d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Take A Knee Vs Boycott Nfl
Prev12728293031Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15.04
Sep 29 2017 02:52pm
As an outsider, can someone clarify what exactly is disrespectful about kneeling and lowering your head?

In my book that is a sign of respect.

This post was edited by Schnitzel-hunter on Sep 29 2017 02:53pm
Gold: 10.77
Sep 29 2017 02:58pm
Quote (Schnitzel-hunter @ Sep 29 2017 01:52pm)
As an outsider, can someone clarify what exactly is disrespectful about kneeling and lowering your head?

Authoritarians want to force people to stand for the pledge of allegiance and singing of the national anthem because, to them, the act of blind allegiance to one's country is more important than human liberty, freedom of speech, or human dignity.
Gold: 1,895.00
Sep 29 2017 03:12pm
Quote (Schnitzel-hunter @ Sep 29 2017 02:52pm)

They don't want to take part in the anthem so they kneel so it's clear they aren't participating in it while everyone who is remains standing. The act is seen as disrespectful since people of all walks of life participate in the anthem so by not participating you're seen as saying you aren't proud to be an American.
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 29 2017 03:44pm
Quote (Schnitzel-hunter @ Sep 29 2017 04:52pm)

The NFL gives fines for these things. They didn't fine this one because it was a Democrat protest. Its a stupid double standard and it deserved to be punished.
Gold: 10,176.60
Sep 29 2017 05:37pm
had a a laugh over the pic even if it's fake
Gold: 1,470.74
Sep 29 2017 05:41pm
Quote (C4NTWO @ Sep 25 2017 02:46pm)
"President Trump’s recent remarks suggesting NFL team owners should fire players who kneel during the national anthem could be a federal crime.
18 U.S. Code § 227 stipulates that any federal employee, member of Congress, or member of the executive branch is forbidden from using their position within the federal government to influence the employment decisions of a private business, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation. The penalty for doing so could result in fines and incarceration of up to 15 years, and anyone who is found guilty of violating that law could even be disqualified from holding office:
(a)Whoever, being a covered government person, with the intent to influence, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation, an employment decision or employment practice of any private entity—
(1) takes or withholds, or offers or threatens to take or withhold, an official act, or
(2) influences or offers or threatens to influence, the official act of another shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than 15 years, or both, and may be disqualified from holding any office of honour, trust, or profit under the United States.
It’s worth noting that U.S. Code specifies that no federal employee is exempt from the law, including the President of the United States."

Trump should be in prison.

What Trump said only brings into light that the NFL's operations manual has a rule in place for this and it's going unforced. Since he challenged the players and owners pocketbook by urging fans to walk out and not watch now they all show "unity". Meanwhile Kapernick is still unemployed and not a single owner has said anything about him. Screams insincerity.
Gold: 1,803.00
Sep 29 2017 07:48pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Sep 25 2017 11:42am)
flag worshipping nationalistic nonsense, trump hysteria, black panther salutes, race baiting divisiveness and delusions.. im not too fond of either side.
however i do have respect for the veteran who broke away from his team to stand for the anthem.

add in the 'no fun league' and PC bullshit policies and the fact that my favorite team is being wildly mismanaged.. my interest in the NFL was near an all time low as it was.

Not sure if anybody mentioned it. That veteran was extremely embarrassed as he stood outside by accident.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 29 2017 09:09pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Sep 28 2017 12:05pm)
Yeah, nowhere in this video, in any capacity, does it backup your original claim that “FEMA isnt able to provide aid because they have to wait on marching orders from the Trump administration.” There very well is a humanitarian crisis, however to place the blame on Trump & his administration is factually incorrect, & kind of retarded tbh.

Trump declared PR a state of emergency, which allowed FEMA to move in. Then removed the Logan Act which significantly speeds up the entire process. He pretty much did everything he could possibly do. God forbid anybody give Trump any credit though, he’s literally hitler after all.

And then there was this today: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/353163-san-juan-mayor-i-am-begging-begging-anyone-who-can-hear-us-to

Basically, the government is too slow in getting aid to PR (which is apparently in the middle of the ocean - big water), and the San Juan mayor has had it, and is calling them out on it.
Gold: 10,655.00
Sep 29 2017 09:37pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Sep 29 2017 11:09pm)
And then there was this today: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/353163-san-juan-mayor-i-am-begging-begging-anyone-who-can-hear-us-to

Basically, the government is too slow in getting aid to PR (which is apparently in the middle of the ocean - big water), and the San Juan mayor has had it, and is calling them out on it.

Basically the aid is already there. PR is having trouble "moving" it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/27/us/puerto-rico-aid-problem/index.html

San Juan, Puerto Rico (CNN)A mountain of food, water and other vital supplies has arrived in Puerto Rico's main Port of San Juan.
But a shortage of truckers and the island's devastated infrastructure are making it tough to move aid to where it's needed most, officials say.
At least 10,000 containers of supplies -- including food, water and medicine -- were sitting Thursday at the San Juan port, said Jose Ayala, the Crowley shipping company's vice president in Puerto Rico.
Gold: 8,000.00
Sep 30 2017 07:55pm
Trump is definitely using this to hide his lack of response to Puerto Rico
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12728293031Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll