d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Fight For Net Neutrality Goes To The Next Round
Prev191011121333Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,525.35
Nov 8 2017 09:52am
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 8 2017 09:53am)
in short it isn't logical to expect,

who said im expecting it?
nor am i opposed to gradual policy changes.

it's not pragmatic. as the fed grows stronger year by year, even less so.

as to the rest, it seems like you get it. you get off on pushing people to an uncomfortable place,

i get off on being correct and knowing what i am talking about.
you get off on saying 'das not pragmatic' and justifying intellectual cowardice while at the same time scolding others for not saying anything nuanced enough.

you just also gets self righteous when people don't choose to engage this and consistently overlook the fact that they've made a choice and deem you to be unworthy of conversation. you continually elude to this being due to their laziness, or your intellectual superiority, etc. the truth is you're a stick in the mud who isn't pragmatic, that's it. own it.

Me explicitly recognizing when people are being anti-intellectual and insult me instead of attacking my arguments is not me 'overlooking' it.
I fully see when that happens. Coming up with a limp-wristed excuse for why that happens doesn't change that its happening.

There is a place for pragmatic and theoretical debate. I am not just one or the other.
You choose to hold up 'pragmatism' as some great ideal and label me the opposite in a paltry attempt to continue your justification for intellectual cowardice.
Being theoretically and logically sound is not a vice. Nor is it invalid to stick to a position in the face of fallacies and insults.
No branding me a stick in the mud doesnt override the truth of whether others are being anti-intellectual, malicious and know less than me about a topic or point.

Much of what i talk about is not some unrealistic completely theoretical far off land. Its basics of current events and policy proposals that are actually on the table and analyzing the truth and merit of statements.
however if someone challenges me on a theoretical point about libertarianism i sometimes choose to defend it. dont bring a dunce cap to a political disucssion.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Nov 8 2017 09:54am
Gold: 2,489.69
Nov 8 2017 09:58am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Nov 8 2017 09:52am)
who said im expecting it?
nor am i opposed to gradual policy changes.

i get off on being correct and knowing what i am talking about.
you get off on saying 'das not pragmatic' and justifying intellectual cowardice while at the same time scolding others for not saying anything nuanced enough.

Me explicitly recognizing when people are being anti-intellectual and insult me instead of attacking my arguments is not me 'overlooking' it.
I fully see when that happens. Coming up with a limp-wristed excuse for why that happens doesn't change that its happening.

There is a place for pragmatic and theoretical debate. I am not just one or the other.
You choose to hold up 'pragmatism' as some great ideal and label me the opposite in a paltry attempt to continue your justification for intellectual cowardice.
Being theoretically and logically sound is not a vice. Nor is it invalid to stick to a position in the face of fallacies and insults.
No branding me a stick in the mud doesnt override the truth of whether others are being anti-intellectual, malicious and know less than me about a topic or point.

Much of what i talk about is not some unrealistic completely theoretical far off land. Its basics of current events and policy proposals that are actually on the table and analyzing the truth and merit of statements.
however if someone challenges me on a theoretical point about libertarianism i sometimes choose to defend it. dont bring a dunce cap to a political disucssion.

i like getting things done, winning from time to time. its the reason i left the libertarian party and wont ever go back. you're all a bunch of sticks in the mud who'd rather be entirely principled than actually achieve your goals. its the reason you have to climb on the roof top and celebrate "wins" like trans bathroom laws getting kicked back to states. its just sad to see someone celebrate such a financially irresponsible thing, is all.

you've got me pretty well pegged though, i dont think most people are pragmatic enough and i don't think people are capable of nuanced thought in most situations. i don't have a problem owning my own behavior, because i am not ashamed of it in the least.
Nov 8 2017 10:14am
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 8 2017 10:58am)
i like getting things done, winning from time to time. its the reason i left the libertarian party and wont ever go back. you're all a bunch of sticks in the mud who'd rather be entirely principled than actually achieve your goals. its the reason you have to climb on the roof top and celebrate "wins" like trans bathroom laws getting kicked back to states. its just sad to see someone celebrate such a financially irresponsible thing, is all.

you've got me pretty well pegged though, i dont think most people are pragmatic enough and i don't think people are capable of nuanced thought in most situations. i don't have a problem owning my own behavior, because i am not ashamed of it in the least.

this might come as a shock but not all libertarians are the same.
nor is arguing a point 'celebrating on the roof'
goals of achieving principled policy axiomatically require the principle to be adhered to in the policy.
Many libertarians support 'pragmatic' more moderate policies and politicians like Rand Paul or mild decreases in regulations/taxes/spending in addition to being very principled and wanting more.

I'm not even in the LP myself.
the chairman is a wanker, the presidential candidates are often not very libertarian or good, and changing the GOP is an arguably more pragmatic vehicle for changing the laws and system..
this runs against your 'u no pragmatic, so we dont have to make any sound arguments' story.
Gold: 2,489.69
Nov 8 2017 10:20am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Nov 8 2017 10:14am)
this might come as a shock but not all libertarians are the same.
nor is arguing a point 'celebrating on the roof'
goals of achieving principled policy axiomatically require the principle to be adhered to in the policy.
Many libertarians support 'pragmatic' more moderate policies and politicians like Rand Paul or mild decreases in regulations/taxes/spending in addition to being very principled and wanting more.

I'm not even in the LP myself.
the chairman is a wanker, the presidential candidates are often not very libertarian or good, and changing the GOP is an arguably more pragmatic vehicle for changing the laws and system..
this runs against your 'u no pragmatic, so we dont have to make any sound arguments' story.

bold 1: you sure to like to waste time on hyperbolic statements dont you? maybe repost the sally meme, that'll teach me to be more specific.

bold 2: on all of that we agree, i just disagree that that's your typical behavior around here. then again i've been away for quite some time, maybe you've changed. last time i checked in you were enjoying liberal tears.
Gold: 752.10
Nov 8 2017 05:42pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 7 2017 04:32pm)
to be fair, most people just gave up on arguing with cam years ago. except jay and that sjw euro kid. but they'd likely argue with a brick wall if the room's acoustics were halfway decent,

Cam just leaves a thread after he has been smacked around enough by one poster and returns when a bunch of fresh unrelated comments arrive with the same garbage he spoutted earlier in the thread.
Nov 8 2017 06:00pm
Quote (nobrow @ Nov 8 2017 06:42pm)
Cam just leaves a thread after he has been smacked around enough by one poster and returns when a bunch of fresh unrelated comments arrive with the same garbage he spoutted earlier in the thread.

delusional gossip and misrepresentation. what else is new? sorry i cant be on jsp 24/7 policing shitposts.
Gold: 745.69
Nov 8 2017 07:51pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Nov 8 2017 08:00pm)
delusional gossip and misrepresentation. what else is new? sorry i cant be on jsp 24/7 policing shitposts.

Totally serious question, is there anyone on this forum who has ever said "cam really gets it"?

This post was edited by Magicman657 on Nov 8 2017 07:52pm
Gold: 260.11
Nov 8 2017 08:27pm
Quote (nobrow @ Nov 8 2017 05:42pm)

His MO is that when he knows he's wrong, he buggers out without admitting he's wrong.

Truthfully he's capable of realizing when he's posting garbage, he's just totally incapable of ever internalizing that he could be wrong.
Nov 8 2017 08:40pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Nov 8 2017 09:27pm)
His MO is that when he knows he's wrong, he buggers out without admitting he's wrong.

Truthfully he's capable of realizing when he's posting garbage, he's just totally incapable of ever internalizing that he could be wrong.

id love for people to actually make arguments and elaborate on why something i said is wrong. thats literally what im calling for.
instead we only have lefty cowards insulting me, avoiding addressing what i say at all costs, and telling stories about magical undocumented times i was supposedly wrong and ran away because i didnt stay on jsp 24/7

Totally serious question, is there anyone on this forum who has ever said "cam really gets it"?

Of course. just not from the handful of anti-intellectual stooges in this thread.
how often do people tell you you've got it right with insults, mindless slogans and no arguments?

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Nov 8 2017 08:41pm
Nov 8 2017 08:47pm
signing off now. cant wait to hear how i ran away from such solid arguments you've been making.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011121333Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll