d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Poor People Don't Need Internet > Maga
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.77
Nov 24 2017 02:15am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Nov 24 2017 01:12am)
Yep, hypocrisy is a joy.

Is it really hypocrisy, though, or just an example of a man trapped within the corporatocracy; who would still be a thriving human being without it, but who feels culturally obligated to work hard and generate capital with his labor?
Gold: 1.93
Nov 24 2017 02:21am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Nov 24 2017 07:15pm)
Is it really hypocrisy, though, or just an example of a man trapped within the corporatocracy; who would still be a thriving human being without it, but who feels culturally obligated to work hard and generate capital with his labor?

I just work to get out of the house, this office is local and i have to be on the road a lot meeting people, it was convenient and pays extremely well, i am a pragmatist.
I donate a lot to environmental causes, am a member of the greens party and spent years fighting mines and professional netting and yet i also worked in mines and on commercial fishing boats when i was younger, so in the end i am a hypocrite but i can live with that.
I can live with anything i have found as long as i maintain the few connections i value.
I think i could retire right now if i wanted, but i cant justify the tax hit i would take on capital gains if i monetized my assets.
We have franking here on our shares which makes it extremely viable to just sit on them long term.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Nov 24 2017 02:25am
Gold: 10.77
Nov 24 2017 02:45am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Nov 24 2017 01:21am)
I just work to get out of the house, this office is local and i have to be on the road a lot meeting people, it was convenient and pays extremely well, i am a pragmatist.
I donate a lot to environmental causes, am a member of the greens party and spent years fighting mines and professional netting and yet i also worked in mines and on commercial fishing boats when i was younger, so in the end i am a hypocrite but i can live with that.
I can live with anything i have found as long as i maintain the few connections i value.
I think i could retire right now if i wanted, but i cant justify the tax hit i would take on capital gains if i monetized my assets.
We have franking here on our shares which makes it extremely viable to just sit on them long term.

There's nothing wrong with an oil man donating to environmental causes to make his job cleaner. All of them should aspire to be like you.
Gold: 1.93
Nov 24 2017 03:53am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Nov 24 2017 07:45pm)
There's nothing wrong with an oil man donating to environmental causes to make his job cleaner. All of them should aspire to be like you.

I work on the sales side in a management role, i ethically despise bp as a corporation but i am able to separate my personal feelings and my work ethic.
If i could flip a magic switch and make corporations no longer exist i would do it.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 21 2017 02:47am
The Internet : https://www.bravotelecom.com/en-CA/internet-provider-residential.php is a service. People should pay for it, no matter if it is a poor or rich area.
Gold: 10,655.00
Dec 21 2017 07:01am

Until you can control all human natures (which I'm not condoning), communism doesn't work. There will ALWAYS be some that think they deserve to keep what they earn.
To get anything like communism to work you would have to redesign humans from the ground up.
Communism doesn't work even if you give it new names.

Communism is the god of the poor man. But it's still unworkable. There will, in any group, always be one or two that just don't want to share.
This may start small, but that one or two, will benefit from their greed, others will notice, and boom...you're off on the road to capitalism or some variant, yet again.

Even with severe military assistance, communism always fails. It's human nature, and unless you find a way to edit it out of the gene pool...communism will fail over and over.

LOL. The only communistic society that sometimes succeeds, are zombies, and even they fail. I mean, even the most hopeful zombie movies are written by capitalists. :lol:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll