d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Al Franken Kissed And Groped Me Without My Consent > Broadcaster Leeann Tweeden Says
Prev1212223242526Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 21 2017 09:29am
Quote (Goomshill @ 21 Nov 2017 16:24)
I see you're adapting to islamic culture already

"the blind will be able to see what he wants"
Gold: 5,016.77
Nov 21 2017 09:55am
Quote (Scaly @ Nov 21 2017 10:12am)
'Gender gobbledygook'?

Honestly it doesn't matter what you believe. It only matters whether those guys were entirely comfortable with and consented to that kind of gross indecency being inflicted upon their person. Considering Robin Williams was married at the time I find it hard to believe he would consent to being publicly groped by a playboy bunny. Shame we can't ask him about it.

I don't think women 'have more leeway'. I think the line is pretty clear and it's called consent.

A woman wrapping her leg around a comedian on stage is gross indecency? What are you a Puritan now? What she did isn't comparable to what Al Franken allegedly did.

Men are naturally more powerful than women, so we have to be more careful when making advances than women. The same applies in a comedic situation.
Gold: 10.77
Nov 21 2017 11:13am
Quote (IceMage @ Nov 21 2017 08:55am)
A woman wrapping her leg around a comedian on stage is gross indecency? What are you a Puritan now? What she did isn't comparable to what Al Franken allegedly did.

Men are naturally more powerful than women, so we have to be more careful when making advances than women. The same applies in a comedic situation.

What did Franken allegedly do?

1. Hoverhand picture
2. Dress rehearsal
3. Put arms around people for photos 1,000 times a day and accidentally touch a butt

This vs. literal child rape.

It's like... yeah, as a society, we have moved on from childish humor like the hoverhand photo. We know it's not acceptable just to get an affirmation of consent for a stage rehearsal kiss; one must reaffirm that consent and acknowledge it can be revoked at any time. The final charge just made me laugh, honestly. I can't think of a large group photo I've ever taken where it was awkward fumbling for where to put arms before the snapshot. That seems like some sensitive snowflake Republican stuff.

So Franken certainly shouldn't be bringing outdated humor or old consent normas into the modern era.

But again, it's not like his dick was involved in any of these situations. Why we are comparing him to people who whipped out their dick - actual child rapists like Roy Moore and sexual predators like Weinstein or Louis CK - is beyond me.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Nov 21 2017 11:20am
Gold: 22,189.49
Nov 21 2017 11:16am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Nov 21 2017 11:13am)

1. Hoverhand picture
2. Dress rehearsal
3. Put arms around people for photos 1,000 times a day and accidentally touch a butt

When I saw the script, Franken had written a moment when his character comes at me for a ‘kiss’. I suspected what he was after, but I figured I could turn my head at the last minute, or put my hand over his mouth, to get more laughs from the crowd.
On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, “We need to rehearse the kiss.” I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ‘Relax Al, this isn’t SNL…we don’t need to rehearse the kiss.’
He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.
He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.
I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time.
I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.
I felt disgusted and violated.

:banana:
Nov 21 2017 11:20am
Yep, exactly what I said.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Nov 21 2017 11:21am
Nov 21 2017 11:26am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Nov 21 2017 12:13pm)

1. Hoverhand picture
2. Dress rehearsal

It's like... yeah, as a society, we have moved on from childish humor like the hoverhand photo. We know it's not acceptable just to get an affirmation of consent for a stage rehearsal kiss; one must reaffirm that consent and acknowledge it can be revoked at any time. The final charge just made me laugh, honestly. I can't think of a large group photo I've ever taken where it was awkward fumbling for where to put arms before the snapshot. That seems like some sensitive snowflake Republican stuff.

So Franken certainly shouldn't be bringing outdated humor or old consent normas into the modern era.

But again, it's not like his dick was involved in any of these situations. Why we are comparing him to people who whipped out their dick - actual child rapists like Roy Moore and sexual predators like Weinstein or Louis CK - is beyond me.

Any inappropriate sexual behavior that comes out is going to be grouped into the "sexual assault" category. The last couple pages I wasn't comparing Franken to anyone else except Leeann Tweeden, because what she did in the pictures posted isn't the same thing as what Franken allegedly did.

I agree it's important we don't just group all of this stuff together. Every case is different, and the Franken allegations are on the forgivable end of the spectrum.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 21 2017 11:34am
Quote (IceMage @ 21 Nov 2017 15:55)

Grabbing and slapping their arses is. Al Franken made a hoverhand photo and kissed her with her consent. Sexual harassment at the absolute best. She committed at least two sexual assaults against different men, one of whom was a vulnerable person suffering severe mental illness.

She's a fucking predator mate.

This post was edited by Scaly on Nov 21 2017 11:35am
Nov 21 2017 11:36am
So kissing is sex now?
Nov 21 2017 11:52am
Quote (Scaly @ Nov 21 2017 12:34pm)
Grabbing and slapping their arses is. Al Franken made a hoverhand photo and kissed her with her consent. Sexual harassment at the absolute best. She committed at least two sexual assaults against different men, one of whom was a vulnerable person suffering severe mental illness.

She's a fucking predator mate.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

She didn't give consent to get mauled by Franken. That's silly.

As far as what she did to other people, we don't know the context. Either way, I just don't think women should be judged by the same standards as men on this. If Leeann employed these people, it'd probably be inappropriate, but they're just messing around onstage in a comedic, entertaining way. Who cares.

This post was edited by IceMage on Nov 21 2017 11:53am
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 21 2017 12:03pm
This Leeann Tweeden is a such a pervet, because of that kind of trash people the real human being women are losing credibility

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1212223242526Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll