d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > It's Happening
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 13 2017 08:25am
Quote (pypyjyys @ Oct 13 2017 02:57pm)
idk wtf is young turks :mellow:

1) obviously they have some proof if they lock someone. Ive never heard of someone being perm banned without actually RMTing.
Also at least from what I've seen from jsp posts they do usually give a second chance. I assume in this case the use of RMT was so blatant that they decided not to. Unless they just decided to randomly change their policy. Could be there was just some dick handling it this time idk.
Point was that if you RMT, getting banned is a risk you take lol. I really can't see any way to try to defend yourself if you get caught.

2) and like I said previously I dont personally give a shit about RMT. I play solo and don't compete with people so if someone pays to win it's what ever.
However I do understand why people get upset.

3)too lazy to go to this stash tabs convo again. I do own premium stash tabs myself so I do admit they are super QoL if nothing else. P2w here is a pretty strong word for it imo
as for the HoI aoe, you definitely have no proof about them making the MTX version better on purpose.. There is absolutely no reason for GGG to make a decision like that when the biggest reason their game is so popular is because its f2p lol.
They arent stupid enough to make little shit like that which would just hurt them in the end and yield little to no profits even on the short term

4)account sharing is usually against the rules because sharing accounts makes it difficult to control account buying/selling by RMT. Idk exactly whats GGGs reason. Could be just the fact that it would hurt their MTX market if people share accounts.
Which imo would be a totally understandable reason to make a rule like that.

Just curious though. Why do you think RMT is a good thing? something you want to support to such as lengths as to say making a business out of it is good (legalflipper?)
as for the small time RMT people who buy shit to get an edge on new ladder resets.. I mean it makes it totally unfair for people who don't RMT and definitely make the game P2W. So effectively you are defending making the game P2W.. no?

e/ holy shit that's a lot of text.

1) you havent heard of anyone getting banned without rmt because that actually doesnt happen, but the reason is this: when they suspect something fishy, they lock the account rmt or not. then the person who didnt rmt will pm them with something like "i didnt do shit, unlock my account" so they do. the same thing would happen if you did rmt cause they cant prove a thing. the only way to get locked is to actually admit rmt, thats why non-rmters dont get locked, they dont admit anything because they actually didnt do anything :blush: i think they can check the items and ingame logs, but not the IP addresses used to log in the game. im sure they cant see the IPs though, at least not at the moment! but if i gave 100exa to someone, it might just be a random act of kindness, they can see it but its not conclusive and they cant lock based on it!

2) no arguing here, i dont play solo but i dont care what someone does as long as it doesnt hurt anyone :blush:

3) true, i dont have any evidence about them doing it on purpose :mellow: but if they can lock people with no evidence, i can talk shit about them with no evidence :blush:

4) well that could be a reason, actually didnt think about it :unsure:

so yeah, why do i think rmt is good? well im a casual, rmt means items are easier to acquire! if someone wants to pay for an item its their choice...i know rmt is bad for ggg but i dont care about ggg and i dont like their policies so yeah, im all good with rmters even if they flip half the game :mellow: i would rmt the fuck out of the game if i could, i dont do it simply because i dont know how :(

example retarded action that happened to me: i went to global 820 as i usually do and someone scammed a rotation quite visibly. we reported him to 820 so people know hes a scammer and some ggg idiot mod pmed me to "not name and shame people" and that "this is just a warning but they will have to use other means if i continued to do so" :wacko: and if something annoys me to no end, its that SJW crap <_< i think that was the exact moment when i was like "fuck ggg" and stopped caring about the game completely :(
Gold: 181,950.78
Oct 13 2017 08:26am
Hey there,

I'm afraid the account will remain permanently locked as previously mentioned. Please be aware "RMT" is a breach of our Terms of Use and Code of Conduct, and will result in the account being permanently banned. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,
Ethan
--------------------
Hello Ethan,

Thank you for your time and thorough explanation. I now fully understand that RMT may result in a permanent ban, and I promise to not use real money for purchasing stash tabs or in-game effects. In the future I will only spent forum gold to aquire my items.

Best regards,
Liszt
--------------------

that will be my last word :D oh well, my current internet is too shitty to play with anyway. might as well take a break
Oct 13 2017 08:29am
Quote (Kinjutsu @ Oct 13 2017 04:26pm)
Hey there,

I'm afraid the account will remain permanently locked as previously mentioned. Please be aware "RMT" is a breach of our Terms of Use and Code of Conduct, and will result in the account being permanently banned. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,
Ethan
--------------------
Hello Ethan,

Thank you for your time and thorough explanation. I now fully understand that RMT may result in a permanent ban, and I promise to not use real money for purchasing stash tabs or in-game effects. In the future I will only spent forum gold to aquire my items.

Best regards,
Liszt
--------------------

that will be my last word :D oh well, my current internet is too shitty to play with anyway. might as well take a break

:lol: !

just register the new acc to a different email address :blush: they wont permanently lock without proof or confession so avoid using the same email, thats risky :cry: other than that go ham, just dont admit anything :P also trade like i do, whenever you have a jsp trade talk shit like "sup bro, long time no see, heres something to help you start" etc :ph34r:
Gold: 90.58
Oct 13 2017 08:32am
Quote (Kinjutsu @ Oct 13 2017 06:26am)
Hey there,

Regards,
Ethan
--------------------
Hello Ethan,

Best regards,
Liszt
--------------------

ROFL
Gold: 14.90
Oct 13 2017 09:02am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Oct 13 2017 04:29pm)
:lol: !

just register the new acc to a different email address :blush: they wont permanently lock without proof or confession so avoid using the same email, thats risky :cry: other than that go ham, just dont admit anything :P also trade like i do, whenever you have a jsp trade talk shit like "sup bro, long time no see, heres something to help you start" etc :ph34r:

lmao XD
Gold: 202.99
Oct 13 2017 09:51am
Quote (Snyft2 @ 13 Oct 2017 17:25)
so yeah, why do i think rmt is good? well im a casual, rmt means items are easier to acquire! if someone wants to pay for an item its their choice...i know rmt is bad for ggg but i dont care about ggg and i dont like their policies so yeah, im all good with rmters even if they flip half the game :mellow: i would rmt the fuck out of the game if i could, i dont do it simply because i dont know how :(

example retarded action that happened to me: i went to global 820 as i usually do and someone scammed a rotation quite visibly. we reported him to 820 so people know hes a scammer and some ggg idiot mod pmed me to "not name and shame people" and that "this is just a warning but they will have to use other means if i continued to do so" :wacko: and if something annoys me to no end, its that SJW crap <_< i think that was the exact moment when i was like "fuck ggg" and stopped caring about the game completely :(

So would you be fine with GGG doing a real money auction house which would let you trade currency/items for real currency then?
you know, making the game easier for casuals. Then even the ones who don't bother/don't have time to grind can get items by buying them without breaking the ToS.

Hmm.. is this a deja vu or did some other gaming company try this out in the past :huh:

e/ as for the naming+shaming part, I'm quite sure they do that so people won't just go accuse random people they don't like in global
You know someone might go and say JM92 is a scammer (without any proof) just for the lulz. Resulting in people putting him on ignore lists and shit

This post was edited by pypyjyys on Oct 13 2017 09:53am
Oct 13 2017 10:11am
Quote (pypyjyys @ Oct 13 2017 05:51pm)
So would you be fine with GGG doing a real money auction house which would let you trade currency/items for real currency then?
you know, making the game easier for casuals. Then even the ones who don't bother/don't have time to grind can get items by buying them without breaking the ToS.

Hmm.. is this a deja vu or did some other gaming company try this out in the past :huh:

e/ as for the naming+shaming part, I'm quite sure they do that so people won't just go accuse random people they don't like in global
You know someone might go and say JM92 is a scammer (without any proof) just for the lulz. Resulting in people putting him on ignore lists and shit

you dont seem to know how global 820 works, if you report someone randomly no one will ignore him. but if an entire party reports, people sometimes do ignore! also theres other things like if he logs out even on his turn people usually dont report because it might have been power outage and whatnot...my whole point is that when you report in global 820, you need to say the reason and other people in party need to confirm that reason. global 820 is well aware there are trolls, no one needs outside people who dont know anything about it to regulate anything. im not going to argue about that anymore, its my personal opinion that whole thing was some massive SJW cuck shit and no "but poe is free to play!" argument is gonna change that :mellow:

and about auction house...i dont really care :wacko: i mean it probably wasnt the main reason d3 died, it was a bad game to begin with. real money auction houses ruin games because games are supposed to be played for fun, and when you add a heavy competitive element like that most gamers think "if people are playing this to earn money and i cant earn money as well, i wont play this game". so the base of rmt ah ruining games is simple envy, thats why for me personally rmt auction houses dont change anything because ive never been an envious person :blush: i dont care what other people do as long as they arent directly ruining the fun :blush: example: i dont mind rmt sites selling stuff in poe, but i do mind their adds popping up in my channel chat so i cant see a thing :wacko:
Gold: 64.69
Oct 13 2017 10:38am
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Grinding Gear Games,

Yes I admit to RMT, I wasn't aware of the breach with Terms of Use and I am sorry. My use of it has been very limited, and non-existent for weeks. Please give me a second chance, I have at least 200 hours invested in my account and can not overcome having to start over. I give you my word to refrain from RMT in the future.

Best regards,
Liszt
-------------------------------------------------------------

this is where you fucked yourself
Gold: 6,762.00
Oct 14 2017 01:15am
Quote (Lamperouge @ 30 Sep 2017 14:12)
The transaction most likely happened months if not weeks ago, it's how gaming company's wait a while to cast a wider net before letting down the ban hammer.

I cant see op buying multiple mirrors, however he seems proactive in fusing selling on harb atm.

Easy target.

Dispite having a shit leauges and low player retention, ggg is further punishing their most hardcore playerbase.

This is witch hunt season.

(Ironically jsp is hardly considered rmt, in the case of rmt, nobody is dumb enough to buy fg for exalted orbs in leauge, it's 4 times cheaper on PA, jsp is a transaction agaisnt credit that is stored for later. The only reason cross leauge trading is baned is because ggg cannot regulate cross realm trading scams. Yet, we're all punished because of it)

What is this PA place? It sounds wonderful
Gold: 450.51
Oct 14 2017 04:48am
"Get caught? call Snyft!"
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll