d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Poor People Don't Need Internet > Maga
Prev178910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.77
Nov 23 2017 04:21pm
Quote (majorblood @ Nov 23 2017 08:07am)
you will maintain a hierarchy of competence in these wealthy and successful companies until they are no longer and competition takes over without government aid and bailouts. If a company can maintain competence without government intervention through voluntary trade interactions no redistribution is necessary.

I haven't looked much into ancap ideology and this is just what seems obvious to me. I'm sure cambo could explain further but it seems any post he makes is usually met with immediate argument and disdain from left-leaning posters here

Where do human beings rather than legal entities fit in?
Gold: 10.77
Nov 23 2017 04:27pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Nov 23 2017 03:14pm)
This is why i do not argue with ancap's, everyone else can see why their ideas can not work, they think replacing the government with corporations will create a utopia, everyone else has already seen blade runner.

Even funnier is that governments are corporations and corporations are legal entities which are chartered by governments. Replacing a government with a corporation is the same thing as replacing a corporation with a government. At some point they become interchangeable words. The main difference is that our current concept of government in the west requires consent of the governed and a democratic process, whereas our concept of corporation is a small board of directors with an executor - no accountable Congress of the people or judiciary to reign in executive decisions. A corporation in absence of government becomes a a fiefdom.
Gold: 1.93
Nov 23 2017 04:42pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Nov 24 2017 09:27am)
Even funnier is that governments are corporations and corporations are legal entities which are chartered by governments. Replacing a government with a corporation is the same thing as replacing a corporation with a government. At some point they become interchangeable words. The main difference is that our current concept of government in the west requires consent of the governed and a democratic process, whereas our concept of corporation is a small board of directors with an executor - no accountable Congress of the people or judiciary to reign in executive decisions. A corporation in absence of government becomes a a fiefdom.

I work for BP, we are so far above the law it is not even funny, i think if we wholesale slaughtered a small country we would get away with it.
Gold: 200.83
Nov 23 2017 05:22pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Nov 23 2017 12:46pm)
Why don’t you just use your brain and think of examples?

I thought of one in a few seconds.

Imagine you have very little. Maybe you have a small pension and a part time public works position to pay the bills at your humble apartment. Let’s say that due to a physical disability you cannot work full time.

Suddenly anarcho-capitalism.

Your pension and public works job no longer exist. The public utility is seized by powerful corporate interests and shuts off your power because you’re insignificant and who cares if you freeze? You can’t afford the electricity fast lane, you aren’t profitable... and profit is the measure of all men now.

The most powerful corporations assimilate the smaller and consolidate their power until there are a handful left. This handful of corporations and their board of directors and chief executives control vast regions, and set public policy themselves. Public input may be sought, but the corporation has no government they must account to. If they want to pay workers $1 an hour, there is no one to stop them, and the global corporate Congress can collude to ensure rebellion is fruitless.

The pensioner has either starved to death or must work for starvation wages to appease the corporate Congress. There are no laws to protect him, except those which the corporations set arbitrarily to maximize their profits year after year.

Literally the only way to prevent this scenario is through vast redistribution of power, wealth, and resources. If you would read Marx, you would understand that the objective of communism was the achievement an egalitarian anarchistic society. And you would understand the dilemma of men like Lenin who nominally wanted to achieve anarchism, yet developed the Russian state into a behemoth which only served the private interests of favored oligarchs via the state capitalist model.

do you have a question related to this story?
Quote (inkanddagger @ Nov 23 2017 02:21pm)
Where do human beings rather than legal entities fit in?

word think, no difference
Quote (Plaguefear @ Nov 23 2017 02:14pm)
This is why i do not argue with ancap's, everyone else can see why their ideas can not work, they think replacing the government with corporations will create a utopia, everyone else has already seen blade runner.

i'm not an ancap if this makes you feel better

This post was edited by majorblood on Nov 23 2017 05:24pm
Nov 23 2017 05:27pm
Quote (majorblood @ Nov 24 2017 10:22am)
do you have a question related to this story?
word think, no difference

i'm not an ancap if this makes you feel better

I was referring to cam, you are just a run of the mill republican right?

Do you actually believe there is no difference between regular people and corporate entities?

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Nov 23 2017 05:28pm
Nov 23 2017 05:31pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Nov 23 2017 03:27pm)
I was referring to cam, you are just a run of the mill republican right?

Do you actually believe there is no difference between regular people and corporate entities?

not sure what this means exactly

there are differences
Nov 23 2017 05:52pm
Quote (majorblood @ Nov 24 2017 10:31am)
not sure what this means exactly

there are differences

You know, climate change denial, pro war, anti abortion anti science, pro guns type.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Nov 23 2017 05:52pm
Nov 23 2017 06:01pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Nov 23 2017 03:52pm)
You know, climate change denial, pro war, anti abortion anti science, pro guns type.

I agree one or two of the things mentioned
Gold: 57.00
Nov 23 2017 06:42pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ 23 Nov 2017 18:42)
I work for BP, we are so far above the law it is not even funny, i think if we wholesale slaughtered a small country we would get away with it.

so you work for an oil-spilling firm that ‘could slaughter a small country and get away with it’ and have several millions hoarded due to your own self-described white privilege (that you refuse to redistribute to the needy and downtrodden) yet you lecture strangers on the internet on how they should behave
Nov 24 2017 02:12am
Quote (excellence @ Nov 24 2017 11:42am)
so you work for an oil-spilling firm that ‘could slaughter a small country and get away with it’ and have several millions hoarded due to your own self-described white privilege (that you refuse to redistribute to the needy and downtrodden) yet you lecture strangers on the internet on how they should behave

Yep, hypocrisy is a joy.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev178910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll