d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Sup Doodz > Gaining Weight
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 380.01
Sep 25 2017 06:09am
153 this morning (I weighed 157 yesterday evening). I went hard AF at the gym this past weekend. Actually I believe that I overworked my body yesterday and I feel like shit right now, fml.
Oct 2 2017 07:00am
I'm up 13 lbs as of this morning and still gaining. I'm hoping to hit my goal well before my original deadline of 12/31/17 but only time will tell.

Physique competitor is a total narcissist so that's a wash. Onto the next one!

My lifts haven't plateaued yet so that's good.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 2 2017 08:54am
Quote (Delbow @ Oct 2 2017 01:00pm)
I'm up 13 lbs as of this morning and still gaining. I'm hoping to hit my goal well before my original deadline of 12/31/17 but only time will tell.

Physique competitor is a total narcissist so that's a wash. Onto the next one!

My lifts haven't plateaued yet so that's good.

what kind of program are you running? And good job mang, hows the bf% going?
Gold: 1,803.00
Oct 2 2017 06:24pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Sep 7 2017 08:56am)
@Wretch: stop making me hungry :drool:

10k a day is what it takes to gain crazy fast while doing hard athletic training. I know of some NFL guys that ... wow, just wow. Like eating a turkey as one meal every day kind of wow. I've seen prime Shaq's snack prep before ... fml. 10k is nothing compared to the real big pigs, trust me. It's excessive but very do-able.

Alas, you can make the gains you want without even eating junk food. Junk food isn't bad just b/c it's empty calories: it's bad b/c it's toxic, and fat (what gets added if you randomly bulk) stores toxins. There is no set # of meals/snacks per day but I would say the way I did it was to essentially graze all day. I can recall this being pretty typical after school in grade 10, all within a 2h period:

4 bowls of cereal w/ milk
6 eggs, any style
2k calorie protein shake
4-8 hamburgers
1-2 steaks
a few potatoes or cobs of corn

That's not counting a full dinner that I would usually eat. That was a pretty typical routine, because I'd get home at maybe 6pm, and I'd need and need an hour to spare before working out from 9-11 most nights. And I'd probably have another2k+ calories protein shake pre-workout or intra-workout. Sometimes I'd bring 2L of orange juice with me for the workout. The idea was just to pack in the calories b/c I was a junior playing senior rugby. So that's what I would eat after school, and I would usually bring two lunches to school, or maybe go to subway and eat 1.5 feet of sub with a drink and a cookie.

If you want to gain a lot of weight fast it takes that kind of eating. In university, when I was crazy active, I did pigging out differently. Not including breakfast and lunch, I'd eat 2-3 slices of pizza, make 450-900 g pasta each day, and have my 72 wonton soup. Same basic theory but I could force the soup down while resting watching tv so I could hit the exercise bike later. I was played 2-4 hours of basketball every day at that point. Thing is, I was just maintaining 165 pounds lol.

So, stop thinking about how many meals and just worry about the calories in and out if you're bulking. Prep what you can, load everything else, and try to time things so you don't get indigestion or too much fatigue time when you need energy :)

Don't listen to Rew, OP. He's full of shit... :rofl:

This post was edited by tommyd323 on Oct 2 2017 06:25pm
Oct 3 2017 06:48am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Oct 2 2017 10:54am)
what kind of program are you running? And good job mang, hows the bf% going?

I'm not really running anything strict. I just lift hard and eat everything lol! The bf% is still low AF, honestly I cant tell the difference in bf% but I'm 'filling out' a little bit. People are actually noticing without me saying anything so that's results right?! I just switch up the workout every time and put in some work.

There have been two days last week where I honestly thought that I over-trained. The day after those workouts I felt like I got my ass kicked and felt like I was going to either pass out or throw up all day.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 3 2017 07:17am
Quote (Delbow @ Oct 3 2017 12:48pm)
I'm not really running anything strict. I just lift hard and eat everything lol! The bf% is still low AF, honestly I cant tell the difference in bf% but I'm 'filling out' a little bit. People are actually noticing without me saying anything so that's results right?! I just switch up the workout every time and put in some work.

There have been two days last week where I honestly thought that I over-trained. The day after those workouts I felt like I got my ass kicked and felt like I was going to either pass out or throw up all day.

Don't put yourself in rhabdo bruh.
Oct 3 2017 07:43am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Oct 3 2017 09:17am)
Don't put yourself in rhabdo bruh.

Brb, googling that lol.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll