcefulness and George W Bush's incompetence inspiring one sided forcefulness.
Jan 21 2018 11:34am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 21 2018 09:24am)
http://i68.tinypic.com/rwp2m8.jpg

We don't have to be cucked like most of the GOP. We can resist the roundups all we want. You have the political power to FDR all of them right now. Obama was doing a better job at deporting illegal aliens though, and Clinton likely would have continued doing that excellent job, just due to having a much greater level of competence.

The GOP is all fucked up. Democrats are good at falling into line to embrace policy with 100% party support. Too many factions in the Republican party conflict with the ability for unified policy pushes. With people like Flake, Rubio and Graham, the GOP will always be less efficient than the Dems.
Jan 21 2018 11:36am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 20 2018 08:30am)
One year to the day of Trump becoming president the most basic operations of the Federal Govt cease due to the gross incompetence of the ruling party.

GOP is trying to get slaughtered in the mid terms.

Trump sworn in and govt fails within a year.

How many people told you guys he was going to be a stinker.

HRC would have been way better.

"Bob, he is shiting in the woods and trying to eat our children."

"Hillary would have been no better!"

New South Park is great.

Are Dem shills really this stupid?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1101112131421Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll