d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Your Gun Control Proposal
Prev15678925Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,945.00
Oct 5 2017 12:16pm
Quote (DCSS @ Oct 5 2017 12:12pm)
im amazed that was even allowed to exist

Makes no sense to me.

Quote (Sakuraba @ Oct 5 2017 12:13pm)
Because they want it, they don't need any other reason, retard.

If you can't voice an argument (not that that is one) without ad hom thrown in, perhaps you should make your way back to general chat with the rest of the children.
Gold: 475.46
Oct 5 2017 12:16pm
I want to start off by saying that I love guns, I own guns just so you dont get any stupid ideas on my motives here. I am 100% for very strong regulation on guns. It is possible for someone to love guns and own them and still want regulation.

First and foremost, all modifications to a gun to allow for automatic fire should be outright illegal. Bump stocks should be banned along with ANY modification to mimic automatic fire other than someone with a really fast trigger finger.

Tier system

Tier 1 - Regular citizen gun ownership

Limit on the amount of guns one household can have, 10 perhaps? Needs discussion.
All firearms must be registered
The users owners of said firearms are licensed to own and operate them (Just like with a drivers licence.
Any occupant over a certain age must have a certification of safety. Thinking 8 + not sure just yet. Needs discussion.
Owners will be subject to renewal of said license just like with a drivers license. Perhaps not as often, needs discussion.
Licensing is contingent on mental health status as well. If you are considered to be mentally unstable you are not allowed ownership of firearms.

Tier 2 - Regular citizen gun ownership - allowed more firearms - all other regs are the same

Limit on the amount of guns one household can have, 15 perhaps? Needs discussion.
All firearms must be registered
The users owners of said firearms are licensed to own and operate them (Just like with a drivers licence.
Any occupant over a certain age must have a certification of safety. Thinking 8 + not sure just yet. Needs discussion.
Owners will be subject to renewal of said license just like with a drivers license. Perhaps not as often, needs discussion.
Licensing is contingent on mental health status as well. If you are considered to be mentally unstable you are not allowed ownership of firearms.

And it will go on from here to sellers, law enforcement and military etc.

I just pulled this out of my ass, it wasnt to hard. We need more regulation and better enforcement of it along with the laws already on the books. This should be federally mandated, the states cannot be trusted to do their own thing with something like this because people cannot be trusted to do what is best for others rather than themselves. i.e. politicians pandering to their base. Case in point, a politician who is anti abortion on the books and then tries to get his whore to abort their unborn child. We need checks and balances here, its common sense. When the founding fathers said we should all have guns the times were different, you cannot equate a fucking musket to todays weaponry... I highly doubt they would have wanted anyone to be able to do whatever they wanted because of freedom herp derp, murka. Get over yourself and think of the goal here that being a safe and healthy community united as one, stronger than ever and truly united unlike what we have now which is completely divided.

This might not be the best idea but at least its something and i am whiling to talk about it without freaking out do to ego.

This post was edited by Brian_D on Oct 5 2017 12:18pm
Gold: 1,627.69
Warn: 10%
Oct 5 2017 12:17pm
Quote (Sakuraba @ Oct 5 2017 02:13pm)

Guess if I want 600 pounds of explosives and an unmarked van its perfectly fine for me to have it simply because I want it.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Oct 5 2017 12:20pm
Quote (Sakuraba @ Oct 5 2017 02:13pm)

This is the equivalent of selling an attachment for a chlorine jug that turns it into a mustard gas sprayer. This bump stock only serves to turn an otherwise legal item into something very illegal and potentially deadly to large numbers of people. Like I said, I'm amazed it was allowed.
Gold: 7,526.30
Oct 5 2017 12:20pm
Quote (Magicman657 @ Oct 5 2017 02:16pm)
Yes, I am calling you a zealous ideologue because you've made it apparent that you are one, and yes, most people would (and probably should) take offense to that. However, I stand by every word of what I said because that's what zealous ideologues fucking are.

being ideologically opposed to something does not mean they are uninterested in facts or dont care about solutions. its ad hom bullshit. nor does it mean there arent good reasons for opposing a policy that led them to that position in the first place. get a better argument.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Oct 5 2017 12:21pm
Gold: 40.64
Oct 5 2017 12:22pm
Quote (DCSS @ Oct 5 2017 11:03am)
people generally don't buy guns from the government, they buy them from private companies.

Quote (Magicman657 @ Oct 5 2017 11:05am)
I think this is actually sort of a gray area and deserves its own topic for debate; it's not like the box the device comes with says "Oh hey btw this device can totally be used to spy on you and send that information to whomever we feel like". It's hard to say there's real consent when this information is hidden and/or buried in mountains of legalese that may not even come with the actual product itself.

It's totally legal for these companies to spy on us because we agree to their terms when using their products and services. The Forth Amendment and the rest of the Bill of Rights does not apply to them.

Creating laws, which is essentially what gun control is doing, must be subjected to the US Constitution.

This post was edited by NatureNames on Oct 5 2017 12:37pm
Gold: 745.69
Oct 5 2017 12:26pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Oct 5 2017 02:20pm)
being ideologically opposed to something does not mean they are uninterested in facts or dont care about solutions. its ad hom bullshit. nor does it mean there arent good reasons for opposing a policy that led them to that position in the first place. get a better argument.

1, I called you a zealous ideologue, which is different than just being ideologically opposed to something. I know that's kinda nuanced though and you've made it abundantly clear in basically every post you make in PARD that you don't know anything about nuance. 2, You have absolutely no fucking argument against funding scientific research on gun violence and despite this you cannot help but oppose it purely because you're afraid it might make your position look bad.

Quote (NatureNames @ Oct 5 2017 02:22pm)
It's totally legal for these companies to spy on us because we agree to their terms when using their products and services. The Forth Amendment and the rest of the Bill of Rights does not apply to them.

Creating laws, which is essentially what gun control is doing, must be subjected to the Bill of Rights.

I think this point could be argued, but again, this probably isn't the place to have that conversation.

This post was edited by Magicman657 on Oct 5 2017 12:27pm
Gold: 22,189.49
Oct 5 2017 12:28pm
Quote (DCSS @ Oct 5 2017 12:20pm)
This is the equivalent of selling an attachment for a chlorine jug that turns it into a mustard gas sprayer. This bump stock only serves to turn an otherwise legal item into something very illegal and potentially deadly to large numbers of people. Like I said, I'm amazed it was allowed.

This is the equivalent of a bump stock:

Can you stop people from converting semi-automatics into fully automatics if it all it takes is a couple loops and a shoelace?
Gold: 2,004.41
Oct 5 2017 12:31pm
Quote (DCSS @ Oct 5 2017 12:20pm)

I think they just call that a sprayer, you can spray any chemical you want. The bumpstock doesn't turn something legal into something illegal, because they aren't illegal. It merely (and poorly) imitates fully automatic, which neither fully auto or bumpstocks are common in gun crime, nor mass shootings. This guy killed and injured so many because he shot fish in a barrel without challenge because of the plan he carried out. A bumpstock is horribly inaccurate, they're not new.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678925Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll